Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

598 results found

1. My Adobe Acrobat Pro DC crashes when I export a PDF to JPEG. I'm on version 20.006.20042.Windows 10.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I have a bug that has been replicated on two separate Mac computers, with the same results, which do not exist on PC.

To replicate the bug, start editing the pdf, use the Edit and the Fill and sign. Add a medium to large image and just use it for a while.

Eventually the program will crash with the error report "Insufficient data for image" or something to that effect. I will send the video, and this has been replicated on two different machine with two different accounts and I also use this on my Windows laptop and it's exclusive…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I am encountering problems with poorly labeled controls in the Acrobat DC Action Wizard. As a blind screen reader user, I would greatly appreciate anything you can do to improve the control labels that are spoken by screen readers. I am using the JAWS 2020 screen reader with Acrobat DC version 20.006.20042.
    The issues I have encountered:

1. Some of the button control labels are unclear and it is difficult to determine which control has focus. For example, when adding a Watermark, the button to add the watermark is spoken as “Add”. If I press “space” to select this option, another…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    I checked the issues after your response.

For point 2, the behaviour is as designed. It seems that the user have to select the option as the default selected item is the last added item in RHP and if no addition is done, then none of the option is selected. Further, I’m not able to hear “AV container View” with controls. I’ve informed the engineering team regarding this.

For point 3, I have raised the issues with engineering team and hopefully it will be fixed in future release.

Thanks
    Rachit

4. Acrobat Pro (for the last several versions) continues to install linkCreation.com into MS Word directories, even though it is known to cause Word either to crash or to throw VBA errors. Please either fix the template or stop installing it.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. WHEN SIGNED FILES ARE SEARCH UNDER MANAGE WE ARE UNABLE TO FIND THEM. WE ACTUALLY HAVE TO FIND THEM MANUALLY WITH THE DATE IF SIGNATURE

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When i try to convert files from pdf to excel, i have an issue in Arabic text it displayed in reverse.
    Note:
    Check the attached file pls.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. This is a bug or a malfunction, not an idea.
    I can't place a signature in my document

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Can you please provide the following details :

1. Please ensure you are on the latest version of Acrobat. Go to Help > Check for Updates.
    2. Is the issue reproducible for all PDF’s or some specific PDF. If possible can you please share a sample file.
    3. Are you shown any error? can you provide a snapshot of the same.

Regards,
    Sandeep

8. Using Windows 10 Home Version 1909 OS Build 18363.657, when I have a PDF file or multiple PDF files open in Reader DC, and when I close the tab of a file and then try to do something with that file in Windows Explorer, such as rename or delete or move or change it any way, I cannot do so because Windows 10 thinks there is still a lock on the file and throws a pop-up dialog that says to "Close the file and try again." The only way I can get the lock released is by closing Reader DC…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Sorry for the issue that you are facing here.

Do you have Windows Explorer Preview turned on in your explorer window ? If yes, can you please try after switching the windows explorer off and see if that works fine ?
    Also Try to close the explorer window and then try and then try to do any operation on that file in a different exporer window
    Let me know further.

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

9. hello,
    I would like to make PDF docs from excel docs that contain hyperlinks in which the hyperlinks are automatically maintained within the PDF instead of having to manually add then back in after making the PDF.
    thank you, Jason

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Could you please make a spellcheck a feature!

We review PDF's frequently and I would love the ability to easily highlight spelling errors and send the file back to the user.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    I have forwarded the request to the higher management. Currently we don’t have any plan to implement it but we have kept it in our radar and will implement it in future release.
    Meanwhile to see spelling errors, open Edit PDF and click on inside each bounding box one by one to see if there is any error in each paragraph.

Please confirm if this resolves your issue.

Thanks
    Rachit

11. While the idea of 'star' documents available at anytime/anywhere is great in theory - it doesn't work. It times out - does not even work considering it was a recent file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Cloud Storage  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I receive this error message when I select File -> Compress PDF.

I currently have Adobe Acrobat Standard DC installed on a computer running Windows 10.

I have used this feature to compress numerous other PDFs made from documents that contain text and images. I'm not sure why this feature has found a problem with the images. It would be nice if the error message also included suggestions on how to fix the problem.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I cannot upgrade to a newer OS to see if this corrects my problem. Company IT controlled MacBook, licensed to use Creative Cloud. Acrobat DC is having issues opening simple low to medium resolution PDFs. Will just spin and not respond. Have to force quit and relaunch. I can't pinpoint the cause - happens if I have one file open or 10, happens if I add a comment or click on one, happens if I do nothing and just have a file open while working in other programs. I can't tell if it's because our company's system is Microsoft-based and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Acrobat Pro DC crashes intermittently at various points during my use of the program. I use it all day long at work, to review claim documents and invoices, and I have to run recognize text, highlight/edit things, and move throughout legal documents by scrolling or searching. It crashes when I try to do literally anything but not every single time. Whenever it crashes, it shows me the crash window twice (window comes up, I click close, it lags and closes the message box, then brings it back up-- every single time, I get the crash notice twice per crash, losing…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the issue that you are facing while using Adobe Acrobat.
    Could you please share the Crash dump when Acrobat crashes.

Steps to collect the crash dump :

When Acrobat crashes (If you get this error message “Adobe Acrobat DC has stopped working”)
    1. Open Windows Task Manager
    2. Got To Processes, there you can see a process “Adobe Acrobat DC” / Acrobat.exe
    3. Right Click on this process and click “Create Dump File”
    4. Dump file will be created in the Temp folder of user (as specified on the dialog you get after creating dump files).
    5. Save this DMP file on any Cloud Storage and Share the link for that with us.

We will try to analyze your issue on once you share this information with us.

Regards,
    Arvind

16. When converting, printing, or saving a document to PDF, Adobe Acrobat creates "white margins" on each conversion. To remove the extra margins you have to follow these steps for every document:

1. Open PDF in Acrobat
    2. Select More Tools
    3. Select Print Production
    4. Select Set Page Boxes
    5. Check Remove White Margins

This will remove the white margins created by Adobe and use the margins of the original document. I'm told from Adobe Support there isn't a way to permanently set a user preference to prevent adding white margins. Please enable this function as it is currently a pain to have to change…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When I open a PDF and then double click on the page, all pages rotate 90Deg. Why that and how to stop it?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us for your concerns.
    1) Could you please let me know the current version # of Acrobat that you are working on ?
    2) Is this issue with every PDF that you are trying on or is it specific to some PDF file. Can you please share any sample PDF.
    3) Can you share a Screen Video of the issue so that we have a clear picture when issue gets reproduced.

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

18. My acrobat crashes frequently when it tries to read/load the text and I lost all the opened Pdf files.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your issue with Acrobat. Please help me with the below details so that I can help you further.
    Are you facing this issue with every PDF ?

When Acrobat Crashes (If you get this error message “Adobe Acrobat DC has stopped working”) , Can you please share with us the Crash Logs.
    For Getting the Crash Logs:
    1. When Acrobat Crashes , Open Windows Task Manager , Got To Processes, There you can see a process Acrobat.exe / “Adobe Acrobat DC”

2. Right Click on this process and click “Create Dump File”
    3. Dump file will be created in the Temp folder of user (as specified on the dialog you get after creating dump files).
    4. Save this DMP file on any Cloud Storage and Share the link for that with us on mail.
    We will investigate the dumps provided by you on priority and…

19. We need to be able to save WCAG compliant, semantic HTML files (e.g. from Firefox) as PDF/UA, but Adobe PDF does not offer this option. Saving as PDF/A does not produce a tagged (UA) file.

Adobe's pdf print gadget should use the browser accessibility tree, and tag the PDF accordingly.

PDF/UA has been an ISO standard since 2012. WCAG 2.1 was finalized in 2019, and WCAG 2.x compliance is now mandatory for public sector procurements in North America, the EU and various other jurisdictions.

What on earth is going on with your accessibility roadmap, Adobe? Apart from Acrobat on Windows,…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I can't export anything to PDF format because it says "Adobe Acrobat license has either expired or not been activated. Try launching Adobe Acrobat."
    I've checked and my license has not expired and is activated. I've relaunched, logged out and signed in on Adobe Acrobat and it still shows the same pop up.
    It is extremely frustrating.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?