Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

721 results found

1. It would be nice if there was a hotkey or shortcut for signatures and/or initials. I love the functionality but there is a delay when I click on the signature drop down inside adobe pro. There is also a delay between the signature selection and dragging it into the right position. If there was a hotkey/shortcut, I could bind it to one of my mouse buttons and just press it when I have to initial or sign.

I do sign a lot of pdf documents and it would make it more pleasing if this was implemented.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Resolved  ·  12 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Dark Mode. Just flip the white to black and vica versa. Put the option in View-->Dark Mode

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    I understand your concern and we are working to make a better experience for our customer. I believe that this resolved your issue.

Feel free to contact us is there is any issue.

Thanks
    Rachit

3. How to reopen the last page which I was reading in case of power failure?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In the Tags pane, add a context menu item under New Tag titled Add Multiple tags. The dialog box would allow the user to select the type of tag to add and another input for the number of tags to add.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Adobe Reader reads dashes as "to" and not "dash." Not always accurate, my organization uses Figures denoted 3-1. this should be read "three dash one" not "three to one".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In previous versions the Ctrl+F box would appear and you would type your text and hit enter. When searching your next text using the Ctrl+F shortcut would automatically highlight the last search text so you could automatically start typing your new 'find' text. With the new update, it doesn't highlight the last search text, instead it puts the cursor at the end of your last text making you backspace the text or stop and click to highlight the text. This is a huge efficiency loss!! Please help!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone,

The issue has been fixed in the latest update of Adobe Acrobat and Reader (Version: 2019.012.20036). Please update your applications to the latest version and let us know if you’re facing any issues.

For getting the latest version of the application (Adobe Acrobat or Reader DC)

- Open the Adobe Acrobat or Reader DC application in your machine.
    – Click on the ‘Help’ menu in the application.
    – Click on ‘Check for Updates…’.
    – Update your application to the latest version and verify that the latest version is 2019.012.20036

For getting the version of the application (Adobe Acrobat or Reader DC)

- Open the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC application in your machine.
    – Click on the ‘Help’ menu in the application.
    – Click on ‘About Adobe Acrobat Reader DC…’.

Thanks
    Aakash, Adobe Acrobat DC Team

7. The Read Aloud Speed can be set i note settings. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to do anything. Support threads on this topic haven't been addressed by Adobe in years. Could we get this feature working?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. swedish adobe reader dc often stops with text 'Det uppstod ett problem med Adobe Acrobat/Reader Avsluta programmet och försök på nytt om det körs (0:521)'
    this is in a webapplication thet gets invoice pdfs from a webserver and present them inbedded in Internet explorer. next time on the same pdf works fine. it occurs when changing from one pdf to next.

Windows 10, IE 11

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When closing out of Adobe, please make it possible to disable File Lists window. If I'm closing a document and there's no others open, I would like to not have to close another window.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I am unable to review, edit or remove auto-fill suggestions in Adobe Acrobat, when trying to 'Fill & Sign' the form. I tried all possible options and auto-fill keeps popping up. It is showing some previous personal and sensitive content that needs to be removed. Your support agents say that's impossible. Is this even legal that users can't delete private content showing in the software?? I don't think so.
    I also tried turning it off: Edit>Prefrences>Forms>Auto-Complete>Off, but it's not working, it stays on. And I am unable to edit entry list too.
    Can this be sorted or I have to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

In order to delete the contents of the auto-fill, please follow the below steps :

• Go to https://cloud.acrobat.com/ and sign in with your credentials.
    • At the top right corner of the screen, you will see an dropdown with your username on it.
    • Click it and go to Settings.
    • Now you can either stop the auto fill suggestions by unchecking the “Suggest words….” checkbox or you simply press Clear All button and will clear all the auto fill entries which has been stored in your account.
    Please let me know in case of any concerns.
    Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

11. When opening/working with several documents, closing the wrong document causes stress to find that one document again in the Mac Finder/Windows Explorer/email application/…

My suggestion is to implement a 'recently closed'-button, similar as the Vivaldi or Opera browsers implemented. This way, all recently closed documents are nicely listed together with the current open documents. This makes retrieving recent actions more easily.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When is PDF Maker going to be available for Autocad 2017 and higher?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be nice to be able to search the preferences. ALL the Adobe products have over 20 organized "tabs" to find the settings you are looking for, but it still makes it too hard to find the settings you are looking for. You need to update this to be more like current software with a way to search for the settings, like Google Chrome or Vivaldi browsers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I built a fill-in form using a PDF template. Turns out the PDF displayed incorrectly for one of my users, so I created a replacement template PDF. When I switched it out, all my fill-in form fields significantly moved. Would love a feature that would allow the fields to be locked before replacing template. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. acrobat should have themes for viewing a pdf like all the other pdf readers. I have Xodo for windows 10 and reading a pdf on it is much preferred then acrobat. I can select dark mode and it turns the background of the pages to dark and I can read at night without eye strain.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    You should change the setting and reopen the document. I tried the same on few files and this is working fine.
    Moreover, we have taken you request for this and kept it in our radar. We’ll implement it in our future releases.

Thanks
    Rachit

16. As an admin, in need of an on demand usage report to show when user was first issued, first and last time license was used.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Accessibility Checker fails:
    Check boxes (Tagged form fields - Failed)
    Radio buttons (Tagged annotations - Failed)
    InDesign copy changes, Acrobat Reading order missing tags.

Using MacOS High Sierra V 10.13.6.
    Previous files, InDesign 2018 Export Adobe PDF Interactive Passed the checker. Same file open in newer version InDesign 2019 Export Adobe PDF Interactive fails.

Not sure if the problem is with Acrobat or Indesign. This is happening with all my files. If I take a new Indesign file with no interactive functions and create them in InDesign 2019 everything passes.

There is a bug somewhere!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It will be easier to use and user will get a wide angle while reading if u make the menu bar the toolbar the bookmarks menu and the right menu bar to disappear and be only visible when the pointer focus it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When I change the initial view to display the pages or bookmarks panel and click OK, I wish the program would automatically open the appropriate panel for me instead of having to do it myself. It's almost easier to close the file and re-open it than it is to go open the panel myself.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Can I use my leased Acrobat subscription on my cellphone? How would I go about that?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?