Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

598 results found

1. For years I experienced crashes when saving documents that had backgrounds graphics added in Acrobat. The bug was triggered by the fact, that my os language was english and my Acrobat language preferences were set to German. (see https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/39351328-program-crashes-while-saving-after-background-has)
    If you are experiences similar problems, make sure to set your program language to the same language as your OS.
    It's a very nasty and confusing problem. I hope it will be fixed in the future.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Sorry for the issue that you are facing while saving the PDF.
    Could you please share the Crash report that appears after Acrobat crashes for you on you Mac system ?

That’ll help us to triage this issue further.

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

2. What I’m looking for is a way to imbed the originating file name somewhere in the Meta data of the pdf for future reference. It would have nothing to do with the file name used for the PDF when exporting the original file. Use case: Often a client will rename a pdf and down the road I have to find the original Indesign file used to create that pdf.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When sending bills or other letters as PDF I add our company logo in the background of the document via Acrobat. Everything works as expected until I save. Then the program crashes every time. The file however emerges complete and intact after I restart Acrobat.

MacOS 10.13.6
    Acrobat PRO DC 2019.021.20061

• Export PDF via Save Dialog from MS Word (ver. 16.16.17)
    • Open PDF in Acrobat
    • Add Background (PDF File with Vector Graphic)
    • Save -> CRASH

I use the current version of Acrobat, but the issue has been persistent for years.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Sorry for the issue that you are facing while saving the PDF.
    Could you please share the Crash report that appears after Acrobat crashes for you on you Mac system ?

That’ll help us to triage this issue further.

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

4. There is no sign out of acrobat DC on the menu bar or in the drop down items.

Please add one.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us for your concerns.
    You can find the sign-Out button on the right most end of the Tab Bar in Acrobat by clicking on the Image icon for your account.
    Alternatively, you can find the sign out button under Help → Sign out.

Let me know if that still doesnt solve your concerns ?

-Ayush

5. I am working with Linde Engineering India (Linde AG) as Engineering consultant. Our daily routine job is to review various suppliers' documentation to meet the client requirement. Supplier submits the document which we review in .pdf using commenting tool. Previously we were using Acrobat 9 for this in Windows7. Now we are using Windows 10 for last more than 1 year and in that, we are only allowed to use Acrobat standard DC Version 2015.006.30033. In this Adobe Acrobat version, we are not able to edit the comments made by our peers / sub-ordinates before sending it back to Supplier

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,
    This is as per the current design, we will keep your feedback in mind.

Could you please let us know if you are unlocking comments one by one.
    Kindly take a note that you can unlock many/all comments in one go after selecting them in RHP.

Regards,
    Arvind

6. See attached for the screen grab of corrupted image.
    PowerPoint version 1902 / Office 365 / Windows 7
    I cancelled the Acrobat subscription due to this bug, so recreating the problem on my side will be difficult.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In Acrobat DC when attempting to combine files into single PDF and trying to select Illustrator files they are grayed out and cannot be selected. I have to drag them from the finder into Acrobat. This is a major pain and waste of time. Before the upgrade I could always select an AI file to add to a PDF. Now I never can, even when trying to replace a page with a new file. Illustrator and Acrobat are not talking to each other.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

Acrobat does not support conversion of AI files to PDF via the Combine functionality.
    Can you confirm that you are combining AI files or PDF files created from Illustrator?
    Also, do you have Illustrator installed on your system?

Thanks
    Tanvi

8. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I receive .ai and .pdf files via email from customers. I convert these files to .tif in Photoshop. Until sometime around the end of October, I would create multi page PDFs with Acrobat, as proofs. The .tifs are used as print files. Now I get this error box. "Adobe Acrobat could not open 'WFFTBRAB2019WineSignage11x17batch1Page01.tiff' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded)."
    Here is my case number: ADB-9772660-R1Y5 

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. After last update (Osx and CC 2020) there is no icon on the top of the opened documents frame in Acrobat. Usually, to speed the work, I export PDF from Indesign, automatically they open in Acrobat and I drag the icon to Skype. Loosing this ability I must find the document in the finder every time.
    Someone know if there is a solution to restore this function?
    Thank you

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for Reaching out to us.
    Please check the list of known issues here : https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/compatibility-with-macos-10-15-catalina.html

We also have a workaround for it to have it get re-Enabled.

Please use the plist file from here : https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A0f2d56db-9d37-442b-b6e1-bd7f26d88c36

Please Extract the zip and use as instructed on the helpx link.
    Let me know if that helps

Thanks
    Ayush

11. Acrobat extension 15.1.1.3 under Windows 10 is incompatible with chrome 78.0.3904.70. It causes the browser to be unable to work at all. It's not possible to fix any other way other than to downgrade Chrome. Even removing Acrobat has not effect. Somehow, the incompatible Acrobat extension leaves behind something that won't allow Chrome to work. Downgrading to earlier version of Chrome fixes this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I am told that it is not compatible and have to buy Adobe DC. Not happy. I am so tired of spending money on new computer programs. Everything worked just fine. Upgraded and now it wont even open. I refuse to buy new program.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When importing pages from other PDF's, any language identifiers associated with the individual accessibility tags should be imported. Currently the language tags are lost for the documents inserted. Adbobe Acrobat Pro and Adobe DC

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    I have shared your concern with Engineering team. Meanwhile Please share some sample documents via weblink which you are trying to combine so that we can fix it for you.

Thanks
    Rachit

14. When creating a binder using the > Combine Files function, all batch imported files should be clearly checked by default, with the option to uncheck individual files.

Alternatively: When clicking > Combine, the user could be notified:
    "It seems you have imported more files than are currently being combined. Is this right? (Tip: If you like to use all your imported files in this binder, please check all your imported files by doing X.) >Y/N

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When I merge several documents into a single PDF, recipients are telling me they are getting an error message that a file is corrupt. The merged documents consist of 3 MS Word documents, a single PowerPoint presentation, and 5 PDFs. We recently were upgraded to Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, Version 2019.012.20040. I didn't have this problem before. I've re-created the MS Word and PowerPoint documents and still no fix to the issue. Any suggestions?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

Please ensure that your Acrobat and Office are updated to latest version.
    Can you view the combined PDF correctly or are you also getting an error message?
    Please share the error message screenshot with us.

Thanks
    Tanvi

16. Please allow html to be created as clickable pdfs on a Mac. The documentation you provide says it can be done on Firefox but that is false. Wasted hours with your support folks before they said it can't be done.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Valeria,

Thanks for reaching out. We are really sorry for the inconvenience you are facing.
    As much as I understand from your post, you want to convert an HTML document to PDF from browser. It is unclear if the document is a locally saved HTML file or an online URL.

Unfortunately, local HTML files cannot be converted from browser as Acrobat browser extensions only work for online URLs. So you will have to use Acrobat Create PDF tool to convert the file.
    1. Launch Acrobat.
    2. Go to File→Create→PDF from Web Page.
    3. Click on “Browse” button and select the HTML file to be converted.
    4. Click Create.
    If the converted document is not proper (as mentioned by you), please share a sample HTML file with us so that we can check the issue.

If you want to convert an online URL, you can use Acrobat…

17. There is no facility for exporting pdf files to my LibreOffice file list

There must be a solution. Please advise

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be hugely beneficial to have seamless integration of the Snipping Tool and Adobe DC with one-click creation of a PDF from a screen shot or screen selection. For the purpose of this request I am using a Windows laptop with the full suite of Adobe Creative Cloud. I can already create PDFs with one-click from most other Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, PPT and Outlook, but having Adobe be able to handle screen shots and even combine/edit them without going through file/save/rename/export/save will be a great enhancement to Adobe DC which is already a great product.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Multiple Tab Visibility
    - please make the active tab a different color than the inactive tables;
    - please add a keyboard shortcut to swtich between tabs [ctrl-PgUp/PgDn]

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to concern.
    1) This is already implemented. The active tab already appears in a different color w.r.t the Rest of the Tabs. Please see the attached snapshot

2) This can be achieved using Ctrl+T and Shift+Ctrl+T to move ahead and back in tabs respectively.

Let me know if that helps.

-Ayush

20. We used to be able to drag MS Word documents into existing PDFs (in the thumbnail view), and the Word document would automatically be PDFed and combined with the existing PDF. This no longer works, and is causing certain tasks to take much longer than they used to.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?