Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

523 results found

1. Signature disappears, asks me to add a new one, when I add a new one, it asks me to choose between the old and the new. Then I choose the old one, but it still won't let me add it to the document!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for writing to us. Please try to follow the below steps :

1. Enter Fill and Sign app and then wait for 10 secs to make sure all network calls are complete.
    2. You can make your selection in case you observe the signature selection dialog.
    3. Try to place signature/initial.

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

2. I've used this tool for years and have turned to 3rd party vendors for better options. Adobe should step in and revamp this tool.

For me the issue with this tool is the processing features. I cannot add multiple folders containing multiple files and output aggregate PDF's that correspond to each folder. The same is true with more complex file/folder structures where I may wish to add and combine specific sub-folders from specific directories into aggregated PDF's.

Moreover, the file naming features could benefit from an upgrade in features. I'd like to have the option of renaming a new aggregate…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When I go to Save As PDF, I would like to be able to add my own frequently-used folders, even if they were not used recently. Maybe add them on the left side of the window? I save 99% of my PDF's to sub-folders in one of two master folders, so adding shortcuts to the two master folders on the Save As screen would be helpful.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

On "Add an Account". I can add a PDF file through public clouds (i.e., Dropbox, Google Drive, Sharepoint, etc).

What about private clouds (Synology, QNAP, etc). Many small businesses use these as essential tools to share files and access their documents.

Would kindly request that private NAS units -- or a user or businesses private cloud such as a Synology or QNAP cloud, be added the program. So users can get their PDF files from this private cloud.

Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for providing your feedback. We will share your request with the Engineering team and will let you know in case of any feedback.

Regards,
    Sandeep

5. In the PDF Maker plug-in for MS Office, add additional controls in the PDF Preference settings to make accessible PDFs:

Set the Display Title options to a drop-down menu with the choices of Document Title or File Name.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. There should be a way that you can drag/drop an email into Adobe so that it converts the email (Outlook) into a PDF, and ALSO converts and combines the attachments onto the PDF. The way I know to do this is extremely clunky and includes having to download each attachment separately to later have to use the combine feature to add each one.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Making a PDF from a Word (2016 or 2019) document on the Mac, I can't select job options AND get bookmarks and links. I use the ribbon tool, which offers two options: High Quality and Online (which, ominously, tells me it uses Microsoft servers... why??). High Quality (using, I guess, Distiller) won't make bookmarks or preserve links. Online makes bookmarks and preserves links, but resamples. I end up making both and copy/pasting graphics from the HQ PDF into the Online PDF. Ridiculous workaround.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I did NOT give consent for Adobe to save my signature into their cloud service!
    This feature of saving my signature outside my computer should NEVER be activated without my permission!
    Signing could and SHOULD be performed only locally by using local images and file, there is ABSOLUTELY NO NEED for using your cloud services.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for providing your feedback. This is an As Designed feature in order to provide you a seamless signing experience.

I will share this feedback with the team and will let you know in case we have any update.

Regards,
    Sandeep

9. Adobe fails to open files when a file path & name exceed MAX_PATH. Windows no longer has a hard path character limit if the LongPathsEnabled key is set in the registry. See https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/fileio/naming-a-file#maximum-path-length-limitation

Modern applications are adopting this new standard with the mentioned file management hooks provided by the OS.

Adobe is falling behind in this regard. Please add proper Long Path support.

113 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Rather than re-ordering and re-arranging pdfs within a combined file, I would like to be able to determine the order files are compiled. This can be by file title (alphabetically) or others. Right now when I combine several files into one pdf, they are scrambled out of order and I have to rearrange manually which can be cumbersome for larger compilations.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. What if you didn't make your product worse for no reason. Like what if when I clicked Fill Forms it did what it used to do, which was let me actually click on the PDF and write things in.

Instead, now clicking on the button pops up a GIANT ******** HUGE SCREEN BLOCK prompt with two options on it, one that lets me use the feature, and the other that brings me to a completely different feature.

If you want to add another feature, add another tool, so that I can ignore it, instead of making literally every time I…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. We have raised your concern to the engineering team and we will get back to you once we have an update.

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

12. I am not sure why there is now a screen after I press the fill & sign button that asks who needs to fill and sign first, but it is just 1 more step, one more click I have to make before signing each document I open - very inconvenient. This extra step also seems to slow down the time it takes adobe to open and prepare my document for any sort of editing.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

Fill and Sign and Adobe Sign (formerly known as Send for Signature) are now consolidated into a single Sign tool where you can either fill & sign a document or get a document signed from others. It includes a simplified experience that asks you who needs to fill and sign first: you or others and then walks you through the steps to complete the task. It’s the one place for all your form filling and signature needs. For detailed information, you may refer to the article What’s new in Adobe Acrobat DC

This is designed behavior, I will check with the team and will share an update soon.

Thanks for your time and patience on this.

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

13. This issue of InDesign and Acrobat incompatibility in regards to Acrobat displaying all spans even when the Reading Order is correct has been around for over two years. We deserve to know what Adobe is doing about it.

Acrobat Team acknowledges the problem and blames InDesign:

"It's actually not an Acrobat issue, it's an issue with InDesign and how it's generating the Content that Acrobat is displaying correctly"

https://forums.adobe.com/message/10005333#10005333

InDesign Team acknowledges the problem and blames Acrobat:

"You'd have to talk to the Acrobat team about why they display in the Tags panel the way they do." - Adobe
    https://forums.adobe.com/message/10225230#10225230

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I have a document with 3 pages. Two pages have landscape orientation and the last one has portrait orientation. It is not possible to sign the last page on the bottom of the page. The signature (with a picture) vanishes after closing the fill&sign tool. It reappears after opening the tool again, but anyway it is not visible in the resulting pdf-file. No matter if I use the PDF-Export of Excel or if I use the PDF Add-In of Acrobat in MS Office to create the PDF.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. If I create a fillable field in a form with mulit-lines, I can center the text horizontally in the field but not vertically. It would be great to add this as a feature.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

I have forwarded your request to engineering. It will be picked up after prioritization. We will contact you if we need some more information on this.
    Thank you for your patience

16. Acrobat 11 had a feature that showed the number of pages in each document being combined. Acrobat DC has it but you must hover over the document to see it.

I often combine 100 pdfs together to make one document. I need each file to have even pages so that they print correctly and each section starts on a left hand page. In Acrobat 11 I could read at a glance which sections needed an extra page. It now takes 15 to 20 minutes to hover over each pdf (there are 100 of them) to see if they have even…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We are an enterprise customer with over 1,000 Adobe users.
    I would like our users to be able to create animated presentations using InDesign rather than PowerPoint and export the content as an interactive PDF. Currently this can't be done, you can output the animation using Publish Online, which outputs a URL, which isn't secure or in a format we would want, not everyone wants to view presentations on the web, most of our presentations our confidential!

I can't express enough how useful it would be to be able to export the animation to interactive PDF. We could move the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

Thanks for your feature request. This would be more applicable for InDesign team so would request you to log it under InDesign forum.
    However, we have also added it in our backlog which will be prioritized based on other items.

Thanks
    Tanvi

18. When I start using the "Fill and Sign" function, it shuts down. Nothing gets saved either. It keeps happening. I tried to download my document, re-download the document, printed and scanned the document, and it is still doing it. I tried all of the fixes that were listed on the website and then restarted the computer and nothing was fixed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We recently made some fixes in Fill and Sign area. I request you to please update your application to the latest version by going to Help > Check for Updates.

Please let us know if you are still able to observe the crash on the latest build.

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

19. I am unable to veiw any pdf links that I have shared, is there an estimated time this issue will be fixed?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Acrobat Pro used to be seamless, easy to use and efficiently laid out. Now it looks like some child's puzzle game where you have to access numerous screens to accomplish what you used to be able to do from ONE PLACE.
    Maddening, dumb redesign that apparently was done for what? Tablet use? Why ruin something many of us use in professional settings so students and casual users can play around with their school prom flyer on mom's ipad?
    It is ugly and not at all intuitive. Clearly the project team didn't have anyone with institutional knowledge involved.

178 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 26 27
  • Don't see your idea?