Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

145 results found

1. I must click the blue "Learn More' button on Acrobat's lower right hand corner at least 20x a day!!!!!! I don't ever need to use this, but always need to access the sidebar panel of tools, for which I'm constantly dragging at that bottom right corner to open the window wider, etc. - which auto launches Adobe's website — please for the love of sanity — remove this annoying button that links me to Adobe's website so I can "Learn about my CC plan." If I want to learn about it, I'll log into my account.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion. We have notified our engineering for the same. We shall get in touch with you incase we need more information.

Thank you for the patience

2. Please give us an option to turn off the entire "Recent..." page. My company does not allow us to use Cloud services and we open multiple versions of the same pdf on various drives and the list just gets confusing.We only create pdfs from other applications and don't need a home screen.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion. We have notified our engineering for the same. We shall get in touch with you incase we need more information.

3. I do not like that the previous page and the next page buttons shift left to right as you change pages. I was trying to go 5 Pages down but when I hit the next page button it shifted and put the previous page under my arrow and vice versa. It took a moment to realize I was going back and forth to the same pages.
    please make the tool bar stay solid.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion. We have notified our engineering for the same. We shall get in touch with you in case we need more information.

Thank you for your patience

4. I want to be able to hide the Tool Pane in Acrobat Pro 2017 so it is not there when I open a document. Please make that option available

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please consider adding Thai language support for both interface and OCR. It would be better if both the app and OCR is available in Thai.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please change the acrobat icon back... the new one looks weird.
    I have had some people asking about it and saying they can't find their pdfs or that some strange app has taken over their pdf file association.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Multiple-page view with more than 2 horizontal pages.

2. Desired feature has the option for any number of horizontal page-view with scrolling option as well as fixed display option. By zooming in and out the pages would automatically fill up the sides of the screen and adjust the number of column and raws of pages in the screen for scrolling. User could as well select any number of horizontal pages that are (higher than 2) in the display tool in the toolbar.

Currently Adobe does not have an option that allows to display more than 2 pages side by side. When…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion. We have notified our engineering for the same. We shall get in touch with you in case we need more information.

7. Trying to send a file for signature. Presents an Upgrade button. When clicked, a Start Now button is presented which cycles back to the Upgrade button. Help!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are closing the issue due to no further communication from the user end. Please feel free to report any issues you find.

8. Whether Acrobat Reader Acrobat DC or Professional, it should have the feature to restore all the tabs! It reduces the need to open the files again! I am very frustrated to reopen again and again all the documents or files. I always work for longer duration on particular pdf files. Please add this feature. Thank you in advance.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Should have just make some tweeks to older version. This is like learning an entirely new software. Developers need to leave well enough alone!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please give me back the stand alone program I can buy and install on my PC.

DC hangs more than it works. I really do dislike it. I keep going back to my old PC so I can work with the installed version 10 It works, first time every time!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Currently layers list as one group when created with AutoCad. Microstation will create a layer hierarchy with referenced files.

The ability to group layers from within Acrobat would be very useful, a drag and drop facility like the method for bookmarks would make this an infinitely more useful file.

Also, the ability to manipulate more than one layer at a time. Currently setting a default state needs to be applied individually. To be able to apply states across multiple layers, ie on and off or default state would be an enormous time saver.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Thanks for making Pro DC so much different from the previous version that I find it impossible to do anything with the new Pro productively

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please create the ability to AUTOMATE EMBEDDED indexing in Acrobat.
    Currently embedded indexes are done manually through a laborious 5-step point and click process. We use these extensively and would like a way to create them automatically - similarly to the way the multi-file site indexes can be built with a .bpdx file.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please bring back the old format. It was user friendly and had better features. This is chaotic and I just want to disconnect

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please go back to the previous pdf icon. The new one, simple red outline with white box, is so ugly. I thought something was wrong because it just doesn't look right--as if going backward or indicative of a glitch. There are forums out there where people are looking for ideas to change it back and others are asking if something is wrong because of the new, oversimplified look.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. The compare PDF feature does not work correctly for comparing two PDFs in which the only changes were edits to a table in InDesign. Almost every element on the newer PDF has been flagged as changed. The flagged notes show that Acrobat is comparing the wrong components to one another.

The two compared PDFs originated from the same InDesign file, and created with the same PDF presets.

Compare settings were tested set to both "autodetect" and "reports, spreadsheets, magazine layouts"; Show in report set to "Text" only.

1. Original PDF created. Dates changed in a table; new PDF generated using same…
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Need an option in acrobat pro to compare multiple files at a single click.(batch processing) for eg. if we have two folders with multiple pdfs, having same file name, we should be able to compare the files in these folders and save to different folder.

or you can provide the Jscript option

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please make the scrolling FASTER. I'm so use to reading PDFs on Chrome extension now that I'm use to the fast mouse wheel scroll for vertical scrolling. When I open in Acrobat, it's so painful how slow the vertical scroll is. I feel like I have to scroll twice as much with mouse scroll wheel as I do in any other program. Please, please change this.

Also, yes I have continuous page and enable scrolling on.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?