Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

115 results found

1. With the newest update, F2 (used universally for renaming across every other PC/Windows program/functionality) was changed to a help function that brings up an Adobe Internet help site.

F1 is used universally for help, and no one needs that much access to Adobe help pages.

F2 should be returned to renaming. Ctrl-F2 is a ridiculous and difficult change for renaming and it's the worst idea ever.

I remediate hundreds of PDFs for accessibility, and having to make a more complicated keystroke to rename tags is a huge problem.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Resolved  ·  6 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Like ALL other pro Adobe apps we use, please give users the ability to customize keyboard shortcuts! Thank you.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  19 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Create 508 compliant PDF documents frequently that need to be passed. These documents more than not have several lengthy tables. These documents also come from different people using different software and versions. And more than not these tables need to be rebuilt. Would love to have the option to create tables in the Tags sidebar from scratch where you can at the same time specify how many TR, TH, and TD and in a certain order. Right now I can only add them one at a time. Also, if there is a way to remove the hard setup of tables.…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please change the way Adobe Acrobat does the reading order so that the tags in the tags pane will automatically correspond to the order in the Touch- up reading order pane.
    Also please make it easier to tag links - when I try to tag links it doesn't work right. Please consider creating a version of Adobe Acrobat that makes it easy to comply with Section 508 as described at Section508.gov. Dealing with the tags pane is a nightmare and also the unmarked annotations issue and other issues are a nightmare and don't fix easily. Please make this easier to…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Acrobat's new Autotag utility re-tags the entire document.

Sometimes most of the PDF is fine and I just need to correct one page or a portion of content that I've selected.

But we can't do that: right now, it's all or nothing.

Give us the option to autotag the entire document, a single page, or the content we have selected with our cursor. Keep the other tags that are already in the PDF.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Why would I need a dialogue box to tell me it's preparing and ready?? JUST DO IT! I don't need 15 dialogue boxes for each document open telling me about it. It's a background task; it should be in the background. This is so painfully obvious I can't understand why this dialogue box exists or why it doesn't disappear when ready instead of forcing itself on top and in the way.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be a HUGE improvement for the work I do if the reading order also could be changed by typing the order numbers in the order list. The reading order list can be very long sometimes, with endless, tedious drag and drops on each page as it is now.
    It is also annoying that the list jumps back to the top each time you re-order the list.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  3 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We need a way to setup adobe Pro to automatically utilize the accessbility scanner when saving a doc to become more ADA compliant.

Out of the box, this should be a feature we can turn on.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    You can check the Accessibility of a pdf by running the Run Accessibility Check feature in Accessibility App.
    Also we have kept this request in a radar and will try to provide the support in future.

Please check out latest features on Acrobat Pro DC.

Thanks
    Rachit

9. Both, Acrobat DC and Reader DC ignore the "General preferences > Use Single Key Accelerators To Access Tools" settings.

Although I checked this option, whenever I open a PDF document, acceleration keys (e.g. "H" or "D" for changing the selection mode) don't work.

Deselecting and selecting this option in General Preferences temporarily enables this feature, but both programs "forget" this setting the next time one of them is getting launched.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

HI David,
    We tried on our side on the latest build. It is fixed on our side. Please update on the latest build.
    Although the issue faced by you may be because you have not turned off Protected View, Please turn it off and you won’t be facing the issue anymore.

Thanks
    Rachir

10. Working with tagging of PDF documents for accessibility purposes, with a lot of them being nearly identical to each other or within a document there are repeated patterns, it takes a long time and a tidious task to create tags individually. It would be a very neat if it were possible to Copy/Paste the (selected) tag strutucture within the Tags-panel (excluding any actual content they may contain)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We received this document from a vendor and it wasn't tagged for accessibility. I went through page by page, adding figure alternative text, table summaries, and tagged H1 through H3 headings. Then using Adobe's book mark tool I auto-generated the bookmarks based on the H1-3 heading tags.

I sent this document to our 508C consultant who is blind. He used NVDA and JAWS to read the document. He found all of the alt text for figures but could not see the H1-3 tags nor could he see any of the tables or table summaries.

I double checked the document using…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 2 years ago, Adobe programmed that the Tags panel would have Undo. That was very helpful.

But we also need to Undo in the Order and Contents panels, too.

When remediating PDFs to meet accessibility guidelines and laws, people work in the Order and Content panels, too, not just in the Tags panel. As in any workflow, we sometimes need to undo what we just did.

Right now, we must revert to the previously saved version which might go back too far and not be helpful at all.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Although tagging Arabic content shows in Acrobat, however it doesn't display correctly in Tags panel, neither Content panel displays Arabic content properly, nor the Order panel.
    "Read Out Loud" feature pronounce each Arabic character independently which drives a listener mad, I'm afraid.

I posted my findings on Adobe Acrobat forums, I wish you have the time to view.
    https://forums.adobe.com/message/10060292#10060292

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Vivek Chandra responded

Great to know that Zaid. Let us know if you need any other help. :)

Regards
    Vivek

14. Why doesn't Adobe set the default initial view magnification setting to "fit page" so a viewer can see an entire document upon initial view? As a seasoned graphic designer, I believe it is much more courteous to allow the viewer to orient themselves to an entire document and then allow then to zoom in for more detail. It is disconcerting to see a partial document when opening a PDF file. Adobe is a leader in accessibility standards and I wondered if you had insight into this topic, I don't see a recommended initial view magnification in the WCAG 2.0 AA…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Link Alternative text is not accessible -- the latest version of Acrobat is not creating an /Alt entry in the Tag Element when you add alternative text using the Link Alternative text box. Therefore, alternative text added with version 2023.003.20215 Acrobat DC Pro will not be read by a screen reader or other AT. Previous versions of Acrobat created an /Alt entry in the Tag Element when Alternative text was added to a Link Tag. This version does not.
    What is the purpose of providing an Alternate Description for Links field if it will not be accessible to AT? If…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue. This is fixed in the latest update of Acrobat Pro DC. Please update to the latest version and check. 

Incase you face any issue, please connect with us.

Thanks

Rachit

16. I am just updating my resume to be more accessible to vision impaired. I am having trouble with some items running together in read-aloud.

In Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

My favoured option would be that we have the option to insert a <pause> object in the reading order.

If this is not possible, can you change Read-Aloud to pause between elements.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Since I haven’t heard from you, I believe the issue is resolved on your side.
    Please connect with us incase you need any help. Also please checkout the latest features by updating to the latest version.

Thanks
    Rachit

17. Please switch off "Please wait while the document is being prepared" displayed each time I open a document. This feature is necessary only for selected users and hampers very much typical program use.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Since the issue is resolved for you, I believe we can close on this now. Also, we would try to improve the experience for you on your suggestions in the coming future.
    Please feel free to contact us in case of any issue.

Thanks
    Rachit

18. The latest version of InDesign exports PDF's in which most all the tagged content is in an Xobject container, making accessibility remediation MUCH MORE DIFFICULT. This is a huge step backwards. Attached are two examples, from the same client, annual reports- last year's was fine, this year's has all the xobject issues. Please advise, help, fix, something!!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Version is compatible only with few fonts.Eg when I download tata mutual fund statement it shows in proper english in other apps..Where as in this app it shows me Portuguese and alignment is completely rubbishy....Never faced such type of issue earlier

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Dark Mode. Just flip the white to black and vica versa. Put the option in View-->Dark Mode

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    I understand your concern and we are working to make a better experience for our customer. I believe that this resolved your issue.

Feel free to contact us is there is any issue.

Thanks
    Rachit

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?