Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

15 results found

1. The process to make a PDF accessible is overly complicated and buggy. Usually while doing this, something will go wrong and the only way to fix it is to close the document, open it again, do the same process and hope it works. This process should be as simplistic as possible so everything can be accessible.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Joel,
    We are always working to make it a better of experience for our accessibility customers.
    We’ll be adding the support of Undo/Redo in order panels and Reading Order Tool in our coming releases.
    Can you please tell me why you need the Tags Panel and Reading Order to be merged.

Thanks
    Rachit.

2. We are continually getting issues with compliance and the Adobe PDF Checker is not being stringent enough. We have created PDFs that are given a clear bill of health using the Adobe checker but our web team use the PAC3 app to verify and they fail on many levels. We would like Adobe to improve the checker to a similar standard so it then complies with legislation for public service bodies in the United Kingdom. Also, as we use Macs most other checkers are PC only so a level playing field would be immensely helpful. Thanks.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hyperlinks that span more than one line create multiple OBJR tags.
    Reproduce: Create file in InDesign with links that span more than one line. Export to PDF/open with Acrobat. Find tag. Link will have two OBJR tags (or more if the link spans more than two lines). This is a bad experience for users of assistive technologies.
    Sometimes manually fixing tags (deleting old links and creating new OBJR tag) isn't sufficient and designer has to resort to editing in the content pane or even using the Actual Text override to get the link to be read by assistive technology properly.…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I am disappointed that your company has decided to remove the read allowed option. As a dyslexic masters graduate who is now studying for a degree in a different subject you are actively discriminating against people with protected disabilities. I am very angry and upset by you discrimination and prejudice because you have a monopoly in the market place. You are using peoples disabilities to make money so they have to buy an advanced product. I hope that the media runs a story about this and your disregard for legislation concerning disabilities. I feel upset and angry at your biased…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Caroline,
    Thank you for connecting with us. Can you please tell me where are you not able to use Read Out Loud.
    Read Out Loud functionality is still available and is in use. There is not decision to remove it.
    Please share the steps and the OS details where you are facing this issue.

Please update to latest version to have the latest features.

Thanks
    Rachit

5. When you manually check something like navigation links and click pass manually in the accessibility checker, it reverts back to needs manual check when you reopen the saved pdf. What is the point of allowing a manual check if you can't make it stick in the checker report?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Not only is the DC interface confusing and more time-consuming to use than the old one, but it does not comply with Section 508 of the Americans With Disability Act, which requires that the federal government, in its software procurement process, consider accessibility. Adobe Acrobat does not take into account the needs of users who rely on voice recognition software to accomplish actions that fully abled users accomplish with the mouse. When using voice recognition software, it is quick and easy to dictate a shortcut key or sequence of shortcut keys, but extremely slow, cumbersome and error-prone to get the…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Why can't I change the speed of the Read aloud just because I am dyslexic does not mean that I need to have have the material read so slowly.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Thank you for connecting with us. Please follow the below steps to change the speed of Read Out Loud:
    1. Go to Preferences. (Ctrl + K)
    2. Go to Reading in Left hand navigation bar
    3. Under Read Out Loud Options heading, Uncheck Use default speech attributes and enter the speed in Words per minute field between 50 to 450.
    4. Click Ok and use Read Out Loud

Similarly you can change other attributes as well. Please confirm if this resolves your issue.

Thanks
    Rachit

8. The text reader in MacOS is not a typical screen reader, but it does provide easy, fast access to spoken content from on-screen text. Unfortunately, it does not work with Adobe Acrobat. Ideally, it would speak selected text with a keyboard shortcut, but only reads the document name in Adobe Acrobat. The Acrobat screen reader is difficult to use, does not read selected text, and often fails due to pdf accessibility issues.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Within Adobe Acrobat there are options to Create a Portfolio of documents or to use the Attachment feature to create a group of documents. While keyboard shortcuts allow you to browse some of the menus, get to the document list, and select a document from the list. However, there is not a keyboard short cut to read the document in the view or to access the Open Document link. It seems to be only available through mouse selection.

This places users of these features at risk because the end user can't access the document to read it using only keyboard…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    As I can see, the issue is related to keyboard keys, Please follow the below controls to access the Open Document link.
    Use tab to click on Attachment in Left Hand Pane. Press tab multiple times to bring the focus on the Option menu. Click Enter and Use arrow keys to navigate inside Options menu items. This resolves your access to Open Document Link.

Secondly, Use Ctrl+Shift+Y and then Ctrl+Shift+V/B to read the document using Read out loud feature. You can alternatively see it in View Menu → Read Out Loud → Click Activate ROL → Click Read this page/ end of the document.

Please confirm if this resolves your issue.

Thanks
    Rachit

10. When performing Acrobat remediation on Indesign publications containing correct export tagging, the Acrobat Reading Order tool shows "P" tags at the end of each line of text (as well as additional "P" tags in the middle of lines). The Acrobat Tags panel shows no paragraph tags -- just broken up lines of text.

Fortunately, these broken up lines are not reproduced as such by the screen reader. So why does Acrobat identify each line of text with a "P" in the first place?

This issue needs to be fixed as it creates a dilemma and lot of unnecessary remediation work…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    I checked it on my side and this is because Indesign create tags in such a way that it contains multiple line text. The Reading Order tool shows the separate container due to multi line text. It can be seen as single if you check “Display like elements in single block” checkbox.

For the multiline text, the issue will be fixed from Indesign side.

Please tell me if I can help you with anything else.

Thanks
    Rachit

11. Microsoft Word 365 has an immersive reader where the text is read out loud while panning and highlighting the text being read with options such as WPM adjustment. Trying to use the Read Out Loud function in Adobe Acrobat Reader is painful. It is hard to find, the synthetic voice is unpleasant and disruptive, and overall the accessibility for this feature seems to be the bare minimum. PDF's are the format of choice for scientific papers, which are rather dry reading material. An option to listen, following along while reading would greatly increase the efficacy of this program. I've personally…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    I understand the issue faced by you here. I can help you with some of the functionalities fo ROL.
    1. Finding ROL : It can be found in View Menu → ROL → Activate ROL – > Read the document. Alternatively, you can use keyboard shortcut also i.e. Ctrl+Shift+Y(activate) then, Ctrl+Shift+V/B (read the document)

2. Secondly to change the voice you can install the voices from the system language setting and they will appear in Adobe Preferences → Reading → Under ROL setting. You can change it as per your convenience. You can also change Speed, Pitch go the ROL as well.

Having said that, we understand that the ROL is not a screen reader but a support given by the Adobe for reading the pdfs. We’re continuously working on this to make it better for our users.

I hope I have resolved the issues faced by you.

12. Link Alternative text disappears when opening in Older version of Adobe acrobat. In current version of adobe acrobat (23.003.20215), While adding alternative text for link in the new version & open the same document in older version it will automatically removes the alternative text and also commonlook shows error in new version as alt text not added. Since there is no alt text showing in Edit Tag in Properties of the tag.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Have had problem with several files becoming corrupted by using Reflow View. Two things happen:
    1. Some pages get "stuck" in reflow even after closing and reopening the file.

2. The format of some pages changes to Portrait or other design changes occur.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Rae,
    I checked the details provided by you. There is no issue here. If you open the original file and click on Actual Size in menu, you will see the same exact view that you see after reflow. The view is actually shown in actual size after reflow.
    Keep the view in Zoom to Page Level to see the full page view.

Please confirm if this resolves your concerns.

Thanks
    Rachit

14. I want to report a bug in the read-out loud feature of Acrobat Pro DC. I’m using a Mac (Mojave), and I have already set its accessibilty options to my favorite system voice and speaking rate. I thought I’d have a PDF doc read out aloud while I work on some graphics. The default voice was meh-next-to-terrible, so I looked under preferences for an option to change voice. I found it and was happy to find a long list of available voices, including the ones I already have installed on my computer. So I selected my favorite voice and tried…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Thank you for connecting with us. I understand your concern here. Currently we have to select the voice from Preferences and then check the voice on pdf.
    Also we have kept this request in our radar. We currently do not have any plan to implement it but you may see it in future releases.

Thanks
    Rachit

15. If you are looking at a text you should be able to highlight a part of the text it should send you to the website that they got the idea from. While your writing a text instead of putting in a bibliography you should highlight your text and reference it there.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?