Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Accessible PDF's accessible.

The process to make a PDF accessible is overly complicated and buggy. Usually while doing this, something will go wrong and the only way to fix it is to close the document, open it again, do the same process and hope it works. This process should be as simplistic as possible so everything can be accessible.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

22 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Joel,
    We are always working to make it a better of experience for our accessibility customers.
    We’ll be adding the support of Undo/Redo in order panels and Reading Order Tool in our coming releases.
    Can you please tell me why you need the Tags Panel and Reading Order to be merged.

Thanks
    Rachit.

2. Bug - PDF Tag Panel does not match Reading Order Tool by marking all Tags as Span

This issue of InDesign and Acrobat incompatibility in regards to Acrobat displaying all spans even when the Reading Order is correct has been around for over two years. We deserve to know what Adobe is doing about it.

Acrobat Team acknowledges the problem and blames InDesign:

"It's actually not an Acrobat issue, it's an issue with InDesign and how it's generating the Content that Acrobat is displaying correctly"

https://forums.adobe.com/message/10005333#10005333

InDesign Team acknowledges the problem and blames Acrobat:

"You'd have to talk to the Acrobat team about why they display in the Tags panel the way they do." - Adobe
    https://forums.adobe.com/message/10225230#10225230

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Accessibility Requests!!!

Feature Requests / Bug Reports for the Accessibility features in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (Version 2018.011.20063) on Windows 7 Professional.

For the Tags panel:
    1. Option to create Lists <L> tags with a set number of List Items <LI> tags instead of one at a time. Time wasted creating one at time.
    2. Option to created tables <Tables> tags with a set number of Rows <TR> tags instead of one at a time. Time wasted creating one at time.
    3. Stop forcing all the Tags folders to all be opened when opening a PDF file! Not…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Losing german äüö (Umlauts) and letters in the Structure Tree when using "Add Tags to Document" in Adobe Acrobat DC

1. Brief Title

Losing german äüö (Umlauts) and letters in the Structure Tree when using "Add Tags to Document" in Adobe Acrobat DC (previous operation Number ADB-3207012-T1M7) German Language Problem?

1. Steps to reproduce the issue

Export a text document with german words that contain german umlauts (äöü), e.G.: "für, können, öfter, mögen" as a PDF without tags from InDesign or Word
    Open the file in Acrobat DC
    Go to "Tags" and open the little menu and choose "Add Tags to Document"
    After the Structure Tree was created — save and close
    when you open the document again in Acrobat DC and…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  9 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Accessibility Checker to check at WCAG in line with PAC3 App checker

We are continually getting issues with compliance and the Adobe PDF Checker is not being stringent enough. We have created PDFs that are given a clear bill of health using the Adobe checker but our web team use the PAC3 app to verify and they fail on many levels. We would like Adobe to improve the checker to a similar standard so it then complies with legislation for public service bodies in the United Kingdom. Also, as we use Macs most other checkers are PC only so a level playing field would be immensely helpful. Thanks.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Invert colours on images embedded in pdf files.

Invert colours on images embedded in pdf files.

Hi

I'm visually impaired. I find anything with a white background unreadable.

I can change text and text background colours to make text readable but I cannot find a method to change colours used in images embedded in pdf files.

Please can you add an accessibility option to invert colours in embedded images so black becomes white and white becomes black. NB. All colours will need to be inverted not just black and white.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bug: Accessibility tool making text disappear

The "Make Accessible" tool is making text disappear in the document. Working in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, 2015.006.30505. I opened the document, clicked on Tools, then Action Wizard, then Make Assessible. First fopur steps worked fine, but after runnuing the Document Pass and the Alt Text detection, text went missing in numerous places in the document. This is the fourth time this has happened. Look at the header on the first page.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Link to a specific page in a PDF on my filesystem

Create external links to specific pages in PDF files on my file system, such that directory shortcuts or external links from other programs can be made.
    For example, individual external links to bookmarks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hyperlinks Spanning Multiple Lines

Hyperlinks that span more than one line create multiple OBJR tags.
    Reproduce: Create file in InDesign with links that span more than one line. Export to PDF/open with Acrobat. Find tag. Link will have two OBJR tags (or more if the link spans more than two lines). This is a bad experience for users of assistive technologies.
    Sometimes manually fixing tags (deleting old links and creating new OBJR tag) isn't sufficient and designer has to resort to editing in the content pane or even using the Actual Text override to get the link to be read by assistive technology properly. …

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Acrobat crashes when copying text

Acrobat crashes when copying text -- no error message appears, application just closes. Document is fairly large (~1000 pages), created in Adobe FrameMaker. Acrobat only crashes if document is tagged -- if all tagging is removed, we are able to copy text easily.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bug: “Create Contents item for link annotation” fix fails!

If we create a tagged PDF from InDesign, the contents item for hyperlinks is missing. This can be fixed with Acrobats single preflight fix: Create Contents Item For Link Annotations.

However, this broke already in 2019 and still is broken in 2020!
    In 2018 it works in one go.

In 2019 and 2020 we have to run it is many as five times before it is actualy applied!

We save the document each time under a different name, sometimes the third time we run the fix it sticks, sometimes after five times, sometimes not at all.

Now we heard this…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bug: Autotag distorts page and reorders images

Start with a PDF with scanned image(s) and some transparent text, then do Autotag. The Autoag seems to change the Z order of the images and the page now looks distorted.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Thanks for contacting us. The Autotag feature detects the content from the scanned document and then tag it accordingly.
    I have shared your concern with the engineering team. I’ll update you once I get a response on this.

Thanks
    Rachit

13. Acrobat Reader for Mac does not expose an Accessibility Tree to VoiceOver

Acrobat for Windows reads tagged PDF (aka PDF/UA) files and exposes an accessibility tree to assistive tech such as NVDA, Narrator, JAWS etc.

Acrobat for Mac does not do this. (And neither does Preview, or Safari). This means that the 'portable' document format is not accessible to Mac screen reader users at all. You can get the text nodes, but none of the semantic tags are respected.

Why is there such a discrepancy between accessibility support on the Mac vs. Windows versions of Acrobat Reader?
    That's not what 'portable' means! Please address this as soon as possible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Accessibility Checker to check at WCAG in line with PAC3 App checker

We are continually getting issues with compliance and the Adobe PDF Checker is not being stringent enough. We have created PDFs that are given a clear bill of health using the Adobe checker but our web team use the PAC3 app to verify and they fail on many levels. We would like Adobe to improve the checker to a similar standard so it then complies with legislation for public service bodies in the United Kingdom. Also, as we use Macs most other checkers are PC only so a level playing field would be immensely helpful. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Thanks for contacting us. Can you please provide some sample files with the PAC3 checker results so that we can check the difference and proceed accordingly.

Thanks
    Rachit

15. Reading of Table contents

Hi Team
    Please include with Table Control, the option of reading table header with each column value so that it can become easy for person who is trying to understand the contents read
    Also it would be better if user can read a hidden column

Thanks and Regards,
    Manoj Prithiani

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Manoj,
    Thank you for contacting us. I would request you to please tell me which tool are you using for reading the document.

You can read the Table contents with Screen readers like JAWS/NVDA which uses the content structure to define the Table Cell and headers.

Please try it out and tell if this helps you.

Thanks
    Rachit

16. Better labeling of Action Wizard Controls for screen reader users

I am encountering problems with poorly labeled controls in the Acrobat DC Action Wizard. As a blind screen reader user, I would greatly appreciate anything you can do to improve the control labels that are spoken by screen readers. I am using the JAWS 2020 screen reader with Acrobat DC version 20.006.20042.
    The issues I have encountered:

1. Some of the button control labels are unclear and it is difficult to determine which control has focus. For example, when adding a Watermark, the button to add the watermark is spoken as “Add”. If I press “space” to select this option, another…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    I checked the issues after your response.

For point 2, the behaviour is as designed. It seems that the user have to select the option as the default selected item is the last added item in RHP and if no addition is done, then none of the option is selected. Further, I’m not able to hear “AV container View” with controls. I’ve informed the engineering team regarding this.

For point 3, I have raised the issues with engineering team and hopefully it will be fixed in future release.

Thanks
    Rachit

17. Bug (Accessibility): Link and bullet issues after export from InDesign

I'm having an accessibility issue that may be a bug with Acrobat or InDesign, or a combination of both. I have a single page of show notes for a podcast. Paragraph styles are used, export tagging is set, and order is laid out in the articles pannel. Upon export and listening with the NVDA screen reader, the reading order is correct, but the bulleted list of links is just read as "bullet, bullet, bullet, etc." without the accompanying text, and the links are skipped. You can tab through the links, but instead of identifying the object as a link, and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. How do I save a doc?

How do I save a doc?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)