Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Selectthe feedback forum for your product.
  • Browseideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • Ifyour feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Extract Pages - WITHOUT thumbnail view!

Trying to select which pages to extract by clicking on thumbnails is next to impossible. Whoever thought of this system has never tried to extract multiple non-consecutive pages from a large document - they all look the same when shrunk to 1 inch tall. Can we just extract by highlighting bookmarks?

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. crop

Ctrl Alt T back please (cropping one page or all pages)

I'm not sure why you took it out, or why you hid it, but I would really like it back! I use it monthly if not weekly for work and it is WAY easier than the new version. Maybe you thought we didn't use it, but we do :-)

I have Acrobat 11, the full version. Please bring it back.

thank you

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Eraser

The program needs an eraser (I've been telling Adobe techs this for years) If you need an example, download a trial version of Bluebeam Revu. Take a look at their crop, eraser, cut and flatten tools. You guys need to step up your game!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Why did you change the tool section, I have to make 3 tomes as many steps now to find all the tools I use to have right on the toolbar?

Allow us to put the tools back on the tool bar without having to click on tools we don't need

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Wayne

You can just add the more frequently tools to the Quick Tools on top. Alternately you can just search for the tool you need in the Search box in Right Hand Panel.

Please let us know if this helps.

5. Tried to delete a page from Organize Pages and Error message comes back saying "An Incorrect Structure was found in the PDF file"

Tried to delete a page from Organize Pages and Error message comes back saying "An Incorrect Structure was found in the PDF file"

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Need Info  ·  Bilal Ansari responded

Hi,
    Apologies for the inconvenience caused. Could you try the following and see if it resolves the issue:
    1. Right click on the left hand pane.
    2. Select Tags.
    3. Select the first item in the list labelled ‘Tags’.
    4. Press Delete.
    5. Now try and delete the pages.

Also, could you send the PDF for us to analyze?

6. Drag and drop in Organize is broken

Whose stupid idea was it to make drag and drop also copy pages when in the organize pages tool? And then why doesn’t ctrl z undo that copy and reselect the pages? This is literally how everything else works.

But somehow a slight slip in this program means I need to close the file, don’t save and reselect 200 pages again to delete them because of this.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi

We tried with several files and dragging does not copy the pages.
    Is it specific to some files or is there a defined way to replicate it?
    If file specific, can you please share the files with us?

This would help us investigate faster.

Thanks
    Vivek

7. Flattern pdf

Hi,
    The ability to flatten a pdf is basic and important. We have had an Adobe DC for 2 years now for our business with little in enhancement in feature. I an tired of having to search for a community java script to do a basic operation such as flatten a document. when our annual subscription expires in June 2018 we will be moving to Foxit for all our pdf requirement. Not only is it cheaper but it is full featured.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. add new pages to existing binder by drag and drop

add new pages to existing binder by drag and drop

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. extracting pages using key strokes

I used to extract multiple pages from large documents using key strokes and it was much quicker than current method. Back to square 1.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Running optimization erased several bookmarks in my document

I have a merged PDF document to which I added multiple bookmarks.

When I run advanced optimization as I usually do, it removed half of my bookmarks.

This has never happened before.

This is a task that I perform every other month and has worked fine for years.

We are running Windows 7, and have an Adobe CC team account.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. insert page causes crash

1. Open file, insert page, choose pdf file to add.

2. Win10, adobe CC

3. Merge two pdf files together

4. program crash

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Correcting dimensions of the boxes with + and - in "Set Page Boxes"

In every Adobe program it is possible to correct sizes by adding a value with + or -. Why isn't it possible in Acrobat menu "Set Page Boxes"?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Sarah

Can you please be little more specific?
    Are you talking about “Change Page Size” → “Custom” option where you want this functionality?

Thanks
    Vivek

13. Don't move the document zoom after using "Set Page Boxes"

If you use the "Set Pages Boxes" and apply the entered correction with "OK" the scrollbar moves to the top of the side. So I have to scroll down again to check my correction. If you have to work really detailed, it's quite annoying to scroll down again and again....

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Sarah

I tried and the scroll bar does not move for me. Can you please share the exact options/steps you are using.
    Or if its specific to some files, can you please share the files with us?

Thanks
    Vivek

14. "Set Page Boxes" wrong preview for TrimBox

1. Open PDF

2. Open Set Page Boxes - TrimBox

3. Add a value in "Top", "Bottom", "Left" and "Right":
      For all sides you can see grey guides in your document. Expect for the right side. The right guideline is somewhere outside the document.

I have to use this really often so it's quite annoying not to see where the guideline is placed. That means a lot of time for "trying".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Sarah

I tried using it myself and the guidelines are visible for all four sides. Can you please share some files where you see this happening (and also a screenshot of the issue so that I can be sure we are on the same page).
    This would help us investigate the issue faster.

Regards
    Vivek

15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Kerning changed to overlapped after extract page

When extract the last page of the attached PDF, the quotation marks at the point 1 of footnotes will be overlapped by other characters.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. For a new feature request

More Flexibility in Find and Search. For text and for linked images.

Currently you are limited to find one word at a time and this is linked to UK or US dictionary spellings

In the future, you could add multiple words and can be linked to a predetermined list of spellings you had set up.

Ideally, if you wanted to find images linked to a predetermined list of file names.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. you should give users the ability to choose the page dimensions they want to insert when they use the Insert Page command.

you should give users the ability to choose the page dimensions they want to insert when they use the Insert Page command.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Ken

You can change the page dimensions after inserting them. You need to simply select the pages and go to ‘Set Page Boxes’ option under ‘More’ in the Organize Pages app.
    Please let us know if this works for you.

Thanks
    Vivek

19. Need access to network shared folders when saving extracted parts of PDF

When I try to save extracted parts of a PDF "as separate files" under "Organize Pages", the only places I'm allowed to access are native storage units. The network based folder my boss and I share is inaccessible and I'm unable to save within folders created for specific clients. I feel it's possible to extend accessibility to any potential storage spot on the computer, right? I included a picture of the screen I'm given when extracting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base