Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

523 results found

1. Acrobat will sometimes generate a pop-up that says "Update completed!" with two options: "Restart Now" and "Cancel". Naturally, I assumed that "Restart Now" meant restart Acrobat. Because that's what it means in every other application on my computer, from Firefox and Chrome, to Intellij, to Microsoft Word, to Steam, and so on. In reality, that innocuous looking button immediately restarted my entire computer, without any sort of warning or confirmation prompt. I've twice lost work (from other applications, like my web browser) because I forgot that in Adobe's world, a user is going to want to immediately restart their entire…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Each time I open a pdf document sent to me by my publishers, a pop-up dialbox comes saying EDIT PDF with the option ADD I don;t want this; besides, it costs money, I'm broke. How can I get rid of this unsolicited horesment? no unsubscribe!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Format Option to edit/add Lists and bullets in Classic DC Pro - the same feature that Continuous DC Pro has.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I have had the most unimaginably bad customer experience today with you products. I bought a new computer (MacBook) and attempted to load the software I purchased in 2015. For the last 8 hours I (or one of our people here at our company) have been trying to contact you or work through your chat capability or simply follow some instructions (not findable) to complete this simple task. No success. Could you please have someone contact me as soon as possible.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Why can I no longer save a pdf as 7.14.17? I get "Access Denied " error message. I have to call it: July 14 2017. Never had this before last update.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Acrobat Pro lags when open PDF for first time. Is this internet related? If so how do I switch off?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I'll first give an example then explain why Acrobat Pro DC needs better error messages.

We often work with large PDFs (sometimes 10,000 pages or more) that are created by joining together many smaller PDFs in Acrobat Pro DC.

Bates Numbers are applied and sometimes removed and re-applied as the document get's built.

Sometimes something goes wrong when editing the PDF.
    For example Edit > More > Bates Numbering > Remove... gives an error "A number is out of range."

This error unfortunately comes up for us a lot which I guess is to be somewhat expected when combining hundreds…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When I make a technical drawing and save it on PDF I usually go to tools and add a rectangle as a basic border. It would be great and very helpful having an option for adding a technical drawing border instead of a simple rectangle (see attached sample)/

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. First my suggestion for Acrobat Pro is work more painstakingly or stock up staff! The CC costs a bunch of money and when working with it, it shows that it doesn't function as sufficient as is should. Especially when it comes to creating/editing more advanced interactive PDFs with Acrobat Pro. The possibility to do that basically is a very mighty and good feature but it doesn't runs as stable as it should.

In my opinion there could/should be a standalone software thats reduced to interactive/form field and layout functions (comparable: InDesign) only. Acrobat Pro is packed full with lots of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. See the heading. How can I update the portfolio index when I have deleted a file from the portfolio?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  mrraj@adobe.com responded

Hi victorm28962446,

When you delete any file from portfolio, the portfolio index or File list in portfolio get updated automatically, you just need to save the changes made by you.

Hope this will help.

Thansk,

11. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Acrobat DC on an iMac with 4k retina display with a second monitor attached.
    When I try to bring a panel, such as the Pan & Zoom panel, onto the second monitor, first of all, it doesn't show up on the second panel. I moved it off the first monitor and the part that should show up on the 2nd monitor doesn't show up.

When I move the pane fully onto the 2nd monitor, instantly Adobe Acrobat DC crashes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When opening certain pdf files, the screen preview is not correct. The background "disappears". Sometimes though, the background will still print but sometimes it does not. I am on Mac in system Sierra and have tried these files on multiple computers including a pc, with extensions off etc. and always that same result. What I see is not what I get. If I place the pdf file in InDesign it will preview correctly and also export correctly so something InDesign does corrects the problem. I am attaching a file to demonstrate the issue.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Get rid of it!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When using the Flatten Transparency Preflight Fixup, transparent images that are flattened are heavily compressed, introducing extreme JPG artifacts and banding in smooth gradients.

This does not match flattening out of Indesign or Illustrator or using the Flattener in the Acrobat Print Production tools. We would expect to get the same results with the Preflight fixup that would be produced with other flattening methods.

See attached with examples of original unflattened art, art flattened with Acrobat Print Production and Acrobat Preflight fixup.

Preflight produces a severely degraded image with visible banding and large artifacts that aren't visible on the other…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. THE BUG IS THAT THE CREDIT CARD REGISTRATION PROCEDURE CANT ACCEPT MY POSTAL CODE 16777 FROM GREECE AND I CAN'T FINISH THE PROCESS.

THANK YOU

ATHANASIOS ZAFIRIS

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I had been using the trial version for Adobe acrobat pro dc and really liked the feature where when i was using the program on my surface pro it automatically detected that i was using the microsoft pen and i could just write on the pdf's. I purchased the student version of the program and when i went to do the same thing and it did not work. I contacted your customer service and the person said the feature was not available on the version i purchased and that i would have to buy a subscription to get that feature.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I have to put watermark (my logo" on jpg files in a folder and then save new files to another folder; with an action doing:
    - add watermark (my logo)
    - save in a folder (same name+export as jpeg)
    Compared to the version 7 (I used it until yesterday) it is much slower and works worse because to avoid having to close hundreds of pdf files (which are created do not know why) I had to add the action "do not save": note that one pdf always remains open to close at the end anyway.
    This is on Windows 10

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?