Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

721 results found

1. Can I use my leased Acrobat subscription on my cellphone? How would I go about that?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Supply an update required notification for users who wish not to use the auto update function

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. My Employee whose Credit Card was given for monthly payments has left and adobe payment was failed. I have added a new credit card but don't know how the payment will be charged to that new card.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The screens are way too bright? Why don't we add a button that makes it brighter and dimmer? That way we can change the brightness.
    Thank you for you attention!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. every time i use fill and sign the program crashes.
    have had online adobe team fix multiple times (which takes hours)
    the problem will go away and then come back a month later . i have asked multiple times what the issue is with no explanation.
    i am using a brand new HP Pavillion Core i7 desk top.
    i will be cancelling my subscription and finding another means of completing my work documents.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I am visually impaired, reading anything with an all white background is virtually impossible for me. It would he extremely helpful if Acrobat had a setting to display the PDF contents in reverse video. There are browser extensions (i.e. Chrome High Contrast) which provide the capability for a general web page (which is how I am able to fill in this form).
    Also, the Acrobat dark theme helps, but it doesn't change the displayed PDF contents, and it's dark background is way too light. It should be very close to black (#000000).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please enhance Named User licensing to better accommodate enterprise needs.

We only issue Enterprise / Federated ID to our users, they will never have a personal AdobeID.

Please enhance the licensing to:
    Enable a way to suppress the Sign in screen which requests an Adobe ID.
    Automatically select the Enterprise ID sign in screen.
    Prevent the appearance of the Adobe/Enterprise ID selection screen.
    Alternatively, allow background (registry / preference file) population of enterprise ID credentials so that all of the options are pre-filled and the process can be automatically attempted without user intervention. Only if the sign in fails should…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It should be possible, to have an ADD TO, JOIN TO or MERGE command to integrate a PDF file into another one, directly from the File Menu applications.
    As an example
    1. Attached on an email I receive a PDF file containing the instructions to pay my Car Insurance.
    2. I save this PDF as “Car Insurance 2019.pdf”
    3. A few day later I pay this insurance thru Online Banking
    4. I save the proof of the payment as “Payment House Insurance 2019.pdf”
    The new command
    a. Besides the SAVE or SAVE AS - creating another PDF file, it should…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Adjust the highlighting color for the search results or offer the option to adjust the color individual.

I am working in a big international company, working and searching in pdf documents is a daily doing and we are ALL struggling and loosing a lot of time just to find the highlighted results. This would be a life saver.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Behavior: When selecting one of the radio button options, the border disappears. Note that this appears to be affected by the field highlighting, which is enabled by default for Reader and Acrobat.
    Steps to reproduce:
    1. Setup a form with multiple sets of radio buttons, where at least two options exist for each set of radio buttons
    2. In the Appearance properties tab for the radio buttons, set the Border Color to black and Line Thickness to "Thin"
    3. In the Options properties tab set the Button Style to "Cross"
    4. Open the form and select one radio button from…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

This is as designed.
    As you select the radio button, you will observe a light gray, beveled frame appears around each button boxes.
    You can see the difference as you make changes in “Line Style”

11. When I open a PDF and choose the save command or save from the File menu, the "save" screen that pops up is blank. This is a significant functionality that is critical to using the software.

I am running Mojave 10.14.3 and Adobe DC 2019.10.20098

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Not able to reproduce at our end, can you please check this again by updating acrobat and trying this again.

12. In your next update, please include the option to save documents (from programs such as Microsoft Office) DIRECTLY to password-protected pdf forms. It should be unnecessary to open the pdf's in the Adobe program and then create an additional level of security. The current system requires too many steps, which is neither time- nor labor-efficient. You already include the ability to convert to pdf directly from these programs, so please add the option to convert directly to a password-protected version. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

This feature already exits with Word for every PDF that required password excryption.

1. Create your document or open an existing PDF document using Word
    2. From the File menu select Save As
    3. Browse to a location to save the document
    4. Select PDF (*.pdf) as the document type and click the Options… button
    5. In the PDF options section check the Encrypt the document with a password option

13. When I save out a PDF form to File > Save as Other > Reader Extended PDF > Enable More Tools, which includes all the necessary elements for 508 compliance, including table summaries, the resultant Reader enabled file has the table summaries deleted.

Thus it is impossible to get the final form PDF to pass 508 testing, because now I cannot edit the final PDF in order to restore the table summary.

Thanks for looking into this.

I am on a Macintosh running MacOS Sierra 10.12.6
    and Acrobat Pro DC 2019.010.20098
    Architecture: x86_64
    Build: 19.10.20098.316574
    AGM: 4.30.84
    CoolType: 5.14.5
    JP2K:…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Now that I can no longer license Acrobat Std / Pro per device, Adobe must provide customers analytics to ensure I'm not wasting my subscriptions on named users who aren't using them. If I think of a named user subscription like a water tap, I need to ensure the spigot is not left open unnecessarily and wasting water. Please develop analytics (like others have) that tell me if a named user who has an Acrobat Pro subscription is using any Pro functionality, and how frequently. Same for Acrobat Standard subscriptions. This will allow me to re-assign unused subscriptions instead of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Now that Acrobat Std and Pro are licensed per named user, and not by device, there is no need to have separate installs of Adobe Reader, Acrobat Std / Pro. There should be just one install that I can put on every single computer. If the user doesn't sign in with an Adobe ID (or enterprise/federated ID) they get access to Reader functionality. If they sign in and their ID has been assigned a Std subscription, they get to use Std functionality. If they sign in and their ID has been assigned a Pro subscription, they get to use Pro…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Checker flags link in a table cell as invalid. (<Link> and <Link - OBJR> in a table <TD> cell). I believe this is not a failure point and should not be flagged. Would appreciate a review of this check and a note regarding which protocol is the reason if I am incorrect.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. New problem today, 3/7/19 I can no longer save a Word doc as a PDF optimized for electronic distribution. The Word doc itself doesn't seem to matter, happens with different fonts etc.
    In Word, attempt to File -> Save As -> PDF with Best for Electronic Distribution option selected fails with the message Can't Export File. There are three workarounds: 1)Save As PDF with Best for Printing option, 2)Print -> Print to PDF, or 3)click the Acrobat tab in Word and Create PDF icon upper left.
    my setup:
    Mac OS 10.14.3
    Word 16.16.7
    Acrobat Pro DC 2019.010.20098

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Has the issue with PDFMaker crashing with Office 2016 and Office 365 on Windows been fixed? The workaround provided in your article acknowledging this issue (see link below) did not suffice, and we had to remove the Acrobat plugin from our MS Office 365. In so doing, we lost the added bookmarking features available via your plug in. The rules for California Court Filings require bookmarking, which that plug in helps automate.

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-acrobat-pdfmaker-problems-office.html#temp_problem

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Currently have subscription licensed on two machines. Upgrading one machine and need three machine use for a period of time so that I can methodical migrate to the new machine rather than clutter it with years of outdated data & files.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Accessibility with NVDA / JAWS: for a data table that spans multiple pages in large files:
    UsingAcrobat Reader DC Version 2019.010.20098 on Windows 10 laptop
    At present my experience is that the table is not exposed as a continuous table.
    Consider a 3 column table.
    Only on the first page on which the table begins, the column headers are read as one switches columns.
    For an NVDA or JAWS user, every subsequent page seems to have a distinct 3 column table with x or y rows and the column headers on the first row of the table on the start…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?