Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

721 results found

1. i can't create text smaller than size 6?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. was trying to create a pdf from software ( IT2 ) but when i print to Adobe PDF it converts the text / numbers into what looks like Hexidecimal or ASCII.

work around is to use snag it first then print to adobe pdf.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hello,

in Acrobat Pro DC 2017 and Acrobat Reader DC 2017, the software often stucks during print of certain pages. Compared 1:1 to Reader XI, the old version also takes more time for these pages compared to the other ones but there is a large difference between there versions. In the attached screenshots you can see the difference between these two versions with the printing job started at the same time. The problem occurs while using Windows 7 and Windows 10.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  pooja . responded

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable feedback.
    Adobe is working with Microsoft to resolve the problem. Meanwhile, you can manually tweak the registry as a workaround,
    Steps:
    1. Open the registry by going to Run (Windows menu + R), typing regedit.exe, and then clicking OK.
    2.Do the following:

Based on your installed version of product and release, navigate to the location and create a corresponding key of type DWORD (Wow6432Node only if your machine is 64-bit).
    Create the key FeatureState at the location listed below; the key is not present by default.
    For Acrobat DC 2017:

Key: 4033257
    Location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\(Wow6432Node)\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\FeatureState

For more refer to page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/prn-files-using-pcl-printing-increases-file-size.html
    Is this resolve your issue?

Best Regards!

4. A document was scanned and sent to a client, and they digitally signed it with either an app or a program, and returned it to us. Adobe Acrobat recognized these signatures as pencil edits, but would not print them. I could create additional pencil edits, and those would show up when printing, but not the original ones.

"Document and Markups" was selected in the Comments & Forms section of the print options dialog box.
    "Print Notes and Popups" was enabled in the Comment preferences.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Along with being able to customise (personalise) the "Quick tools" and change an extraordinary amount of settings in the program preferences, the ability to save the layout of the 'workspace' so-to-say should be possible.
    In particular, the 'Tools pane' and the 'Navigation pane' - show/hide setting should be persistent.
    This assists with productivity, and User eXperience.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I just installed Acrobat Pro on my Mac Desktop and not my computer won't stop beeping. I have turned off every sound control I can find and the beeping continues. And it even beeps when Acrobat has been closed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Acrobat DC is unable to checkhspell the content of a Document. Please provide a speller for the hole document.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Once I have scanned a page I am not able to save the file to any folder, See the attached screen shot, this is the screen that I get. I have uninstalled Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and re-installed and still get the same thing. Please advise.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. a adobe rep said in this forum the following:"Since the secured PDFs cannot be combined as single PDF and are only available as PDF portfolio. Those can only be viewed in Acrobat or Reader."

Is there a way to convert multiple pdfs put into a single file/folder with a single password that would protect the large singlefile/folder without password pasword protecting each individual file? or work around?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Be able to go into preferences and specify the default folder for saving files, similar to the function in Word/Excel/PPT, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I just opened an email froma a which reads:"Hello Bob,

Hope you are doing well! I work with Adobe and I am a Product Manager in the Document Cloud group (which includes Acrobat, Reader and much more). I have got your reference from the feedback you have left for Fill & Sign tool on our portal. It would be great if we could have a short call to discuss and understand your requirements in detail. I would also like to get your feedback on some of the new Fill & Sign capabilities we are exploring.
    Please let me know your…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reporting your concern. This seems to be a case of mistaken identity. Adobe employees do contact customers directly to help them in any issues they are facing. Do let us know in case you face any other issue.

12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Laura

Seems like your default Excel handler is changed to Acrobat. You can change the default Excel handler by following steps:

1. right-click on any Excel file.
    2. Go to Properties.
    3. Click on “Change…” button against "Opens With: " and select Excel from the list of apps. If you don’t see it, click on More Apps or navigate to your Excel install location where you can find excel.exe
    4. Once done, click on Apply > OK.

It should work fine now.

Thanks
    Tanvi

13. It is not an idea, it is a bug.

When I open two exact same PDF files, one that has been created 2 months ago with formula to insert the current dat, calculate prices and costs, and a freshly created PDF to include the exact same calculations to the exact same named fields, I cannot get one single calculation to stick. Neither when adding them via hand, nor via export and import function. When I go to properties/calculations and user definted calcuations and add the copied text there, click ok enough times thennothing happens. when i look into the field…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I'm currently unable to scan to Acrobat: when I attempt to create a PDF from scan, my scanner and Acrobat go through the whole process, and at the point where the scan should be appearing in Acrobat, I'm returned to the Scan page of Acrobat with no file created. Scanning to Photoshop works fine, so it's not my scanner. I'm on macOS Sierra, with the most recent release of DC.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/setting-action-buttons-pdf-forms.html you can read:

“When you distribute a form, Acrobat automatically checks the form. If it doesn’t find a submit button, it adds a Submit Form button to the document message bar. Users can click the Submit Form button to send completed forms back to you. If you don’t plan to use the Submit Form button created by Acrobat, you can add a custom submit button to your form.”

I added a Submit button to a form and when I distributed it I got two submit buttons: the one I added plus the standard one generated by Acrobat inside…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When perusing a PDF file, using the Ctrl-F feature to search the file for a word or phrase causes the entire program to shut down completely. Started on new update yesterday for the PRO DC Version 17.012.20098 update.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. i want to copy webpages from all the major browsersacrobat dc win 10 -many dont nor have the acrobat logo in the toolbar at top of page even when i set themupin/settings /options.
    could not acrobat dc in windows 10 make a list of browsers, search engines’, etc are compatible with acrobat dc (personally i am not in interested in the photo stuff &their ilk lwhich acrobat DC pushes in their adds& email--is acrobat dc implying that the photo etc section are the only thing that the browsers&, search engines etc., are the main thing that acrobat dc can do…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Our agency has several custom presets when saving pdfs from Illustrator. We would like to limit one client from altering our pdfs. We can apply the security setting, however they do not save in the preset.
    Please fix.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  cdas responded

Dear User,

Please open the file in Acrobat.Go to Protect Tool from Tools Page.
    Go to Encrypt— Manage Security Policies—New - Using passwords,public key certificates —Save as a Policy-and then choose the settings that you want to apply .
    As the policy is saved,you can apply the policy next time on-wards
    which appears as a template from Security Options(Control+D) on the file.

19. Can I export a pdf in chinese to word format

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a feature to change all highlighted color at once ..

I needed this feature due to changing the screen i use .. when i connected my laptop to samsung screen through hdmi the color was not so clear and the text is unreadable i wanted to change them all at once to another color so i can read ..

thanks in advance

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?