Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

523 results found

1. Please fix the problem of flickering fields in fillable forms for Acrobat DC. I experience it on my M1 mac running the latest OS and Acrobat software. The blinking/flickering fields make it impossible to concentrate on my work.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Despite numerous Admins saying this matter has been resolved, it has NOT. We need to be able to convert .msg files and, rather than *embed the attachment, it needs to convert the attachment too (if not already a PDF) and place the attachment BEHIND the email. Email + attachment in one PDF, NOT embedded. Please address this, as it is a VERY important feature for law firms.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. PLEASE fix so text boxes stop combining. I KNOW Acrobat is not an "editiing" app but I have to make contact sheets from multiple products and sources from Adobe Bridge. Then the client needs a couple changes, or we need to update an area on the contact sheet ONLY. Constantly have to fight to redo text. Not editable in other apps - Illustrator can only open one page at a time. Can't edit PDF in Indesign. Can't edit in Word. These are NATIVE pdf's from Bridge. Thank you.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Have 1 icon for bookmarks wether it is created by adding a new bookmark or combining pdf files.
    If you need to add a new bookmark to a file you cannot get it to display the same icon as those created using combine pdf's. Unless they offer different functions there is nothing but confusion caused by having 2 different icons.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Within the Adobe Admin Console an administrator does not have the capability to export user data identifying which product is assigned to the user. To run the reports you have to drill to every product and export the data. I asked for the report from tech support and they said the feature I am requesting is not available but to request to it added as a feature. On the feature wish form drop list it does not specify Admin functions so I chose first Adobe product on the list. The function to export all user data to understand the products…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When opening a pdf file on Adobe Acrobat Pro (and some other times, just after launching Adobe Acrobat Pro), the app occasionally stops working and the cursor turns to spinning rainbow for a few minutes. Sometimes (after a long while) the app resumes its functions, other times it does not and I'm forced to force-quit the application and re-launch it.

1. Launch Adobe Acrobat Pro / Open a pdf file on Acrobat Pro
    2. Mac Pro (Late 2013) (OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6)
    3. Proper Function
    4. Application crashes and / or freezes

Here is the report I'm getting when I force-quit the…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  16 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be very helpful if in the "Merge to Adobe PDF" function/plugin under Mailings in Microsoft Word to be able to specify a filename from the fields of my dataset. In other words, I would like to be able to have a column in my dataset that the plugin uses for naming files. It's horrible having to rename a hundred documents if you want to distribute PDFs.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Editing Adobe Sign Documents Before anyone signs in Workflows. You need to allow people to edit email addresses, documents, etc before anyone signs just like you do in the Send tab but for Workflows.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be nice to have the ability to remove just one footer instead of removing all headers/footers. For example, I work on large publications and would like to be able to leave the different headers and copyright footers for each chapter in place, but be able to update the page numbers. Currently, when I remove or update a header/footer, it effects ALL headers/footers. There should be a menu option to pick and choose which headers/footers to alter.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We need the ability to convert folders/subfolders containing .msg files to a PDF Portfolio file. But the .msg extension is not a supported extension for conducting this conversion. The only way to do it is to create a folder in Outlook and drag all of the .msg files into the folder, which isn't practical and is an extra step. All of the other Microsoft file types seem to be supported (docx, xlsx, pptx, etc.), so I'm not sure why the .msg file type isn't supported.

I have spent a couple support sessions with Tanvi Bhalla of Adobe trying to solve…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I would like the ability to add Roman Numerals in headers. Right now, adding a page number within the Headers and Footers dialog box does not allow me to use Roman Numerals (page labels).

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Lovekesh garg responded

We have logged a bug for this issue. We will update you, once the engineering team will prioritize the bug and fix it.
    Thanks.

12. Allow presenter notes like on power point

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please consider returning the menu option's drop down menus to black letters. The current very thin grey font, while fashionable, does look very similar to the well established 'grey = unavailable' menu entries. Especially on LCD laptop screens who's hues & tone are affected by screen tilt. Thank you

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Does not send, goes into perpetual loop of "next". How do I roll back the update! Need to know ASAP!

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reach out to us. It will be great if you could share the below information :

1. Machine configuration like OS version etc.
    2. Acrobat version (Go to Help→About Adobe Acrobat Pro DC)
    3. User id with you have logged in Acrobat.
    4. Exact set of steps you are trying to execute

Also is the issue occurring with a particular type of file ?

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

16. We need to set PDFs to open in the browser, however, sometimes the user needs to edit these (such as using Fill & Sign). In this case, the user clicks Fill & Sign, and they are told to download the file and open it.

It would be far easier if the toolbar that's visible when a user opens a PDF in the browser has a simple button where they could open it in whatever app they had set as the default for PDFs (Acrobat Professional, or Reader). Perhaps a button called "Open in Acrobat"

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We should be able to print more than 999 copies theses days. This is really a pain. All other product we use here at my company allow to print more than that. I know i can change the values with my Fiery's interface after printing, said 1 copy, but this is a two steps ways and it is less efficient...

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be amazing if you didn't have to go all the way inside Cell Properties to check and see what a header cell's scope is set as, and what header cells are associated with any given cell in a table. If, once you were already inside Table Editor, that information would be available when you hover over any given cell (could be a feature that can be turned on or off), it would save so much time and effort in a very tedious job.

When a table is really large or complicated, it can be easy to lose your…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Thank you for connecting with us. I have shared your concern with the higher management. I’ll update you on the request one I receive a response.

Meanwhile, check out the new features on latest version of Acrobat Pro DC.

Thanks
    Rachit

19. After searching for days on this forum and online, I've been unable to find any solution to preventing header information from appearing on Outlook PDF conversions.

Convert to PDF in Outlook automatically creates a header in the PDF file with the Author, Recipient, Date, and Subject of the email. Not only does it cause issues with formatting (forcing the layout of emails to be pushed down an inch or so) but there are plenty of circumstances where an email subject/author/date information may need to be hidden when printing.

Portfolios allow for bulk operations on several emails. Automatic Archival also preserves…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Increasingly throughout the internet there are files available which are not in our own language ☹ I remain baffled why an in-built translator has not been implemented to generate a translated document given the number of countries globally using Adobe today. In simple terms, we have computers to do this for us as I again find myself attempting the labourious task to convert line by line through an online translator. This says a lot for us as a technology society.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?