Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

111 results found

1. It will be very useful to have a cut/copy and paste option for moving pages within a pdf file. Currently, you can only drag pages around and this can be a little bit messy especially if working on a large file.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. This may be a bug. I use InDesign to create an very important annual booklet. I export it to PDF and then break it apart and convert to WORD so that I can send individual sections to contributors so they can make edits for new year's book. In April, I had no problems and I have done this for 8 years now. See attached. We received an update and now, as of July, when I convert the same document, the formatting is all messed up. For me to get a good version to my contributors it would take me hours…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Implemented  ·  amukherj responded

With the release of Acrobat on 2nd Oct, 2018, this issue has been addressed.

If your product is not already updated, you can manually do so from within the product. Click on the menu Help→ Check for updates.

3. um, go back to something I have been able to do with pDFs since day 1

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. With the 21.005.20048 Planned update, June 08, 2021, it introduced a new issue that didn't previously exist with our TMW application from Trimble.

Error = The ordinal 3282 could not be located in the dynamic link library
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroRd32.dll.

This error did not exist with the May 11 update. This error was introduced this week with the Jun 8 update.

I need to know how to roll-back or reinstall the 21.001.20155 Planned update, May 11, 2021 until this is fixed.

Please contact Trimble for more information. They may be reaching out to you as well to understand…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When viewing a file in fullscreen mode, if a second file is opened it will display in normal mode, but with the menu cut off at the top. It's as though the app is still scaled up to make the main content the size of the screen. This prevents access to the menus and minimize/close buttons.

By switching back to the first PDF and exiting fullscreen mode this can be mitigated, but the bug should be fixed in the app.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    This is regarding your following feedback for Adobe Acrobat:

With our latest release on 8th June 2021, the issue reported by you has been addressed.
    If your product has not already been updated, to get the latest product update, click on the menu Help —> Check for updates in the product.

Hope this helps in addressing the reported issue. We look forward to the continued feedback.

Regards,
    Ayush Jain

6. Exporting Word documents to PDF using Acrobat PDFMaker produces a PDF document with missing characters.

This only occurs with some fonts, such as Palatino Linotype and Book Antiqua.

Environment: Windows 10 1909 (18363.476) French, Microsoft Word 1910 (Build 12130.20390 Microsoft Store), Acrobat DC 2019-021-20056, Convert2AdobePDF 19.21.20047.354104, Adobe PDF Library 19.21.79.

Steps to reproduce the issue:

• Type "L'HOMME" in a Word document, font is Palatino Linotyoe,
    • Export said Word document with PDFMaker, with all fonts embedded.

Expected result: PDF document displays "L'HOMME"

Observed result: PDF document displays "L'OMME"

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The icons for "Zoom to Page Level" and "Show only one page at a time" are nearly identical. What's worse, when I put both of them on my toolbar, Acrobat places them side-by-side, intentionally causing confusion..

These commands do different things and need to be better differentiated in icon form.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Build 19.8.20071 has completely removed the redaction pop-up menu to "repeat mark across pages", "apply redactions", and to choose from the user-defined code set. The only way to apply redaction codes is to manually go into the properties menu on each and every redaction to apply the redaction code.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I am using the latest version of Mac Acrobat DC 2018.011.20038

1- Make a form field.
    2- Select it so you can make a <form> with the OBJR
    3- Drag it into its proper spot in the reading order.
    4- Then move it even one pixel, it will delete itself. This happens on all fields of any type. It also happens if you just resize any field.

Since this Adobe Forum usually asks questions until people give up on the thread I even made a video of the whole thing:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1S79CQ53xiebkxiXmZawAML2kpSY3O6Bn

By the way, I lost 17 hours of work.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Currently only Nitro and Foxit support AIP. https://support.office.com/en-us/article/SharePoint-Compatible-PDF-readers-that-support-Microsoft-Information-Rights-Management-services-DD197D58-5BF6-4D18-B9F8-D16DB603FAE2

We really need this feature enabled or we will have to change our PDF software to one of these products. GDPR is forcing our hand on this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Windows 7 64 bits
    Acrobat DC Continuous 2018.011.20035
    Windows 10 64 bits
    Acrobat DC Classic 2015.006.20143

Unable to open our standard time sheet, which is a .pdf form, and has been in use for years.
    Form opens as usual on computers that have not received the recent update.
    When we try to open the form after the Acrobat update, form requires password to open ('std634.pdf' is protected. Please enter a Document Open Password.)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Implemented  ·  amukherj responded

Correct status is ‘Implemented’. Resolved is used for cases where we resolve an issue without any code changes.

13. When I drag an excel file to the Adobe dock icon or attempt to create a PDF in Acrobat I get an error of a duplicate file in the temp folder.

I've tried clearing out the temp folder. Also, I've reinstalled Acrobat and Microsoft office. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

Please try it out and let us know your feedback.
    Thanks for your patience and support!

With Best Regards!

14. With Accessibility Checker, I think there is a bug - the title was flagged as an issue. I took all the steps to correct this but it continues to come up as an issue when I use the checker. I've recreated the issue twice. I'm on a Mac, OS Sierra v10.12, MS Word v15.38, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. This problem has been happening since the 2017 updates. Yesterday I did a clean install of Windows 10 for another issue, and the problem persists even after re-installing Windows and CC.

Steps:
    1. Open a PDF file.
    2. Open "Print Production" -> "Convert Colors"
    3. Under "Matching Criteria" select "Color Type -> Spot Colors"
    4. Click "OK"

Then Acrobat Crashes for me every time, on every PDF file I try.

I use this feature a lot because our equipment is CMYK Digital, and we often get files with Spot Colors submitted for printing.

I am assuming this is a but…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Nick,

We addressed this issue in our latest patch. So i request you to please update your Acrobat and try again. If problem persists please let us know.

Thanks

16. Since updating to High Sierra, I have been unable to adjust the color opacity when filling in color for text/form boxes. The "Colors" box used to have something at the bottom for adjusting the opacity, and, since the opacity is turned all the way up by default, I have no way of actually filling in these boxes with color.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Export PDF from InDesign CC 2017 containing email addresses, hyperlinks included.
    2. MacOS X 10.12, InDesign CC 2017, Acrobat DC 2017.
    3. Normally invokes Mail when mailto links are clicked.
    4. Now mailto links display correct popup but do not action when clicked, cursor changes to text insert bar when hovering over mailto link.
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I and several of my coworkers are having Adobe Acrobat DC hang on us while saving files. It can be while just normal save (Command-C) or when doing a Save As.... Apparently the file gets fully saved, because when we reopen Acrobat after a force quit, and say No to recover, the file seems fine. But Acrobat will hang or freeze, the progress bar stays up, and eventually the OS says Acrobat is unresponsive. We need to force quit it to get back to restart Acrobat. Trashing preferences or changing where we save the file (resident drive or server) makes…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When we open certain PDF documents and go to organise pages we cannot delete page 1. (This affects other functions that try to delete pages too). Please contact me if more files are needed.

The error is "One or more pages are in use and cannot be deleted".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Implemented  ·  Bilal Ansari responded

Hi,
    We have fixed the issue. Kindly update to the latest version of Acrobat.
    Thank you for your patience.

19. Customer can place an image in an image field but cannot delete if wrong image was chosen. Please add 'remove added image' or enable to create ability for image field to add an action so customer can delete the wrong image. I am getting complaints from customers! Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?