Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

783 results found

1. ADOBE SUCKS SO BAD THATS WHY I HAVE TO PAY FOR IT AND CAN'T EVEN EDIT THE PDF FORM FIELDS BUNCHA WANKERS

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  amukherj responded

No actionable information from user. CLosing the thread.

2. Please add a separate opacity scale for "fills" and "borders" in the draw shapes, or add a "no fill" option for color. Right now they have to have the same opacity, and it would be nice to add boarders without a filled in box.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  28 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Behavior is on Windows 7 | Acrobat Pro XI version 11.0.23

When running OCR (English and Italian) previous drawing markups (Free Form Tool) and highlights are corrupted. Free forms were rotated 90 degrees and translated, while highlights were moved up about 2.5 lines. I attached a word document with screenshots of the behavior. This behavior messed up highlighting work by a professor at Indiana University.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Adobe Acrobat Pro crashes often when scanning. This is an inherent problem with Adobe that they need to fix as I upgraded to newer version to avoid this and the problem is just as prevalent.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I think it could be nice to click on the same button to deactivate the previously selected option. For instance, I selected the Highlighter to highlight some words. I though it was the same button to quit this state, as the same interactivity gate. Instead of that, I needed to go on the Arrow symbol to deselect the Highlighter.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  Vivek Chandra responded

Thanks for bringing this issue to our notice. Your valuable feedback helps us improving our product. We discussed about this particular issue and we do not have any plans to work on it in immediate future. However, we’ll have it in our radar and might revisit at an appropriate time in future.

6. It would be really great to open documents with much larger thumbnails, similar to how Apple's Pages software shows them.

I download a PDF of a daily newspaper, which often has nearly 200 pages. I'm only interested in a couple of sections, so I like to quickly scan the thumbnails.

• Currently I can increase the thumbnail size, but it's a multi-step process that needs to be repeated several times.

• Enlarged thumbnails display text in a rough, jagged way, it should be much smoother.

• When scrolling thumbnails with a mouse, enlarged thumbnails float horizontally in a really annoying way. I'd like…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I'm having to fill out some forms with the manual text placements and I noticed placing mono-spaced text is not really graceful to do.

Feels like it would help if it'd scale starting from the leftmost part of the bounding box for the first character instead of the center of the first character as seen

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reporting this issue but this is not planned for immediate future. We will let you know in case we have any updates.

8. Suddenly, when reopening or trying to 'save as', the text I added comes up in all 'dots' - that's all - dots across each text box. I have to 'edit' each text box changing the font to something else and save it again. This started last week! WHY! It's making me nuts!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  2 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I can view my PDF contract in mobile but as soon as i got to edit it, adobe freezes and says its not responding. 5 people from adobe tried to login and fix it today with no luck. Any ideas?
    As of right now I had to start from scratch on a contract that took an entire day to perfect

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. In an Acrobat Pro DC PDF document, links to .xlsm and .xlsb spreadsheets won't open. Adobe needs to add those extensions to their Policies Registry keys and the problem will be solved! Please fix before next release! It's a super easy fix!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Should have just make some tweeks to older version. This is like learning an entirely new software. Developers need to leave well enough alone!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. not able to open my pdfs after making my acrobat DC my default for pdfs on windows 10as promted by adobe acrobat several times. is there a war going on between windows 10 and adobe acrobat dc

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It's actually soo bad, it's a waste of time trying to explain how ridiculous this program is now to edit any docs to anyone at Adobe....Going to BlueBeam...

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Created a setting allows for the deletion of the recent files list when exiting Acrobat. The recent files list gives persons the ability to access files without having to go through security and can display private information depending on the naming convention used.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Would like to have to choice to have the panel on the bottom rather then the side or top. Could another option be added.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please give me back the stand alone program I can buy and install on my PC.

DC hangs more than it works. I really do dislike it. I keep going back to my old PC so I can work with the installed version 10 It works, first time every time!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Currently layers list as one group when created with AutoCad. Microstation will create a layer hierarchy with referenced files.

The ability to group layers from within Acrobat would be very useful, a drag and drop facility like the method for bookmarks would make this an infinitely more useful file.

Also, the ability to manipulate more than one layer at a time. Currently setting a default state needs to be applied individually. To be able to apply states across multiple layers, ie on and off or default state would be an enormous time saver.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion. We have notified our engineering for the same. We shall get in touch with you incase we need more information.

Thank you for the patience

18. Acrobat is quite unstable when it comes to scanning documents.

The scanner in this scenario is Dell B1265DFW Mono MFP

Here is the crash log

Log Name: Application
    Source: Application Error
    Date: 10/4/2017 5:38:37 PM
    Event ID: 1000
    Task Category: (100)
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: zonigethee
    Description:
    Faulting application name: Acrobat.exe, version: 15.6.30355.44268, time stamp: 0x599eb1bc
    Faulting module name: Scan.api, version: 15.6.30352.41391, time stamp: 0x597f8e3d
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0005e9df
    Faulting process id: 0x810
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d33d6166449adc
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 2015\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 2015\Acrobat\plugins\Scan.api
    Report Id:

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When you create your Digital Signature thru the Fill and Sign Wizard that say you like how your first name looks but then when you get to your last name and you make a mistake that instead of clicking the Clear Button to start over that you could Click a Button that says Undo instead as this would really save a lot of time in the long run being that it takes quite a while and too long at that to do that if you like it to look just right both ways both first and last name.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this issue to our notice. Your valuable feedback helps us improving our product. We discussed about this particular issue and we do not have any plans to work on it in immediate future. However, we’ll have it in our radar and might revisit at an appropriate time in future.

20. It would be great to be able to view all pages on screen at the same time, as big as possible, during a full screen presentation. Think moodboard or contact sheet. I am a graphic designer and for my presentations, I create a final page that is all of my designs as large thumbnails on a page so that I can discuss all of them. Stepping it up a notch would be allowing the user to click on one of the pages and it getting bigger than the rest.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  Vivek Chandra responded

• Don't see your idea?