Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

523 results found

1. batch rename form field based on selected fields so that a simple Javascript can hide or Show them based on the simple syntax of the Field name.
    How to implement it:
    1. Select form fields in overview panel
    2. Right-click Batch rename selected form fields…
    3. Done and great for javascritping with ease.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please allow a user to assign a "Participant Role" to multiple fields at once inside of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (Convert to Adobe Sign form). Similar to how you can select multiple fields and make them all required with one click. This isn't always a huge issue, but when assigning multiple fields in a large table format this can quickly become very tedious and massively time consuming.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I'm constantly in and out of Acrobat.
    I would love to be able to right click and either close all tabs or close all tabs to the right without closing Acrobat. I jump from job to job and each has its own handful of PDFs to view. When I'm done with a job, I have to either manually close each tab or close the whole window and select close all tabs. Then immediately after, I have to open more and wait for Acrobat to start up again.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please set up a layout feature where I could choose if I want page thumbnails to be open every time I work with a pdf file. In fact, I prefer to hide page thumbnails pane when I open pdf documents. If want to use this pane, I can always click on the left arrow.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I had a 42 page document that I needed to send out for initials & signatures. I carefully [for 30 minutes] prepared the document for sender + 2 signers, sent to be "prepared" and then clicked sign. It came back with me being the only signer in every place I had prepared. This despite checking and double checking the emails addresses were correct for signers 1 & 2. So I tried going in and editing the fields, which still did not resolve the problem. So I deleted the document and redid it...with the same result. I called support and spoke…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Customer should be able to print multiple tabbed documents as a single print job ie: combine all the open tabbed documents into a single print job.

Sometimes, customer need to print financial reports about once a month for two accounts so that's a Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss report for each account - 4 documents. Now user can manually merge them into a single PDF, but that's not how user want to store them. It would be awesome that instead of user printing 3 copies of each of the 4 documents and then manually collating them into 3 stapled…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  pooja . responded

Hi,

We have shared your feedback with the respective team. We will get back to you in case we have any updates.

Best Regards!

1. Highlight/Select a word or phrase.
    2. Right-Click
    3. Add option to right click menu to search in {SEARCH ENGINE OF CHOICE}
    4. Search results for highlighted word or phrase open in {BROWSER OF CHOICE}
    6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Here's an idea...whenever trying to edit a picture and this ANNOYING message pops up:
    "The object you selected uses transparency and might look different in your editing application. Furthermore, the appearance of the page may change in unexpected ways after this object is edited. Do you want to edit this object anyway?"

A NEW OPTION appears > DO NOT ASK AGAIN FOR EVER AND EVER THRU ETERNITY. THANKS

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Bilal Ansari responded

Thank you for the feedback. I have forwarded your request to the engineering team. They will reach out to you if any more information is needed.

8. The system keeps shutting down as I try to use the redaction feature. so frustrating.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reprting the issue. Can you please provide your machine detalis with the Acrobat version you are using.

9. Installation of Adobe Add-in for Send & Track should not be automatic. It blocks the email signature of the user in Outlook 2013 from appearing when he/she wants to send a PDF by email directly from Adobe or other program which uses the Outlook API

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Greetings, dear colleagues!

I want to use Advanced Search of the Acrobat XI in order to perform the following search query:
    cat AND "barking dog"

However by trials and errors I found that this syntax does not work in Boolean query mode of the Advanced Search.

It would be great to have such simple, but extremely useful search option

Thank you.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. Acrobat XI is now out of active development, but we are making a note of your feature request.
    Thanks again for reporting

11. I bought a font that resembles real handwriting, and in order to activate the alternate characters (i.e. type 444 and each 4 looks slightly different), it requires advanced OpenType font settings. MS Word has this, but Adobe Acrobat does not. I believe Indesign does. It would be helpful to have this feature in Acrobat Pro.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Brief title for your desired feature: black and white screens in full screen/presentation mode

How would you like the feature to work?
    like it works in keynote by using a shortcut like cmd+b and cmd+w and MS powerpoint(Shift+B, Shift+W)

Why is this feature important to you?
    Presenting pdfs with the need to black out the presentation on the beamer without having access to the beamers remote.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Currently, when you save a PDF the software slightly changes the window position, perhaps because the developers wanted a subtle way of emphasizing the completion of the saving process.

However, this window position changing is VERY MUCH ANNOYING for those users who are working with their screen splitted between two softwares. For instance, using Windows 10, when you put Acrobat to the left (WindowsKey + LeftKey) and another software to the right (WindowsKey + RightKey). Then, if you save your file in Acrobat it changes it's window position, putting the window slightly over the other software and leaving an unused…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please make documents opened from Mac Finder open in the current Space, not switch to a space which already has Acrobat documents open.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Title says it really. It's simply that there a lot of 'make your own flip books' softwares out there, but they are not well designed and expensive, when this feels like it is a sensible add on to what one can already do with Adobe PDF pro. It's annoying to have to go elsewhere for pdf expertise, as I feel Adobe should be able to smash this themselves.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Steps to Reproduce:
    1. open acrobat DC
    2. create a PDF from file.
    3. save file
    4. check the original file to see if it has retained it's format and is properly openable.

Environment:
    CPU: Intel i5 6600k @4.3GHz
    RAM: 16gb(2x8gb) G-skill Trident-z @3000MHz
    Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 gaming 5

Acrobat Version: 2015.023.20070

Expected result:
    Doing this should bring up a new save dialogue, or the save-as dialogue technically. Then once it is saved it should switch to that file.

Observed Result:
    Doing this overwrote the original file w/o providing a save dialogue.

I have attached the ruined…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. How about beta testing a bit before rolling it out, I wasted a full day testing and rebuilding something that was working perfectly, now I am screwed. Thanks

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Nicholson,

We understand you are encountering some trouble with the new feature in Request e-signatures. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. With Modernized experience, you now get simplified document authoring experience, leverage AI-assisted form field detection and ability to revise, organize & save document edits in-progress, add/ remove recipients during agreement creation step. Here’s more information.

If you still prefer to use the earlier version you can revert back by following these steps:
    1.    Click on your profile icon.
    2.    Select "Settings".
    3.    In "E-signing settings", uncheck the box next to "Use the latest version of Request e-signatures".

This change will only affect new created after making this adjustment. We appreciate your patience and cooperation in resolving this issue. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

18. When opening a PDF in Internet Explorer with the Reader plugin I can no longer open the print dialogue.

The error has started after the latest windows update ( 2020 May update, release 2004)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Requesting you to please update to the latest version of Acrobat by going to Help > Check for updates.

Please let us know if the issue persists on the latest version as well.

Regards,
    Sandeep

19. Add the checkmark under fill and sign to quick tools

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here