Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10 results found

1. Please implement a simple color menu which could be prompted by hovering over the icon and from which we can select various colors for the highlighter.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi
    Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update (21.001.20135) containing the fix for this issue is now available. Color Swatch is introduced to change Annot color easily and can be used for Highlight , Underline , Strikethrough and Caret Type of Annotations. Also find attachment for the glimpse of feature.
    This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. You may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.
    More information about this release is here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html
    Please try it out and let us know your feedback!
    Thanks for your patience and support!

2. Each Windows program can copy, cut and paste pages from thumbnail view - within a document. Only Adobe not! Adobe uses the mouse for that! Why? Please activate copy & paste again!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Should have an option to enable the user to copy paste or duplicate a page in thumbnail view. For example, I make a blank pg in a pdf file which I should be able to copy-paste/duplicate, as a blank page, in between the desired pages of the pdf.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I use Adobe in construction to review the plans in pdf format. Many times when I need to extract the sheet that our scope of work falls under an error comes us saying please enter a valid page range. Instead of simply being able to extract the page I have to delete all the extra pages I don't need. This is time consuming and does not always work. There are times when having to take this route Adobe says some pages were not removed and I have to save, close Adobe, then open the doc again to be able to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Is there a way to disable the floating icon?
    The recent release introduced this feature. I don't find it useful at all, it always in my ways while I was doing the editing. It would be nice to be able to disable this feature.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In the next versions Acrobat could give the possibility to choose the color of the pen of highlighting of text, already in the choice of the tool. Maybe clicking and following would open a color palette so the user could choose the highlight color.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi
    Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update (21.001.20135) containing the fix for this issue is now available. Color Swatch is introduced to change Annot color easily and can be used for Highlight , Underline , Strikethrough and Caret Type of Annotations. Also find attachment for the glimpse of feature.
    This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. You may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.
    More information about this release is here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html

7. I need to change highlight colors based on the different significance of the text, but I need to select different colors from the properties menu. It really takes a lot a time, can you make a button to change colors more efficiently on the viewing page?

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

8. I need to change highlight colors based on the different significance of the text, but I need to select different colors from the properties menu. It really takes a lot a time, can you make a button to change colors more efficiently on the viewing page?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi
    Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update (21.001.20135) containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. You may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

Regards,
    Arvind

9. When I try to edit a PDF in Acrobat DC it crashes every single time. I have uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled, ran fix the install, made sure protected view was off, made sure it was activated with Adobe distiller. I have tried everything on this page. In January was no problem??

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Implemented  ·  amukherj responded

Correct status should be ‘Implemented’. ‘Resolved’ is used when we resolve a customer’s concern without making any changes in the software.

10. I want turn off automatic OCR when I go to edit a scan. Really slowing my project down having to revert to image on every page when all I need to do is rotate pages on the old documents I'm working on.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Implemented  ·  Bilal Ansari responded

With the latest release, we have added a checkbox that will turn off the automatic OCR.

1. Open any scanned pdf.
    2. Go to Edit PDF.
    3. Wait for OCR to complete.
    4. On the right hand pane, uncheck the “Recognize text” option. (Alternatively, if you see a button ‘Revert to Image’, click on it).

This will turn off the auto-OCR feature. Now, Acrobat will not run OCR automatically. Acrobat remembers this setting so that you do not have to uncheck it again.

Let us know if this helps.
    For more information about this, visit https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/edit-scanned-pdfs.html

• Don't see your idea?