Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

735 results found

1. Steps to duplicate:
    Chooses Draw freehand from the toolbar.
    Click and draw freehand writing by drawing numbers, dashes and ABCs in between with clicking and unclicking creating non-continuous lines making up the characters.
    Notice that sometimes a Pop-up appears beneath where I am trying to continue for Add note & Delete.

Workaround:
    Wait a few seconds for Add note & Delete pop-up to disappear, or start drawing in a location without the pop-up. (Or revert to old Acrobat experience by choosing Disable new Acrobat from the Menu.)

Windows 11 Pro Build: 22621.2134
    Acrobat Pro Version: 23.3.20284.0 Using New Modern UI

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In a research article with two columns, selecting one column will also select the other. This is a bug that has appeared with this new version. Please fix. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I can't find "add text comment" (without a border) tool in August 2023 Acrobat.

When I choose another similar sounding tool called "insert text comment" and clicking on a newly-created blank page, nothing happens. (I don't know what this for in either old or new version. It may have something to do with cursor?)

Workaround is to use "add text comment" (with a border), change properties to always have no border displayed and resize the border after typing.

The old version behavior of "add text comment" appeared to add text at position clicked on a page and then flowed right…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The default layout of the comment tools menu has changed significantly in the new version of Adobe Acrobat DC and finding how to add functions like strikethrough and replace to the banner menu is not easy. This is frustrating for editors and typesetters who have to explain to authors how to proofread their galley proofs. Previously, I simply had to explain how to use Acrobat's comments function. Now, I'll have to explain to them how to find the menu to change the tools that appear on the banner, which is hard enough to figure out because it's just a bunch…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Pourquoi vous avez changé l'outil de commentaire des pdf ? Avant, quand je sélectionnais du texte, il était automatiquement remplacé quand je tapais autre chose, maintenant, je dois faire *** manipulations avec la souris. Perte de temps, perte d'efficacité. Remettez ça comme c'était avant !

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Every time I draw a text callout box, it automatically deletes itself.

The only way I can add one to a file is by copying it from a different PDF.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Adobe needs to create a functionality that distinguishes highlights from comments. I have a long PDF with several thousand highlights, and it's nearly impossible to find my comments (which is the point of adding them) because you can't filter solely for comments when they're attached to highlights. if Kindle can do it, so can Adobe! Please add this feature; it is long overdue and makes operating within PDF so tedious.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear User,

Thank you for your valuable feedback!

We would greatly appreciate it if you could provide us with more details about the feature improvement you are suggesting. If possible, sharing a screenshot or screen recording of the issue you are facing would be incredibly helpful for us to better understand your concern.

Based on your feedback, our understanding is that you would like a filter option that distinguishes between empty highlights and highlights that contain notes. Please confirm if our understanding aligns with your request.

Your input is essential in helping us improve our services, and we are eager to address any issues you may encounter. Please feel free to share any additional information you think might be relevant.

Regards,

Arvind

9. Context: I am a Big 4 Auditor

We use Adobe Acrobat to annotate client financial statements. Year to year, our annotations on client documents are very similar so we will "Export all Comments to a Data File" from the prior year's annotated document and paste it on our current year's document then update the annotations as needed in the process of our audit. From what I understand, when a page is scanned and uploaded as a PDF, there is a directional "north" hard-coded into the sheet that cannot be changed. So, when we paste the prior year's annotations to the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Our team uses "send for comments" all day everyday. Currently we can only use "local server" to collect comments. When we use "send for comments" using adobe cloud, we lose most of the mark-up tools for collaborators to post comments. I recommend Adobe figure out how to have a full functional shared review via adobe cloud- same functionality / markup tools that are available in the local server option.

This is basic functionality that Adobe's competitors has already, and I think will end up leading to Adobe losing customers if the functionality is not expanded/improved.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Having a correct as you type feature would be incredibly useful. With the option to add your own words. This is a feature present across other Adobe programs and will be beneficial in Acrobat comments too.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. when pressing the U key on keyboard in the new acrobat reader UI for windows 64bit the selected tool is not the highlighter as intended but Underline tool.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. New Adobe UI has removed the ability to type over text in order to add PDF mark-up. Now you have to right-click and select 'Add Note to Replace Text'. This is very time-consuming for editors. Previous UI was much better.

My colleagues and I have reverted to the old version for now but hope the new UI will include the ability to type over text to add PDF mark-up.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. bug : after the last update , all my comments had converted into Incomprehensible symbols , i need mu comments back

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hi,
    There is a 'Comments property: Subject' choosable from the right-clicking on the Commentts List annotation type>Properties>General tab, where one might be able to give more individual Subjects to the same annotation type.

As an example,
    yellow Highlighted Text Subject: Note, Follow,
    blue Highlighted Text Subject: Refer, Read-it-Later, Look After, Download
    orange Highlighted Text Subject: Revision, In-Progress, Important
    etc.

It would be so great to make visible (chosen from the Commenting Preferences) the given Subject in an annotation on the Comments List next to the Author and Date. Even more, would be great to allow to Sort and Filter the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I used to be able to click on the spot of the text I wanted to add text, and I could just start typing; the comment would be created automatically; similarly, I could select text and just start typing for the replace text function. Now I have to make an extra click, on the toolbar menu. For manuscript editing, this adds annoying time.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It's often hard to see the line added by the Replace and Strikethrough tool. Being able to change the color helps, but being able to thicken the line would be a huge help to those with vision challenges. Why not give users the same properties that are available for the line tool?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The opacity setting for highlighting seems to apply to universally across all colors. I think a better approach would be to allow a different opacity setting for each color.

In my experience, there is no single opacity setting that provides decent readability for black on white text where the color of the highlighter is important. As a result, workflow suffers when having to adjust opacities after switching among colors, something that happens frequently when commenting my documents.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I mark up, comment, to 50 student scripts in a day. For every file I load, I have to click 3 buttons.
    How can I set up Reader so every time I open a file, all those buttons are already clicked?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. With workflows becoming increasingly electronic, Stamps need to evolve to allow the use of user-fillable form fields. An accounting approval stamp, for example, might have fields created for the post date, vendor, and account code. If InDesign, for many years now, is able to place InDesign files inside of InDesign file, why shouldn't it be possible to place (or stamp) a fillable PDF form into another PDF page while retaining the ability to fill the fields?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?