Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

730 results found

1. I can't find "add text comment" (without a border) tool in August 2023 Acrobat.

When I choose another similar sounding tool called "insert text comment" and clicking on a newly-created blank page, nothing happens. (I don't know what this for in either old or new version. It may have something to do with cursor?)

Workaround is to use "add text comment" (with a border), change properties to always have no border displayed and resize the border after typing.

The old version behavior of "add text comment" appeared to add text at position clicked on a page and then flowed right…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Adobe needs to create a functionality that distinguishes highlights from comments. I have a long PDF with several thousand highlights, and it's nearly impossible to find my comments (which is the point of adding them) because you can't filter solely for comments when they're attached to highlights. if Kindle can do it, so can Adobe! Please add this feature; it is long overdue and makes operating within PDF so tedious.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear User,

Thank you for your valuable feedback!

We would greatly appreciate it if you could provide us with more details about the feature improvement you are suggesting. If possible, sharing a screenshot or screen recording of the issue you are facing would be incredibly helpful for us to better understand your concern.

Based on your feedback, our understanding is that you would like a filter option that distinguishes between empty highlights and highlights that contain notes. Please confirm if our understanding aligns with your request.

Your input is essential in helping us improve our services, and we are eager to address any issues you may encounter. Please feel free to share any additional information you think might be relevant.

Regards,

Arvind

3. Our team uses "send for comments" all day everyday. Currently we can only use "local server" to collect comments. When we use "send for comments" using adobe cloud, we lose most of the mark-up tools for collaborators to post comments. I recommend Adobe figure out how to have a full functional shared review via adobe cloud- same functionality / markup tools that are available in the local server option.

This is basic functionality that Adobe's competitors has already, and I think will end up leading to Adobe losing customers if the functionality is not expanded/improved.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The opacity setting for highlighting seems to apply to universally across all colors. I think a better approach would be to allow a different opacity setting for each color.

In my experience, there is no single opacity setting that provides decent readability for black on white text where the color of the highlighter is important. As a result, workflow suffers when having to adjust opacities after switching among colors, something that happens frequently when commenting my documents.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. (Using Acrobat DC on a MacBook Pro running Monterey 12.6.3), Continuous Release 2023.001.20143)

I annotate PDF page proofs constantly. Just recently the Text Callout box started not updating in real time as it's being edited. The revised text appears after cmd-S Save, but doesn't appear while being edited. This happens when editing an existing Text Callout box, and also when adding to a new one that appears below (rather than above) the text being pointed at

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. BUG: In the convenient user-friendly previous version of Acrobat, a user could turn on the highlighter and then double click on a word or triple click on a paragraph to select, then move to the next segment to highlight.

In the current please, for God's sake roll it back, version of Acrobat, when trying to highlight by a double, a popup with a bubble, color chooser, and trash icon pops up before it's possible to double click on the word. It's impossible to dump the popup of useless tools to mark the word. ESC does not work, clicking around it…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Recreate Bug:
    -Select Comment tools
    -Select Drawing tools -> Text callout -> create a callout box
    -Type any text and then click away. The comment pane will show the corresponding text for the callout box
    -Select the comment in the Comment pane, edit the text and then click Post.

The text within the callout box will not update properly to the new edit.
    Only ways to fix it is to drag the callout box itself and move it a little bit and the text within the callout box will update, or have the user edit the text within the callout…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Need to be able to disable downloads or at the very least ask if you would like the download now,

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I review documents with comments from several coworkers. I'd like the option of having each commenter assigned a color. Then I would be able to scan the comments for a particular color to address that person's comments.

Right now, I can filter comments by person, but that removes everyone else's marks/comments from the page. I can sort the comments by date, so I just look at the newest ones, but that doesn't include replies to comments. And it makes it hard to get to the other comments on the same page.

Please add the option of each commenter choosing a…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please implement a feature where the text / callout box fill and text opacity can be adjusted independently. There are several instances where I want a translucent box and fully opaque text, but I can't perform this independent action.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. a lot of us use the stamp tool frequently, it is very cumbersome, needs to do many clicks to stamp for each page.
    let the user choose a default stamp to use repeatedly with one click only. other PDF software can do it. such as PDF-X change editor. I am sure The King- -acrobat DC pro should able to do it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When Replace Text is selected and a relevant portion of text is highlighted, a comment box doesn't automatically open up. If I choose this icon my aim is to replace the text, so why wouldn't a pop-up open automatically (or at least have an option to turn said feature on in settings/preferences)? Annoyingly, I need to right click and manually open the pop-up. Please fix or explain how I enable this feature.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please make the size of the commenting window resizeable.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. One of your recent updates broke my ability to use the yellow highlighter on the ribbon tool bar at the top in Acrobat to highlight text in PDF documents. This used to work great but now when I try to highlight, it grabs a huge area of the document and is completely useless now. See attachments. I use this all the time (or I did) so please fix this ASAP! Thanks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Inspite of adobe being the inventor of the pdf format, it doesn't seem to have smooth freehand pencil tool. The current pencil tool is quite unresponsive & sometimes lags in places like dots, small dashes etc.(unlike Microsoft Edge PDF viewer(its that smooth👌), & the eraser, oh my god, it clears away dashes & dots in all the places in the page, but doesn't seem to clear the mark in front of it completely .

Please work on these issues, it restricts your subscribers from a complete PDF commenting experience, many of my friends & others have started using different viewers…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It's good to have the color swatch for the highlight and underline and so... it can be super to have the possibility to have different highlight and underline with different colors in a toolbar, so instead to have to highlight and after changing the color, we can highlight or underline directly with the color we chose, like PDF expert

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When I'm in the Comments pane, I want to use shortcut to navigate between the comments (with the comments shown in the context). However, the documented shortcut (Tab/Shift-Tab) is not working. The arrow key (up/down) is working for some parts, but in some cases, pressing Down arrow key goes back to the first comment on the page (or in some case goes to the previous page's comment) instead of moving to the next comment.

Please help.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Highlights are currently rounded at the edges, which makes it difficult for editors and compositors to tell whether the highlight applies to surrounding punctuation, spaces, and other narrow characters. Additionally, the blue boxes that appear around the highlights when they are clicked on often extend past the text that was actually selected, which can cause further confusion for those who need to edit things precisely.

Straight edges on highlights would allow for a clearer and more accurate view of what is being commented on. Please make this is an option in the Commenting preferences.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I have some PDFs that I'd like to be able to draw on, either feedback on work for students or filling in templates. The pencil tool currently available doesn't do this smoothly (view screencapture example https://youtu.be/gr8UZYddzBo ). I'd like to be able to draw/write freehand like I can on a powerpoint presentation, so I can send notes and feedback to my students more easily.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. In the commenting mode for Acrobat DC Pro, there are "strikethrough", "replace", and "insert text" tools, among others.

When I select and copy some text (for example, to count the words or rephrase it in another window), it copies the original text and disregards anything crossed out or inserted. This means I have to re-do all the changes by hand.

It would be great if one could copy the text in a way that incorporates the changes, similar to how you can opt to copy text with or without formatting, in some programs.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 9 11 13 36 37
  • Don't see your idea?