Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

733 results found

1. Used to be when a text box was selected and the right click option "make current properties default" was chosen, that set the properties to all new text boxes permanently. Now I can chose this option, then change the text in a different text box and then next new text box that is created no longer has the default settings, it has the properties of the text box that was changed. Why have this option if it doesn't do what it says? This used to work in versions prior to Acrobat Pro DC 2019.012.20035. My idea, make it work like…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When I create a text box and then have to move it, no amount of single or double clicking will let me type text in the box. You can see in the attached movie that the cursor appears briefly, but then it disappears.

The only way to deal with it is to delete the box, recreate it, and hope that it will let you type text this time.

(The problem with that **** trash can has been covered separately.)

I work on books and have to make these text boxes hundreds of times a day. The added time it takes…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I used to choose highlighter tool and highlight sentences. Now a vertical line appears and highlights a diamond.

This needs to be corrected! Complete BS that this does not work.

If this is done purposely than it illustrates how the human mind of younger people working in tech has lost touch with all reality.

Once again great software deteriorating and making getting work more troublesome and costing people jobs.

Hail climate change and more C02!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Can you select Stamps, particularly favourites to be all always visible as opposed to having to open two menus to select a new one. Previous versions had this functionality, not sure if it's gone or hard to find now.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. This was a function in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. Please restore it ASAP. It is an important function for my business.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Graduate students, researchers and practitioners are required to stay up-to-date in their area of expertise. This means they regularly read academic papers, white papers, e-books, reports, and other documents that come as PDF.

Having a quick way to switch between colors when highlighting and commenting text (i.e., without relying on the "Comment" menu on the top of the screen) would allow more effective reading.

This could be easily implemented by including a "color" command in the contextual menu that pops up when hovering the mouse on the top of highlighted text (right now it shows "Add comment" and "delete" only).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Recreate Bug:

Open document
    Open Comment Tools
    Display Comment Window
    Highlight text to replace
    Create comment by highlighting text and typing.

Bug: The first character will be shown in the popup bubble and the comment window, but the rest will not be shown until the mouse is clicked away from the comment, completing the comment.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. instead of marking the whole document with one color why we cant add two marker pen buttons with different color. changing the color manually for each marking is so hard and make me out of concentration.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The summary of the comments creates a page for each corresponding comment. For example, page 2 has 3 comments, page 6 has one comment, etc. The summary creates a page for the comments on page 2 and page 6. Because the comments already identify the page where they are located, we should be able to simply get a list of all the comments in a document. All comments on 1 page or more if a bunch of comments. In my example, assuming the comments are not lengthy, the summary should generate 1 page with comments consecutively from pages 2 and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow me to use commenting tools multiple times without having to choose them again (and again, and again). Perhaps a double click to make the tool active until a single click turns it off. At the present time the pencil tool is the only one that stays active once it is selected.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. How do you hide the 'comment list"? It pops up every time I try to make something and it doesn't automatically adjust the document and takes up so much of the screen. Very annoying.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Document made in Acrobat Pro DC 2018 and sent for review.
    Came back with multiple comments. Those of them that got fixed got marked. Then I could come back later and show only unmarked comments. It works just fine in 2018 version. But with New Acrobat Pro DC 2019.008.20080 it does not work. As soon as i click on the filter button to sort the comments the whole Acrobat gets jammed. I have tried several times, also restarted computer. So there must be something wrong here.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi ,
    Thanks for reaching out to us. We regret the inconvenience caused to you.
    We have tried at our end to reproduce the issue but we are unable to do so.
    Can you provide the review link of the review file or a local copy of the review file with all the comments to investigate further ?

13. Comments worked better before this new update of 2019

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. You need to clean-up / simplify your comment circle icons, the previous version had non-distracting icons, in the newest version all I can pay attention to is how poor the "text-replace" icon is, scales poorly.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hello,

I'm a graphic designer and receive a lot of amends to work via PDFs using comments I can have upto 200 comments to deal with. Previously you had authors names in different colours so you could clearly pick out the changes. Now with the new update, all fonts are in black or grey. It needs to be at least customisable for the viewer to change this in the preferences.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Removing the Accept check box in the comments field was a terrible idea. Right clicking to a dropdown menu or clicking on ... to get to the dropdown is archaic.
    When you have hundreds of changes on a document this adds up fast to inefficiency.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. You need to be able to set the text callout bubble height and width of the comment boxes without having to resize every single one individually. This is a huge waste of time. And I think it would make this program more efficient.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Setting 'Initial View' preference to show 'Page' and 'Comment List' on opening would be great for me please (via Document Properties). Thanks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Setting 'Initial View' preference to show 'Page' and 'Comment List' on opening would be great for me please (via Document Properties). Thanks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Strikethrough lines to mark text deletions and text revisions use only one line width that cannot be changed. The lines can be difficult to spot, especially when a full page is viewed or when the line's color blends with the text's color or the font's stroke width and the line's width are similar. With newer monitors having higher resolutions or graphics processors providing finer lines, strikethrough lines can appear very differently from the editor's monitor to the reader's monitor. A viewer's vision limitations should also be considered.
    Bottom line, allow strikethrough line width to be set to something higher than…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?