Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

733 results found

1. A simple shortcut for setting 'Complete'-status on a comment in Acrobat

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When I use Adobe acrobat Pro to read pdfs on my tablet or touchscreen laptop it can be awkward to easily switch between scroll and highlight. Perhaps integrate smart tap features like for other adobe fresco, e.g., three taps to redo, two taps to undo, one finger to select, two finger drag to scroll. Also I keep needing to undo my highlights because I'm uncoordinated! Rather than always having to go into the drop down menu please make undo more accessible. Currently there are all these other buttons visible that i never use, why not something i use all the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. At the moment from InDesign, when exporting interactive documents, we have Publish Online or Interactive PDFs. Neither of which support reviewing/commenting very well.

When trying to use the commenting tools in Acrobat you cannot select text for replacement in any rollover state textboxes. Uploading interactive documents to the document cloud only supports static pages, InDesign's own review document functionality doesn't support interactivity and Publish Online doesn't support any means of providing feedback - although it does support interactivity.

Come on Adobe! The web has been alive to interactivity since day 0. You are supposed to be the defacto authority on…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. In some adobe pdf files, the highlight appears much bigger than the highlighted text. It could be due to the specific design of the font. This, however, makes reading and highlighting this specific document annoying. Could you please address this issue and allow the users to change the "highlight color width" regardless of the font/fontsize?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. According to the Adobe Acrobat DC keyboard Shortcut page.

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/keyboard-shortcuts.html#sa_src=web-messaging

The shortcut Shift +U should "Cycle through highlighting tools: Highlighter, Underline Text, Cross Out Text" It does not work, I am stuck in the Cross Out Text tool.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The filters on the Commenting feature work well to filter by e.g. author, checked status, colour.

What we need is to be able to export just the filtered results.
    What happens is that Acrobat ignores the filter, even when choosing 'Export just the selected comments' and exports the entire list to a data file. This is after filtering AND selecting all the comments that have been filtered. Somewhat illogical behaviour.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The freeform highlighter tool is accessible in commenting mode and normal view mode, but disappears in full-screen and reverts to a text-only highlighter. For large scanned documents, it would be great if the existing freeform highlighter tool could be used in full-screen mode via the existing Shift-U shortcut.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. We need a way to automatically hide the Comments pane that pops up on the right-hand side of a PDF with comments without asking users to manually change their Adobe preferences.

I create PDF deliverables for a living and there have been situations where a client wants me to embed documents in a PDF via the Comment Tool, but they don't want the Comment pane to open when their employees or customers open the PDF.

I have attached a screenshot of the Adobe Preference window. The preferences outlined in red are the ones that control the Comment pane pop-up. I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Adobe can do better with the Markup tool as more people are transitioning to digital. I used to use Bluebeam and mark up drawings for review. I'm using Adobe now and I cannot change the text size inside the Text Callout that I drew. How inconvenience is this?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please create a feature where you can change settings so you can choose your default for opening and viewing documents. This way you have the option of Landscape or Portrait. Currently, you only have the option of Portrait, then you must edit to Landscape. It causes projects to be cut apart, and you're unable to move pieces from one page to another. This would be the best alternative, especially when working with Excel spreadsheets. Thank you so much for taking the time to look over my suggestion. I hope you find it useful as well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The new themes available are very distracting for commenting on documents. Please allow us to revert to something more closely resembling the Acrobat XI theme, or at least allow for something between the Light Gray and Dark Gray display themes, so attention can be more focused on the page instead of the tools. Also please allow the comment sidebar to be made more narrow, as it takes up about 1/3 of a view when viewing two files on a single screen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hello,

When deleting comments in a PDF-document in Adobe Acrobat Pro, the comments themselves are indeed removed, but if these comments were once accepted or rejected, this information stays around in the PDF document. Adobe Acrobat Pro know to ignore it and doesn't show it, but when opening that document on iOS for example, that information is still shown as some sort of comment, which is impossible to find (and thus remove) in Adobe Acrobat, because Adobe ignores these.

This is highly undesirable. Can this be fixed please?

Thank you,
    Best regards,
    Jeroen

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. For a PDF with 50+ review comments it would be nice to have a shortcut for changing the status to 'Complete', instead of right clicking every boks. Same for the new 'share for review' feature.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please allow the user to draw a straight line with the highlight tool. Trying to track a straight line through text with the mouse is nearly impossible. It blows my mind that this feature is not available in a PDF reader that costs $180 per year

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. For the last two weeks or since the last "visible" Acrobat Pro update, the Comment Set Status flyouts don't show up at all (but sometimes they do). Turning on the check box in the app preferences does not "wake up" the feature (an idea of mine that did not work ...besides, trying to toggle the check box is also dead). I had posted this problem here already (see below) but the Admin, Arvind, marked it "solved" because I told him it was... but it was not.

https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/44150748-set-status-dead-after-latest-update

This issue seems to show up intermittently; sometimes, it resolves itself after relaunching…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I came in with a notification to log into Adobe Creative Suite for profile setup. After running the the dialog box to set up the profile, I lost all comments on shared Acrobat files. That is over 5 hours of review comments lost. Is there a way to retrieve those comments? I have no interest in reviewing a 90 page document again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear Customer,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We are looking into the issue reported by you and will try our best to resolve it. Meanwhile could you please give us the below info and let us know.

1. This issue happens to you for one specific file or on everyone.
    2. Could you please try opening the shared file from Web(Browser) and let us know if comments are visible or not.
    3. Also please share error if you got any.

18. When viewing a document that has comments from a year ago, it would be helpful if the comments had the option to include the year of original posting in order to differentiate. For example, when a document has a comment from July 23, 2020, it only shows as "July 23" within Adobe, making the comment seem more recent.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please enable the ability to save multiple commenting styles similar to PDF Xchange by Tracker. It is very helpful to have a few different styles set up so I can, for example, use connected line tools to highlight several different things on a drawing in different colors, thickness, opacity.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Recently, the highlighter tool would remain selected so that I was able to use it to highlight multiple bits of text without having to select the tool for each thing I wanted to highlight. Now, I must re-select the tool each time, resulting in hundreds of extraneous clicks. How can I get the highlighter tool to stay selected?

This problem only began in the last week or so.

Thanks for your help.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?