Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

733 results found

1. Allow special characters in comments such as zero width non-joiner, non-breaking space, non-breaking hyphen, forced line-breaks (not paragraph breaks), etc. and provide an option to display them like InDesign’s “Display Hidden Characters”.

It is an indispensable feature for workflows where copy editors and typesetters use PDF comments to correct texts that will then be imported into InDesign for review.

Furthermore, comment text fields should allow invoking macOS Emoji & Symbols palette (see https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/mchlp1560/mac) to easier input.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. There used to be a great feature where you could click a box to "keep tool selected" so you keep using the same tool, over and over again without clicking on the Icon again and again and again. It was especially useful when reviewing a large document where you wanted to highlight several passages or for adding text, etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Acrobat (years ago) had this ability, I believe.

Currently, we can expand/collapse all comments.
    We can also expand/collapse comments for an entire page.

Please add an option at the comment level that would expand/collapse the replies to a specific comment.

When a page has 30 markups, and each markup has 5 replies (yes, this has happened :-)), there are now 150 comments showing in the comment list for just that single page.

Being able to collapse a comment thread would be a massive improvement in usability of the commenting feature, I believe.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Since InDesign CC2019 has the ability to import PDF comments for quicker apply of text corrections, it would be of enormous help, to be able to change the comment type in Acrobat.

Some proof readers e.g. use the markup comment type to change text. But InDesign doesn’t allow the markup comment type to be executed with a simple klick on »Apply«.
    Or they use »delete text« comment type, althought they wanted to change text. But in InDesign »delete text« simply deletes, but doesn’t insert the comment’s text.

So if I’d be able to change the type of a comment easily,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I ask my clients to provide edits via PDF comments. Even as a person with normal vision, it is hard to tell which comment bubble is presently active (e.g. via clicking on a comment in the side panel). On images or busy pages it can become like an advent calendar search. The contrast of the bubble background and its dotted border are inadequate (even with opacity set to 100). Contrast between inactive and active (selected) comment bubble needs to be vastly improved, perhaps by size and not just colour.

I would use the PDF comments import in InDesign instead but…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. at the same location from previous page when selecting a text block and try to highlight it, switches to previously highlighted text in previous page and change the whole text block to that previous text.
    if ( Text in page 2) highlighted it will change to (text in page 1) in order to reverse this need to change the page and back again until it works
    also, the selected text disappear after finishing from selecting along with the options that appears after selection.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Highlight feature not working properly. It selects a large chunk of the page to highlight.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The bookmark tool only allows you to change the colourt of the text and not the background colour.

It would be useful to be able to have say yellow tabs with black text

It would be useful to have simple coloured bookmarks which operate like coloured tabs in level arch files. These can mark out a particular top eg jet engine fan blade orders

In addition these can be nested sorted/arranged if necessary with secondary labels/hidden text which appears when you hover over them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. -It would be really great if you added a tool or section in the program to show a list of all highlighted areas with the ability to search and select between them.
    And also another section to do these for comments.
    -The highlight tool can work in bookmark panel.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would like to have the date show up in the sticky note.

Currently, only the Author and time show up.

Why not have all three? It would be very helpful, as I currently have to key in today's date every time I enter an order or if I reply to the sticky note.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The Highlighter yellow is very faint since the last update. It comes full color when drawing but upon release of the mouse button it fades away.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please provide an option to keep a stamp selected to use multiple times in a row. For instance, I use stamps to place checkmarks on documents and I have to click the stamp each time I want to place it as it deselects after every placement.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    You can achieve this by pin tool option.
    Please find the steps:
    -Open any PDF
    -Load comment app
    -Click on Stamp tool icon and then click on any stamp —> Stamp gets selected
    -Click on the pin tool icon(see the attached snapshot for reference)
    -Now apply stamp, it will not get deselected.

Kindly let us know if it helps or you need more info.

Regards,
    Arvind Yadav

13. (checked) checkmarks should be visible for others that open the file > that way you can share which comments are done and which are not.
    Orrr make the status more accessible so you don't have to right click / drop down to check it. If you have over 100 comment to check it is too tedious a job :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When right-clicking a comment in Acrobate DC, I get the option to delete it, but to mark it as 'resolved', I have to use the comment column. Deleting a comment is not preferred, because it leads to the reviewers thinking they have missed a spot, while a resolved comment still gets highlighted when they go the document. It would be much easier for all those quick fixes to be able to resolve them on the spot instead of having to look them up and resolve them in the comments pane.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. After the update, no longer able to change font settings of comments (ie font size, font color, etc.). After reaching out to help desk, it was indicated that this can only be done in the "Edit pdf" tool which only works once comments are embedded in the document. This does not make sense as I still need the comments to be "live" so that further edits can be made in the future. This is especially upsetting as I work on pdf's that are 24X36 and need the comments to stand out but the size is so small, it gets lost…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hello. I regularly use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for reading PDFs for school. With some kinds, I can just highlight the text normally, and that works great. Congratulations and great job! However, sometimes my professors simply photocopy pages from a book, and I have to draw on highlights. Does that make sense? Now, here's the issue. Sometimes, when I draw it in a straight enough line, it automatically makes it straight. That's nice, HOWEVER, sometimes it doesn't follow the line of the text and doesn't match up with the way the text is on the page. I've attached a sample…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The name of the checkbox is confusing. “Transparent”, in the design field, means something totally different that what it does in Acrobat. Transparency can have degrees, and not so with a checkbox. The industry standard term that should be used is “No Fill”.

I wrote further explanation about why this is so confusing. http://documentgeek.blogspot.com/2019/09/acrobat-dc-how-to-have-drawing-markup.html

Users are clamoring for the ability to have No Fill, and they don’t know that it already exists because the naming is inconsistent and the feature is only implemented in 2 of the 4 different dialog boxes that are available to choose colors.

Attached are each…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Customizing the comment icon with numbers so user can see the order of comments. This will be helpful for UX designers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Anonymous review (especially commenting) of PDF documents is an absolutely essential feature for academics. We are required to do anonymous peer reviews of manuscripts submitted for publication on a regular basis. This used to be simple, but is now impossible, unless one wishes to change each comment on a one-by-one basis. If you don't restore this basic functionality, you risk losing a huge group of users.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When copying text from a dark mode app on Mac (Mail app) and pasting it into the comment box in Acrobat the the formatting stays which creates white text on a white comment box, ie invisible. The workaround is to highlight the text, right click, and "clear formatting". This adds lots of time as we do this frequently. See screenshots for a better explanation. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?