Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1186 results found

1. I am trying to make some minor edits to PDF's, which I do regularly. The last couple of days, after working in Adobe for a while, I have run into a problem where, after each key stroke, the active window I am working in, deselects itself and I can't type anymore until I re-select it. Literally after every single keystroke.

I am on an HP Pro3500 Series CPU, Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit, 4 GB RAM, connected to a work server.

Any ideas?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. work with two documents at this time, when work in optimize cant open another document, need can do it

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In Acrobat Pro DC on Windows 10, a text annotation could not input in 2 page layout with scroll.
    Firstly, input text with text annotaion tool to left page. Secondly, input text to right page. I could not input text to right page.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. AFTER AN UPDATE I CAN NOT LONGER SAVE MY PDF I CLICK SAVE OR SAVE AS AN THE BOX OPENS BUT THERE IS NO WRITING NO DROP DOWN BOXES hp

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I loath, with such passion, the new format of this software. The mutliple tabs, the obscure locations of tools that used to be easily found. Seriously acrobat. wtf.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Lately when I move pages around in the thumbnail preview and save (then close). When I (or my client) open the pdf it opens (defaults) to the page that WAS page 1 in the original InDesign document, instead of the rearranged pdf page 1. e.g. It would open to the middle of the pdf.

i.e. The pdf has saved the page rearrangement but it opens to the 'old' page 1.

My only workaround is to create another InDesign file, rearrange the pages and export. This is because my document is a 4pp double-page spread, so page 1 is in fact…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I am creating a PDF by combining multiple separate PDFs into one document. It will be used as a handbook, combining many different types of guidelines from contact lists and text to maps and graphics. PDF will allow people to download the full handbook for offline use but edit it often, replacing old versions of the combined documents whenever necessary. A automatically updating table would be extremely beneficial to this project as I anticipate people will be removing, adding and replacing pages often.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When modifying a scanned document, Acrobat automatically launches an OCR process, which is indeed very useful. But, as I work either in French or in English, very often the language is not appropriate and it is only AFTER this process that the language is displayed. In the case of a bad language choice, I have to change the language and Acrobat restarts the OCR process with the correct language. So, I would like to suggest to add (perhaps as an option to be set in the preference dialog box) BEFORE the start of the OCR process the display of a…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Creating a feature request on behalf of a pre-release user--

Problem Description: I have often the problem that there are fonts in a large pdf files embedded which are not right also created if combining many single pdf files.

Feature Request: A tool to search for fonts, especial for embedded/substituted unknown fonts used in the document
    and a possibility to replace or change it to the right font in one step . At the moment changing fonts is only possible by manually searching an replacing.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. My problem is I audit large documents, usually multiple page documents scanned in pdf files. I often find the documents have been scanned in the wrong order ie last page first. Companies employ cheap labour and they do not care of the page order when they are scanning the document or they put it throughs the scanner the wrong way.
    A useful feature would be to have a way to reverse the order of the pages or of a number of pages very simply.
    It appears to be a common problem but I see people talking about writing scripts. I…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I keep having trouble when using Adobe. I am a long time customer though I am not using it a lot and got issues each time I am using it. This time something that should be done in 2 clicks is to delete a couple of pages from a doc. I can select them but the delete function doesn't work or I got a pop-in message saying that I am not permitted!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I am using Windows 10 and Acrobat DC.

Issue: I am unable to crop a page because the Set Page Box window does not have a scroll bar. So I cannot scroll down to where the OK button would be to execute the action.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. allow easy selection of each element and the editing of said elements. This program is no where near user friendly and by the way...paying extra for each ability of a program because the company gives it its own name, is completely ridiculous.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I sometimes need to selectively edit a portion of a pdf, but when I click on Edit PDF, the OCR process messes up the format, or changes fonts to the point that it would be virtually impossible to recreate the "messed up" portion of the PDF. I realize that this is very likely due to the fact that the document was not originally created in Acrobat, but was probably scanned or converted from a document created from, say, MS Word, or similar program. But, as a former programmer, I think that it would be possible ... i.e., to selectively choose…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would like to remove the Trash Icon that comes up every time i select an edit on PDFs. This gets in the way of my edits and i accidentally end up deleting things. This must have been on the most recent update because i never use to have this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. In the Acrobat DC program there is no function “select the same fill / stroke color. Such a function exists in the program Illustrator and I often use it. The ability to select an object by color can help me remove unnecessary markup from a PDF file without opening the file in Illustrator.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Adobe reader is too simple and Adobe DC is too powerful.
    You need to be meeting businesses to have an Adobe where you can create forms, add stamps, combine pages and sign but not edit the document. Just to focus liabilities on people who have editing capabilities.
    Editing capabilities should be a feature that can be turned off at installation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. when I open the crop dialogue I want to turn pages to see what happens to other pages after crop is done but there is no such option and I can only know this only after the cropping is done. If it gone wrong in some pages I have to Ctrl+z and cop again while i'm guessing the future output!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I would love to have the ability to select an embedded font of your choosing and change its formatting across the entire document. Enfocus PitStop allows you to do global font replacement, but adding the ability to change size, color, and other formatting would be a major time-saver.

Thanks,
    Brian

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When text editing a PDF, and the user changes the color of the text font in the color palette, if the user moves to another word, sentence, or paragraph, even next to or on the same page as the original text edit, the color of the color palette reverts the editor back to "black" text. The user then must open the color palette AGAIN and chose the color wanted for subsequent text editing. If there are hundreds of text edits in the PDF, the user is forced to open the color palette hundreds of times to change the text editing…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?