Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1186 results found

1. In the past few weeks, I have had issues editing PDF's. Now, this is something I do regularly but this issue has just started to happen.
    I get multiple editing boxes overlaying each other and images, If i am editing text the text box may be overlapped with other text box/es.
    They are sorted of layered but only part of each box is editable, therefore I really cant edit anything withour mucking up the formatting of the whole document. These docs are produced by me and saved as PDF's but when I need to edit to update etc it is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. ABILITIY TO EDIT PDF's in SharePoint

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. To Whom it may concern for future developments,

In many cases .pdfs being saved have to be changed manually from #.pdf or untitled.pdf to a specific sometimes longer saved document names.
    Thus far there isn't a way to insert the existing title into a header or footer and have it upgrade automatically (or copied into the header or footer upon printing or opening and saving or transferring). It would safe countless hours having to manually changing the title. I have 1500-2500+ pages I have to upgrade at least twice when changing the titles of the saved .pdf documents. This is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. to be able to save directly to apple ICloud drive, at the moment I have to save it loacally and copy it to the icloud drive to share it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We have been experiencing problems in pdf file conversion (pdf to jpeg format). The font style changes all throughout (stretched and ambiguous), totally different from the acrobat pdf output.

Consider this utmost importance as we are having a project deadline.

Your immediate response to this matter will be highly appreciated.

With regards,
    CV Team

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be helpful if there was a Redaction Properties menu bar that could be more easily and quickly accessible when redacting a PDF document. The attached file is a picture of the properties menu I am referring to. If those options could be placed on a menu that was available on the top or side of an open PDF, that would be great!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I don't see a Save As so we can save the new document with a different name. This is something that is important to me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. the indexed searching is not working anymore in newer acrobat versions...it worked in older versions..why is that?..it embeds , it saves....but the search is just ordinary......I used to get results of word searches within milliseconds in the previous versions with indexed searching...(OS-Mac)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When reviewing existing PDFs I am unable to draw shapes such as rectangles or lines. I have checked the properties and they show 1pt red color selected. This has not been a problem until recently, I've been able to do this on PDF files for the past 15+ years. I have no problem using the yellow highlighter on text, however, just the shape tools. This problem occurs on most PDFs but not all.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add image to footer header such as corp logo
    Competitors of Adobe seem to all have the function or feature

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. "box" around highlighted text cannot be removed; once a section of text is highlighted the text is "separated" from the rest of the text and cannot be "normalized" even if the color is removed using the properties function

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. BUG: Can't resize a PDF in one dimension, keeping the other as is. When changing only one dimension it scales the whole pdf proportionally. I want to squash the height or length ONLY without scaling the whole PDF.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I am a scientist. In my field we process and review many pdf documents and need to take notes on these documents to perform proper experiments.Often we are combining knowledge from several pdf sources by writing notes on the sides. I am requesting you make personal commenting and highlighting available on locked pdf documents. It is very annoying to have to print and jot notes and underline text of importance. Often our documents are hundreds of pages long and this is not practical. Find a way to allow these features in a locked pdf document. Perhaps this could be done…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Having serious issues saving files on Mac running OS X 10.14.5. taking several minutes to save files of less than 1MB. Hope you have a fix

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ever since getting Adobe Acrobat DC Pro (version 2019.010.20100) on a new Windows 10 64-bit Enterprise client , any time I open a PDF to do anything (edit, PDF, Organize Pages, or just leave the PDF open without selecting any tool), I have about 45 seconds before Acrobat locks up and is unresponsive. Every time I have to close the program. I have to go to another workstation running Windows 7 Professional SP1 and use Acrobat Pro 2015.006.30456, which runs flawlessly. Do I have to make a request to roll my machine back to Windows 7 in order to solve…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be nice to have the option to "default" the deletion of the pages I'm extracting instead of clicking this option every single time. :(

Whenever I extract a page or pages from what I scanned in bulk, I don't need to keep the bulk pdf, so I delete the pages as I go to finish saving them as pdfs individually.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. On different files, I've gotten the following error: "There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired". This occurred after adding text to a PDF.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I would like to use a keyboard shortcut to insert a link to a webpage (Word uses CTRL+K). Right now, I can't even get easy access to that action through the Quick Tool bar because only the "Auto-Create Web Linksfrom URLs" and "Remove Web Links" are an option.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When in the "Organize Pages" view, you can hover your cursor over a single page and a toolbar appears beside the page, giving you the option to Rotate Left, Rotate Right, Delete, or Insert. However, this toolbar does not intercept mouse clicks from passing through to the thumbnail of the page. So say your page needs to rotate 180 degrees, and you quickly click one of the rotate icons twice. If the thumbnail view of the page is behind the icon (for instance, an 8.5x11 page in landscape), then the thumbnail interprets the double-click as a command to open that…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?