Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1186 results found

1. I love the idea that we are able to share PDFs online and allow invited users to comment on the PDF. But why in God's name would you not allow the PDF to be modified and the edits viewable without deleting and then having to reshape the document. Backwards thinking Adobe.
    • Allow moderator or selected individuals to collaborate and share the PDF for online review
    • Allow moderator to make edits and save back to cloud so viewers can view changes without having to delete the file, unsure the file and then resubmit sharing to those same people

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I don't mind the new interface, but there are so many bugs in the latest Acrobat update that I'm not able to use the Edit PDF tool outside of very simple tasks. Here's some of the things I'm not able to do now,

• I'm not able to select multiple objects, text boxes, etc. with the Shift key
    • I'm not able to select multiple items by dragging the mouse over several objects, text boxes, etc.
    • When I try to add text on top of an existing text box (like a line on a form), the new text box is now added…
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Since the new acrobat update, I can barely edit my pdf's without the screen refreshing over and over. It is not tolerable to use because it takes too long to add text. What is going on? Do I need to find a new product? Can you fix this? Do I need to change a setting?
    I wish you would stop making "improvements":

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The most recent update to Adobe Acrobat Pro is awful. The worst. You can't barely update and fill in PDFs. Creating text is impossible. And the program runs so slow it's not worth using. Please revert back to the former version that was actually useful. Or at least let me download a former version. This is just terrible.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be very useful to be able to change the form types from one to another without delete them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Every time I save the document, characters are omitted at random throughout the document. It is impossible to edit even on the web version and will randomly change fonts when I copy and paste text to different pages within the same document.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please take a look at bluebeam, and see how well it works to mark-up documents, add text, signature, images, highlighting, drawing, and circling.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. While sometimes dragging the mouse over the pdf to make a highlight box the selection gets like curved. (See image)

And yes I know it's just a little bug and looks cool

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Topic: bad PDF file handling in worst case situations.
    2. Situation: you open a PDF from a network drive and start to edit, then the network connection gets lost. Several issues might now occur, see below.
    3. Windows 10
    4. It would be expectable that Acrobat can still save the file, because it resides in memory or Acrobat has a cache and can save from there.
    5. What happened: A file has been opened from a network drive, something that's common in companies with many PCs. The first issue was that this approx. 40 MB file had a lot of comments and while scrollin/skipping…
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I feel very upset about the new interface. It's confusing and very hard to find tools, or some are missing, or some are misplaced. Not user friendly in any level. Completely hate it. Just want the old version back. Add a button upfront to switch back that actually will not switch back the next time a new file is open.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. This is not an Idea, but a very bad bug. When processing the attached PDF using the preflight profile
    Sheet Offset CMYK (GWG 2015), the glpyhs are randomly placed on the pages, rendering the PDF unusable.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Whenever I am using the measurement tool (started about two weeks ago) any mouse movement causes the application to seize and stop responding. It seems to be getting overwhelmed by trying to highlight potential snap options. As I mouse toward a desired feature, a neighboring feature will be highlighted and the app freezes. This is a new bug, had not happened until a recent software update.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 2023.006.20320 Redacting Bug.

Redacting does not work in the new interface.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When drawing there should be an option such that when selected the cursor will always draw a new object on click, even if proximal to an already existing object, unless the dedicated select mode is in use. At present, even if you have another tool selected, trying to do something such as drawing a grid of boxes is painfully difficult, as drawing such that the boxes would have shared edges simply tries to adjust the bounds of the existing box.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Would be nice to be able to highlight words, sentences, or sections while in read mode. Give it a more realistic feel and allow you to read and mark important sections.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When I use the organize pages tool and select odd pages, Acrobat quits. I can select even pages with no issues, so I have no clue what is going on. It happens EVERY TIME.

I do have the latest version of Enfocus PitStop installed, but I haven't had a chance to uninstall PitStop to see if that is part of the problem.

I am on Mac OS Sonoma 14.0.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When specifying a date field in a form there is just about every date format available except dd/mm/yyyy - it has to be added as a custom format each time. This is commonly how dates are written in Australia/NZ, would be very handy to have this in the list.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Can you explain? Because i like to compare side by side 2 pdf, i detach a pdf on a new window, but Adobe freezes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When I go to add multiple pages to my PDF, the same page is inserted multiple times, rather than the different pages I have selected.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Previously, when adding text, you could click anywhere and add the text. Now, with the "improved" adobe, when you select add text, it shows all text fields so if you need to add text within a paragraph (like when adding details to blank lines in contracts) you have to add to the side and drag and drop. It has more then doubled the amount of time I take to do my contracts and waivers now.

Just revert back to when adding text you can just click to type anywhere and its not showing every single text box on the page…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?