Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1205 results found

1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. On a PC with Windows 10 Build 1803 and among other things “Adobe Acrobat DC” and “Adobe Acrobat Reader DC” installed, “Adobe Acrobat DC” version 15.016.20039 crashes when at the opening and editing more than one documents. There is no error message displayed and there is no error report generated. Sometimes it is offered to recover the documents and sometimes the recovering succeeds. During my investigation I saw that there are entries written in the Event Viewer at the start of the PC and at the time the error occurs on the executable acrobat.exe, the dll acrobat.dll with the error…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In the Acrobat DC program there is no function “select the same fill / stroke color. Such a function exists in the program Illustrator and I often use it. The ability to select an object by color can help me remove unnecessary markup from a PDF file without opening the file in Illustrator.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Previously, The remove printer marks Fixup would function correctly and remove all marks (regardless if they were touching the bleed). Around the time of the last InDesign update, the Fixup does not work any longer. If the marks are touching the bleed in any way, they are not removed. Can it be corrected to remove all marks regardless if the crops are in the bleed or not. Or have a separate Fixup created to remove all marks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Adobe reader is too simple and Adobe DC is too powerful.
    You need to be meeting businesses to have an Adobe where you can create forms, add stamps, combine pages and sign but not edit the document. Just to focus liabilities on people who have editing capabilities.
    Editing capabilities should be a feature that can be turned off at installation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Prior to Acrobat DC I could add a variety of markups/items (shapes, lines, text boxes) to a PDF and then select them by dragging over them with the arrow tool and then copy them either with a CTRL-C or by holding down the control key and dragging further. None of this now works in DC and that makes it much harder to use.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Fonts from pdfs created in Bridge output module create errors in Acrobat Pro. Verdana, Arial

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. After an automatic Update on a Terminal Server installation (Server 2016) users can not add or replace images on pdfs.

Warning: unknown Error
    Info Box: The Image can not convert and add to the document.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would like to be able to return to my original document after exercising a link to another document or page by using a key such as f4

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When the "Comment" menu is open, copy and paste are disabled, until the menu is closed. So in the process of adding mark ups and comments, you need to open the Comment menu to add a mark up, then close it to copy and paste to use that markup else where on that page or another, then re-open the comment menu, and continue back and forth.

The copy and paste option must be available with the comment menu open or the functionality of the program, which we use primarily to mark up and comment on pdf's, is totally lost.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. In the order tool, besides all the insert options Adobe Acrobat already has, add a new option that will be called: "Capture Adobe Acrobat Printer job".
    When you select that option, the Adobe Acrobat will show a message "Waiting pdf print job".
    Then, any document printed in the Adobe PDF Printer will be inserted in the place you have selected.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Consistently telling me there is an error and will not allow me to edit PDFs

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I am getting issues with scrolling documents - for viewing or editing - on Acrobat DC on Windows - all software up to date.

As I scroll down instead of the document moving clearly I get multiple repeats of the individual lines making the document unreadable.

It is only resolved by scrolling up a few lines and the document 'catching back up' with itself

This 1st occurred when I had Acrobat DC open on 2 windows - it now seems to happen after the program being open for a certain period of time - 15 - 20 minutes, whether I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. "undo" should be a simple button you can add to the tool bar similar "Word"

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I am trying to make some minor edits to PDF's, which I do regularly. The last couple of days, after working in Adobe for a while, I have run into a problem where, after each key stroke, the active window I am working in, deselects itself and I can't type anymore until I re-select it. Literally after every single keystroke.

I am on an HP Pro3500 Series CPU, Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit, 4 GB RAM, connected to a work server.

Any ideas?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. it is useful that allowing user like researcher to search notes and highlight text only and extract it with the source text as a new flies. it will improve the effectivity when people want to find their ideas in a long pdf.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Up until very recently, I could "edit" a pdf to change an address, and the formatting would not change. Now, when I highlight the incorrect address and paste a new one in, it makes my text align right and messes up the whole document. Then I have to reformat. It's very annoying. Yes, I realize that pdfs in general aren't files to edit, but this is necessary because they're generated by our website, and sometimes mistakes need corrected. Regeneration is not an option.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Bug found when editing PDFs. I was trying to edit a PDF file which was read-only, created by myself in Photoshop so I'm certain I had saved it as a read-only pdf. I tried editing it using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and was allowed to do so up until I tried to save the file. When I tried 'printing' it so I can export it as a pdf, it came up with an error "File not found. Check the filename and try again.". When I tried Saving as... it came up with "The file may be read-only, or another user…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be helpful if it was possible to automatically add a fill color behind the header/footer in order to be able to see the header text. It isn't always beneficial to have to shrink the document in order to get white space to see the header text.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Can align but not distribute objects evenly.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?