Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1205 results found

1. we can't create text box and background color in adobe pro DC. the option is available in adobe pro only. better the same option should include in Pro DC

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. How can a dynamic field for the filename be added to a footer. There is a button for page number & date only. This is a huge deficiency.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Currently, Adobe Acrobat only allow users to add headers to "all pages in range", "to even pages only" or "to odd pages only". It'll be great if Adobe Acrobat can add more flexibility and allow users to specify single pages and pages in range in the same window.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The placement and removal of tool symbols on the display on the top of the page is hard to control and unnecessarily complicated. It is clear how to add tools to the display by selecting the upward arrow, but why can't I remove tools in a similar manner? Why are the 'custom quick tools' hidden behind two other menu items? Ideally, one should be able to replace the displayed items by dragging their symbols on and off the display bar. There is a huge advantage of convenience when the tool is pinned to the top display bar versus having to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It used to work fine until a couple of weeks ago. Now I get the following popup "Adobe Acrobat cannot start the image editing application you've specified. Verify the image editing application location on the Content Editing panel in Preferences". I did as instructed...and added the path to MS Paint program. I restarted the Adobe DC several times, but keep getting the same popup. Every time I go to check the Preferences, it shows the correct path. Adobe just fails to open MS Paint.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  amukherj responded

Happy to share that this issue has been addressed in the latest release (Sep 2022)

6. The crash is persistent across all user accounts on this windows 10 computer. I tried checking for updates (none available), repair uninstallation, re-installation, and a clean uninstall using the Adobe cleanup tool. I originally suspected Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit which has been on the computer for over a year, so I uninstalled it but the behavior persists. The faulting module is IDRSKRN15.DLL.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. How do you combine a Docusign PDF with a physically signed PDF into a single fully executed document without losing the digital signatures

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. As an architect, whenever I create a plan or document that needs to have an area measured by square feet, I use the MEASURE tool, change the scale to .250/sf, for ex. Then I save it and close it. When I need to go back in to that plan at a later date, I want to be able to highlight the measured area and show the scale that was utilized to measure the area, not just the total square foot measured.

Any chance for this option in Preferences?

Russell

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Bug report

Latest Acrobat DC Pro version (20.009.20063) has introduced a bug where the button "Combine files in Acrobat" in Windows right click context menu does not work as expected. Seemingly randomly it stops working - clicking on the context menu option does nothing, no error. After a restart to the system it works again, but just for some time. Unfortunately I do not know if it is after a certain time or some action that it stops working.

I went back one version (to 20.006.20042) and it works without problems.

This is on Windows 10 (1909).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Problem: if I want to look act three instances of document A, I have to save the document as something like A1, A2, and A2. Then, open each individually.
    Solution: allow one to open three instances of document A without having to save three different documents.
    (even Google's chrome browser can let me open as many instances of a document that I would like)
    (Allow for MAC and PC)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Helvetica Regular does not show up in font options in Acrobat DC. Bold, Light, and the Oblique variations are all available to select, but Helvetica Regular shows up as an unidentified font.

Currently on MacOS Catalina which shows Helvetica Regular, Bold, Italic etc in the font book. Helvetica Regular is the only one that is unavailable in Acrobat DC.

Seems to be a common issue in another forum. One suggest was to select Helvetica Bold and unselect Bold to get regular, but this is an unreliable fix.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. delete bottom pop-up toolbar. So annoying when trying to edit anything.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Some documents don't use conventional page numbering, especially multi-language instruction manuals. Acrobat DC gives an "Invalid page range" error when trying to delete a range of pages. You should be able to delete pages no mater how the creator numbers them. You have to do a work-around by holding the Ctrl key and highlighting every other page, then you can delete multiple pages. This is time-consuming.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. We do the compare output with Acrobat DC latest Release with Acrobat 7. and our comparision finding are listed in the spread sheet "Compare report case study_V1".

we find 4 major issues. in Acrobat DC when compare to 7

Bug Report

If First character roman and rest of the character was set in bold it not shows in Acrobat DC

Soft hypen changes does not show in compare report

Paragraphs Ist line indentation not shown in DC

If there is 1 line space before the paragraph in this scenario

Please refer the spread sheet and pdf attached

Thanks
    Ganesh.R

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hello Adobe/Acrobat Team,

Please add an option to save guides when saving PDFs. Having to reset guides each time I open a document is frustrating.

Thank you

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Want to have option of editing PDF in track change mode like it happens in microsoft word. This will help to keep track of multiple changes done in any docuument.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I move, add, delete thumbnails in the preview on left. Often I must undo or redo a change but no edit undo exists for this. I have to hope I haven't hit "save" or else I have no chance of recovering a deleted page. Or if I've moved a page, I have to remember where and manually move it back, as no "undo" and "redo" exists for this purpose. If you could "undo" and "redo" for editing thumbnails (and not just the content of the document), it would be fantastic.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Need a keyboard shortcut for IMAGE tools - i.e, once I select one or more images in "PDF EDIT" mode, I don't want to use the mouse to always go select the tool I need (for me, it's "Crop Image" that I am constantly clicking).

Thank you for listening.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be very helpful for clients such as attorneys, banks, publishers, and so forth if there were a way to invoke PDF Optimization on a file from the command line, for situations where there are sixty (or six hundred, or six thousand) PDFs that need to have optimization done to them.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Would love to be able to replace multiple images in PDF document at once instead of having to do one at a time individually

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?