Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1205 results found

1. Within PDF's we often create notes and comments. The text font and size sometimes needs adjustment. Having used MS Windows all our lives we are conditioned to simply highlight the text, right-click and a pop-up box appears with "properties" listed. Unfortunately with Acrobat DC Pro "properties" is not an option. Now we must navigate 4 layers deep into the menu: View > Show/Hide > Toolbar items > Show Properties Bar

The right-click for properties feature is widely adopted by third party software companies that want to create a seamless experience for the user within Windows. It is a necessary productivity…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The highlight function should allow users to alter the words highlighted without having to delete the entire highlight and start over. For example, assume highlight 3/4 of a page and then realize I want to include or exclude one word on either end of the highlighted text. Currently, my only option is to delete the entire highlight and start over. This is cumbersome and time consuming. Users should be able to click and drag the highlighted text to change the words highlighted without having to start over.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Dear god. This is insane. The cursor in Reader changes itself from a bar to a circle to a bar to a cross to a circle to a bar to a cross to a circle. Completely randomly. I'm trying to work in a text document to highlight text. It's a series of professional documents that are just rows of text. Your product is completely unable to cope. I have no idea how these kinds of things get released onto the market. I know about the Ctrl key but seriously.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Re-Sizing of bounding boxes is becoming problematic, using Acrobat DC. whenever I save and reopen the editable PDF the bounding boxes for text boxes gets merged with bounding boxes of other text boxes or they get split into multiple. this has been very irritating. if you can provide a fix, I would love to continue my subscription and promote Acrobat DC whenever I get a chance.

as of now, i've taken this subscription besides PDFFiller, if I continue to have this problem, I may have to cancel this and move back, I hope I will not have to do that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We need a keyboard shortcut for "go to the next sticky note." This would prevent my having to scroll through the comments pane if I have a lot of callouts and text boxes (in addition to sticky notes).

Sorting the comments doesn't work; I need to be able to see the text boxes and callouts as I'm reviewing the sticky notes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Our large organization needs layered PDFs to view and filter AutoCAD layers, since we will no longer be able to make native AutoCAD files available in an AutoCAD viewer.

Layered PDFs seem to have the limitation of not being able to save the option of 'List Layers for Visible Pages'.

In our case, users need to be able to rely on a clean set of layers used for each page, not the confusing list of all layers in the document. We have many multi-paged PDFs that we planned to use to view and filter layers, and the accumulation of layers…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When I select the drop-down arrow next to the bullet section (to select an alternative bullet design, like a check mark for example), my Acrobat immediately crashes. I have tried restarting my computer, but this seems to be a persistent bug.

Environment: Windows 10 Pro using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
    Expected result: Select drop-down and be presented with alternative bullet designs.
    Observed result: Acrobat immediately crashes without saving my work.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I sometimes need to selectively edit a portion of a pdf, but when I click on Edit PDF, the OCR process messes up the format, or changes fonts to the point that it would be virtually impossible to recreate the "messed up" portion of the PDF. I realize that this is very likely due to the fact that the document was not originally created in Acrobat, but was probably scanned or converted from a document created from, say, MS Word, or similar program. But, as a former programmer, I think that it would be possible ... i.e., to selectively choose…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. when I open the crop dialogue I want to turn pages to see what happens to other pages after crop is done but there is no such option and I can only know this only after the cropping is done. If it gone wrong in some pages I have to Ctrl+z and cop again while i'm guessing the future output!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. So I had complained on Twitter about what it was like to use Acrobat Pro for production, and the Adobe asked for my feedback. I’ll try to give you some here.

My background is as a motion designer (for over 30 years) so I’m very familiar with photoshop, illustrator, after effects , 3D programs, etc. not really a print guy, but am helping out with a non-profit here in Athens, Ga.

What I’ve been doing is checking (and fixing) ads that come in for this non-profit’s publications. They usually arrive as PDFs, some image-based, some vector, some hybrid. The problems…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Creating a feature request on behalf of a pre-release user--

Problem Description: I have often the problem that there are fonts in a large pdf files embedded which are not right also created if combining many single pdf files.

Feature Request: A tool to search for fonts, especial for embedded/substituted unknown fonts used in the document
    and a possibility to replace or change it to the right font in one step . At the moment changing fonts is only possible by manually searching an replacing.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be nice to have the option to "default" the deletion of the pages I'm extracting instead of clicking this option every single time. :(

Whenever I extract a page or pages from what I scanned in bulk, I don't need to keep the bulk pdf, so I delete the pages as I go to finish saving them as pdfs individually.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. PDF is still freezing for 5-10 seconds or more upon loading doc.

Acrobat DC is trying to access the Cloud Service and can't.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I would like to be able to type in the amount of rotation like 1 degree or 1.25 degree.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In addition to just an eraser, I have found it very useful to select an area and either erase inside or outside the area. I use this a lot in Nuance's Paperport. I too work with old documents and newspapers. Erase outside comes in handy to clean up staples, tears, smudges, etc. on the borders. Erase inside comes in handy to clean up sections of a document or unwanted newspaper articles near the desired article.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I’m using Acrobat DC but I came from Acrobat Pro 6/7. Editing text in PDF on Acrobat 6/7 was almost perfect. On Acrobat DC working on same PDF files, is unworthy of a commercial product. Even editing a single character broke layout completely on DC. Same file on Acrobat 6/7 I could replace entire paragraphs without an issue. Even free apps perform better than DC on my files.

Btw, Word exporting is almost perfect and I can edit files as I want. But you should improve features, not destroy them.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Per features available through at least Acrobat 8 -
    1) ability to adjust baseline of text, or portion of text
    2) ability to adjust letter spacing and word spacing - have PDFs where the source must have been justified, and current controls don't have good way to correct this.
    2) set fill and stroke for text
    3)find/replace single character or character codes - for example, find a 'fi' ligature and replace it with the letters 'fi'.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When I click, "edit PDF" adobie automatically tries to recognize all the text on the document.

It fails and shreds the text into what looks like hieroglyphs.

Why is this the default?

I just want to add a picture, why is it forcing me to recognize all the text in my document?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 2019.008.20080 / MacOS 10.14.1

Since recent acrobat update, software is near unusable. Constant 30 second pauses (beachball), cannot add text to simple, single page documents.
    Using Acrobat since v3, so I know my way around...

Thankfully Illustrator 2019 provides a workaround.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Our organization uses SharePoint Online provided through Office 365 hosting. SharePoint is the primary location to store files.

It's possible to use Acrobat to open documents from SharePoint, edit them and save those changes back to the SharePoint server.

If we open a new PDF with Acrobat, then attempt to save over an existing file on our SharePoint server, we encounter the following error:

Adobe Acrobat could not access the network. Please verify your computer's network connection and try again.

There are workarounds to this problem, but it would be useful to our users if Acrobat would simply save the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?