Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1186 results found

1. first thing you can improve is making the launch screen useful. I found that it took me a while to get to the area where I could actually work.

Second thing is to make this program automatically update the desktop program. I still cannot get proper functionality from my desktop... I can open documents, but if I want to edit, instead of sending me to the cloud program or giving some other options, it just keeps telling me that my subscription has expired and trying to sell me a subscription.

functionality to simply open and edit a document is too…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When I want to edit a PDF and I want to change the font, I can do so by clicking on the dropdown box and selecting the desired font.

But since there is a very long list of fonts, invariably, I would need to type the name of the desired font.

But when I start typing the name of the font, the words start appearing at the end of existing font's name. This is obviously not helpful.

Instead of that, if the font gets automatically selected/highlighted when I click the dropdown box, I would have the benefit of automatically deleting…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Text Format Text Size dropdown includes only a range from 8 to 72.

Directly editing the font size text box does not affect font size.

I need to match the existing text within my document.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When selecting text then pressing the delete key, the work is highlighted as deleted, but if I select text straigh after and press delete it dow not work. You need to press escape or select nothing and reselect again before you can delete text again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It is a frequent request to have e.g. a PDF version of a brochure with single pages turned into a version with double pages (except for the cover), i.e. pages that look like the opened paper version of the brochure. It would be so helpful to be able to merge single into double pages (without margins).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make easy color selectión

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Occasionally there is an error when combining one or more pdf files as one. Always have to delete and upload again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I use Acrobat to assemble documents, collect signatures, and to organize paperwork, especially for business and professional licenses. I would like the ability to make a Table of Contents so that I could easily navigate different sections (like chapters) of a document, rearrange sections/chapters, export, etc. Even a Table of Contents from Bookmarks would be helpful, but I would like to be able to tag multiple pages in a single bookmark as a section/chapter. This would be an important accessibility feature, too--beyond just making organization and editing more efficient.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Show an option to not show a confirmation dialogue when deleting a page from a multi-paged pdf. Deleting pages from combined pdf documents is a dialy routine for me and after so many years it is pretty annoying to always use my mouse to go click OK. It's a small thing to program, so please people vote it up, it would my life easier. Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Preflight Droplets dont work on Mac Studio running macOS Ventura. When dropping a pdf into the droplet an error message come up saying "Droplet" is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to bin. This file was downloaded on an unknown date.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. After marking up edits (using the Comments tools of Strikethrough, Replace text and Insert text) in PDF proofs generated by InDesign, I want to be able to view and copy the edited text as it will now apppear, without the mark-up. This is because it is extremely difficult to read and understand the result of numerous complex edits in the PDF, and also I want to send the revised text to other people to check that the final version reads ok. So I envisage it as selecting the edited text in the PDF and being able to copy and paste…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hello Adobe,

I do a lot of cropping of pdf file pages in the Edit PDF menu and some steps I have to repeat over and over because often the text in each page is off-center, sometimes randomly. I would like to suggest some small improvements to streamline those steps.
    In the Edit PDF tool "Crop Pages" setting, you select an area and double click it which opens the "Set Page Boxes" dialogue box. Under "Page Range" you determine which particular pages this cropping will affect.
    IT WOULD BE GREAT if the number indicating the last page, after the "To"…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Edit Image -> Edit Using -> Open With...
    The external image editing software I had was installed to a different drive than the C drive. Even though I pointed Adobe to where the EXE was, Adobe just gave an error that it was unable to open the image in the external application. I uninstalled my image editing app, re-installed to the C drive, pointed Adobe to the new path and the image editing app launched and opened the image.

Adobe should not require the external app to be installed to the C drive in order to function.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I recommend a feature that allows the user to rotate a page by any number of degrees (NOT just 90 degrees). This is a common feature in other applications like file explorer and many third party apps. After scanning a document, some pages are skewed. After applying Scan and OCR, and Edit PDF, both of which align pages by text, I still have a page or two that are a few degrees off. I just spent an hour with your chat trying to fix this in one of my files but we discovered acrobat pro does not have this feature.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Our user is using Adobe Acrobat Pro, she said after she updated to the latest version (2023.001.21043), the fill&sign cannot show latest hints any more, the text typed before update can still show in the hints, but after updated, the new typed text cannot store in the hints record.

We already tried to reinstall the Adobe Cloud and Adobe Acrobat, but the same problem presist

We already checked in the settings, the auto complete/auto-fill inside the table option (not sure the english name, I just transalted it) is enabled
    We are using traditional chinese version

Can you provide support on…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. After the last Windows-Update, several users suddenly could not save edited PDF forms by simply clicking the save icon as before.

Acrobat changed the name of the document and gave this message,"The document could not be saved. The document cannot be saved to this filename. Please save the document with a different name or in a different folder."

I have found a few workarounds online:

1. Users can close the File Explorer window before attempting to save the document. This doesn't work all the time and can therefore be frustrating.

2. Users can click on the original document in the save dialog…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please include Translate Feature- Translate French document to English.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I used Acrobat for pdf edit and I didn't find fastest way to change the font for the entire pdf. I had to edit 1 by 1 pages to change it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please "UN" Update the Edit PDF feature, so you can add text without the whole document having to be Converted/Scanned. Put "Add Text" back to the way it was. On its own. Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. This just started in the past week. When I edit a PDF, usually by dragging pages from another PDF, sometimes is will lose the original filename, create a new one that seems to be a random string of characters followed by .tmp. If I do "Save As', it tries to save it under that .tmp filename. I have to go back to where I originally opened the document and save over the one I started with. It doesn't happen every time, but I would guess about 70% of the time. I had to do this no less than 15 times…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?