Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1186 results found

1. Acrobat needs an eraser tool, much like the one provided in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements. I work with old pdf images of recorded documents dating clear back to the 1800's; these documents have a lot of photographic "static", shadows images left by the camera which took the image photo, and these items need to be erased to give the document better readability. It is hard to describe without watching the process. If you want a demonstration, contact me and you can log into my computer and watch my process.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I want to suggest an improvement to Acrobat Professional:

When adding headers or footers to a document, I suggest that the mechanism use the document's page numbers, instead of inventing its own.

For example, my document has page numbers A.1 through A.29 followed by B.1 through B.7 followed by C.1 through C.6 ... followed by V.1 through V.11.

Right now, it seems that the only way I can get the actual page numbers to accurately appear in the footer is Add 22 different footers. That's an onerous task.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please make it so the fonts are WYSIWIG. It's incredibly frustrating to look at an enormous list of fonts and have no idea what they look like. Also, it would be nice to see Arial in there! Thanks.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I would love to have a way to customize keyboard shortcuts, specifically for redaction tools - redacting full pages, redact page range, apply redactions would be great.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. i use Red almost exclusively when i'm adding text to a pdf. it's a pain to have to change the color from Black to Red every time. would like the ability to change the Default Color.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I hate it, very hard to work with, not intuitive at all, worst design, change the team, I am giving up and go to other product.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I see that Adobe Acrobat Pro DC only uses one core of the many cores today in PC.

For example if I use OCR or improving documents, it takes a lot of time. Page per page is done using only one core.

Please update the software that it uses more cores (like adobe premiere does). This will drastically improve the performance and our efficiency.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. While editing a PDF, user should be able to select her default font.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Generally, this new version of Acrobat pdf is not user friendly. Editing is much more difficult. Adding text is more challenging since the existing text blocks get highlighted as well, so you have to add your new text box to the side and then drag over.
    Adding images is hit or miss as well. Many times, the file won't even load. I'd like the old version back.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I edit PDFs on the regular and the old system was easy, I could run through it with minimal fuss. A lot of the PDFs I receive are scanned and come through upside down. I could click and drag pages from one PDF to another by hovering over the tab and drop it into the new PDF. I could rotate the whole document and drag and drop pages into the document with all the pages oriented in the same direction.

Now... well...

I can rotate the whole document with a keyboard shortcut which is nice, except when I go to…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I used to be able to click on a calculator option, do several calculations, and copy the tape to the pdf, and add notes to the calculations.

Please Bring it back.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I could've chosen several categories, creating, PDFs, editing PDFs, viewing PDFs, every feature of Acrobat DC is inferior to 11 and frankly all previous versions of Acrobat Pro. As a publisher who has used Acrobat Pro every day, all day for well over a decade, I am so disappointed and frustrated with this version, It is dumbed down and has several serious bugs that cause issues during a document publishing process. Please scrap this version and bring back Acrobat 11 which functioned 100% better than DC.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I often edit documents and the drawing tools are necessary. Where have they gone???

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. In older versions we could just add text to a document where needed. Now you have to go to Tools, Edit which then takes the time to recognizes all the text in a document. I frequently add text in all kinds of documents including charts and forms. When it goes to "recognize" the text on the full page, it distorts it to something unuseable. I end up having to open the document in Photoshop - if it will read it since usually it was scanned in first. If it won't, I have to do a screen shot, cut and paste…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Is it possible to load new fonts into Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. I have some documents that require editing however the required fonts are not currently in the system

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The latest update on Acrobat DC has a floating tool strip on the left that COVERS UP THE DOCUMENT I AM WORKING ON!!! How do I get rid of this blasted thing?!
    I hate this latest update so much! Switching things around etc. It's horrible!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Sometimes PDF files contain fonts that is not currently installed, so I have to use another font which doesn't look nice. It is a good idea that Adobe Acrobat can extract those fonts for editing or adding new text in the same font, which is inclued in the PDF.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/combining-text-boxes-acrobat-pro-dc-2018-pc/m-p/11032569?page=1#M249220

The link above is where this conversation is listed. You need to fix this. It makes everyone who uses your program angry and it messes up so many documents. It's ridiculous trying to do anything with it because it automatically chooses to move where the text boxes are when created in Acrobat. It's not acceptable to just say this is not an editing program. It doesn't matter. The product you provide does not fulfill the needs of your customers and it is causing MAJOR issues when trying to do just about anything related to text boxes.

BeviChagnon__PubCom…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. very hard to work with, not intuitive at all, worst design, change the team, I am giving up and go to other product.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Every single week I open up a pdf to edit it and all of my tools are rearranged or removed from the tool bar on the right. I edit pdfs every day and my arrangement only lasts a few days before it suddenly resets. This is super annoying and I would like to know how to get it to stop doing that. I need Organize Pages, Edit PDF and Stamp in the order I have them now, in a few days all of these will be rearranged and Stamp will be removed. I then have to go back into More…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?