Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1186 results found

1. I am running Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version 2019.021.20061 on a MacBook Pro with Catalina version 10.15.04. In the Adobe Acrobat preferences I have autosave set to every 5 minutes. However, when Adobe Acrobat decided to restart for me to agree to some updated user terms all my comments on the document disappeared. From a quick google search it is clear that this is a common problem and that the autosave feature is not working, or at least only occasionally.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Older versions (prior to text recognition) allowed you to type onto a pdf and edit it later without any interference. The new DC software while still allowing you to type and edit more than often enough recognizes the original text of the document making it editable and causing tons of interference with the user entered text. There should be a feature which locks text recognition and doesnt allow the editing tool to recognize the base document script which will allow for easy editing if you have to save and come back to a document and make changes.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please include two very important editing features in Acrobat Pro.

Allow a "page setup" type feature, including:
    1.) the ability to change the margins of the entire document.
    2.) the ability to center text, such as a title, against the page margins, not just within the individual text box.
    3.) the ability to align all text in a document within the margins, without having to manually align each and every text box. This is important for documents that have many pages.

Just like the editing features of Microsoft Word, these and other editing capabilities would make Adobe Pro an excellent…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I use Acrobat PRO DC in prepress to switch layer visibility in PDF's that are linked to Illustrator imposition file. Usually I need to change 2-5 layer visibility. The process involves awkwardly too many steps to change a default visibility state of a layer in order for it to be saved. And when trying to save changes sometimes it fails. To correct the issue I usually have to rotate the page CCW and back CW and just then the layer visibility state can be saved. Please look at this as it consumes time and needs too many steps to complete…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Would be possible to include a REPLACE ALL function instead of only replace ? Microsoft word has it since 80's. Please its simple and its hurting my **** finger to click a thousand times replace to replace sentences in a long PDF document. Thanks

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Cannot replace a partial word. Have Find - whole word unchecked. As soon as I add something to Replace, Whole word checks and goes gray. This was marked as Resolved but it is not.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I don't like the Save and Save as dialogue boxes. The save in a "Different Folder" is in the lower right corner and highlighted. I am so used to the regular "Save" being there, so it's very confusing.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. In editing PDFs one of the major concerns is that all pages of a book are the same size. Given that a lot of time you have to crop pages in order to get rid of the excess space in scanned documents, could you please make a fixed cropping tool (close to a fixed size clipping mask), which you could apply to all pages and then MOVE THE PAGE around (even resize it) to fit in the cropping area.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Consistently telling me there is an error and will not allow me to edit PDFs

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Can align but not distribute objects evenly.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When setting tool tips for a radio button in acrobat, it only allows one tool tip for the entire group. When the PDF is displayed as an "image", as it is in some implementations, a screen reader cannot help someone choose which option to select.

I use text tagging in Acrobat to upload to Adobe Sign. I have to manually adjust every radio button after I upload it because Acrobat does not support unique tool tips per radio option (but Adobe Sign does). This makes the process MUCH more laborious when I could just simply upload it and be done.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. PDF is still freezing for 5-10 seconds or more upon loading doc.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would love to have the ability to select an embedded font of your choosing and change its formatting across the entire document. Enfocus PitStop allows you to do global font replacement, but adding the ability to change size, color, and other formatting would be a major time-saver.

Thanks,
    Brian

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Unknown error when trying to insert a signature.

"Operation failed because Adobe Acrobat encountered an unknown error."

I've closed the program and restarted my computer but the error persists.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue to us and sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
    This looks like a PDF specific issue. Can you please try to edit the same PDF file using Edit app. Let us know how it goes.

Also it will be great if you can share the PDF file with us.(Mail to sagrover@adobe.com)

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

15. Return Menu Tools to the Side where they belong. They are next to useless now. Put actual menu items under the menu drop-downs instead of extra steps to open what should be a drop-down. Sorry - I hate the new look. Hate it. I should not have to navigate away from a page I'm working on in order to get to tools. I should not have to spend half an hour to discover you apparently no longer have this option. Security tools, if still in existence, should be obvious.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I need to make transparent buttons with HTML links in most of my documents. Someone forgot to program this in the DC version.
    Create a square button and set the line and fill to transparent. Please fix! It is causing a host of issues for us.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. when using forms things like font size and data type are extremely slow, every single move takes 10-20 secs to wait, 2017 iMac 5k

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I would like to be able to open and edit pdfs from google drive.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  Pratyush Dhoundiyal responded

Hi,

This is something which is already on our radar and we are planning to support this in near future.

Thanks for Reporting
    -Pratyush

19. When adding text, the new text is sometimes behind boxes and cannot be moved forward as in indesign.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Bilal Ansari responded

Select the text box, right click and select Arrange → Bring to Front.
    Let us know if that works.

20. I used to be able to have thumbnails show up every time I open a .pdf. I open very large file all the time, so it's very nice to be able to set thumbnails to be visible as a default instead of having to request it with each new document

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 59 60
  • Don't see your idea?