Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1205 results found

1. I would love to have the ability to select an embedded font of your choosing and change its formatting across the entire document. Enfocus PitStop allows you to do global font replacement, but adding the ability to change size, color, and other formatting would be a major time-saver.

Thanks,
    Brian

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Unknown error when trying to insert a signature.

"Operation failed because Adobe Acrobat encountered an unknown error."

I've closed the program and restarted my computer but the error persists.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue to us and sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
    This looks like a PDF specific issue. Can you please try to edit the same PDF file using Edit app. Let us know how it goes.

Also it will be great if you can share the PDF file with us.(Mail to sagrover@adobe.com)

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

3. Return Menu Tools to the Side where they belong. They are next to useless now. Put actual menu items under the menu drop-downs instead of extra steps to open what should be a drop-down. Sorry - I hate the new look. Hate it. I should not have to navigate away from a page I'm working on in order to get to tools. I should not have to spend half an hour to discover you apparently no longer have this option. Security tools, if still in existence, should be obvious.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I need to make transparent buttons with HTML links in most of my documents. Someone forgot to program this in the DC version.
    Create a square button and set the line and fill to transparent. Please fix! It is causing a host of issues for us.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. when using forms things like font size and data type are extremely slow, every single move takes 10-20 secs to wait, 2017 iMac 5k

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would like to be able to open and edit pdfs from google drive.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  Pratyush Dhoundiyal responded

Hi,

This is something which is already on our radar and we are planning to support this in near future.

Thanks for Reporting
    -Pratyush

7. When adding text, the new text is sometimes behind boxes and cannot be moved forward as in indesign.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Bilal Ansari responded

Select the text box, right click and select Arrange → Bring to Front.
    Let us know if that works.

8. I used to be able to have thumbnails show up every time I open a .pdf. I open very large file all the time, so it's very nice to be able to set thumbnails to be visible as a default instead of having to request it with each new document

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Here is a posting I recently made to the Acrobat "Editing and Exporting PDFs" forum:

try67 wrote: "Yes, Acrobat Pro DC can scale all the pages of the file in a single command."

As it turns out, Acrobat Pro XI is supposed to be able to do this, but as I stated offline to try76, "... I experimented with increasing the white space around pages (to 8.5 x 11.0) in XI. The single-column test page I sent you is from a 9-page, mostly three-column document, and when I use the Cropping Tool while attempting to do this, there is one…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Bilal Ansari responded

Thank you for the feedback. I have forwarded your request to the engineering team. They will reach out to you if any more information is needed.

10. Adobe, bring back the old Typewriter tool. We need a simple way to add text to an existing PDFs. The current workarounds of using the Edit Text or Add a Text Field tools are not the same and are far more cumbersome than the old Typewriter.

The problem with the "Edit Text" tool is that it attempts to edit ALL text in the PDF so often times when you try to add new text, it attempts to modify existing background text in the document.

The problem with the "Add a Text Field" tool is that you have to add, resize,…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please take a look at bluebeam, and see how well it works to mark-up documents, add text, signature, images, highlighting, drawing, and circling.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Whenever I am using the measurement tool (started about two weeks ago) any mouse movement causes the application to seize and stop responding. It seems to be getting overwhelmed by trying to highlight potential snap options. As I mouse toward a desired feature, a neighboring feature will be highlighted and the app freezes. This is a new bug, had not happened until a recent software update.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Is it possible to pin All Tools so I don't have to keep opening it? So frustrating that the window closes! This new update requires so many clicks to do simple tasks, very irritating.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. With the newest updates, when you click on an image to move or edit it, there is now a new option popup but the popup is constantly covering the image. So you can't actually click the image to edit it because that popup keeps covering it. You can see in my image the blue dots of the image I'm trying to edit but the options right in front of it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Why is it so difficult now to extract pages from a PDF? You used to be able to open thumbnails, click on a page, hold down on the shift key and arrow down to grab the pages you need to extract. With the update you now have to open thumbnails, click on the 1st page you want about 50 times before a little box pops up and then you have to click another 50 times to get that box to check and then to grab additional pages it's an exercise in futility. Why did you have to "update" Adobe when…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I would like the new acrobat to include extract pages like the old version had! I was very disappointed to find this option missing from the Acrobat DC Pro.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When a person must edit a document, it normally means changing some text. Which could be (interestingly) bolding a word. Or using the same font that is being used all over the document.

Now if you wish, I can send you a PDF and you try to do that simple task. Especially in the newest Adobe Acrobat.

But most probably you have some PDF documents yourself around.

I really hope you will somehow grasp the difference between "normal" editors which allow you to simply select the text and bold it and the worldwide know tool Adobe Acrobat where you:

1. Open…
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I recently had the "Request e-signatures" button load under my mouse cursor when trying to click on "View more" tools in the All tools sidebar.

I would like the area where the "Request e-signatures" to load in as the tools panel is loaded to reserve space for the e-signatures button. This would make it easier to click on "View more" without waiting for the e-signatures button to load as there is not a scroll bar on the tools panel until the signature panel is loaded.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It's unbelievably hard to just resize an object when Editing PDFs. The handles that appear for this purpose are almost impossible to grab - half a micron off, and you're in rotational mode instead. What's with that? How often do you have to rotate an object compared with resizing it?
    This has been so frustrating, in the past, I've just started a project again from scratch if that meant I could use a more user-friendly program rather than spend 5 minutes just trying to grab the edge of an object. It's just too frustrating.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?