Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

37 results found

1. Please allow html to be created as clickable pdfs on a Mac. The documentation you provide says it can be done on Firefox but that is false. Wasted hours with your support folks before they said it can't be done.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Valeria,

Thanks for reaching out. We are really sorry for the inconvenience you are facing.
    As much as I understand from your post, you want to convert an HTML document to PDF from browser. It is unclear if the document is a locally saved HTML file or an online URL.

Unfortunately, local HTML files cannot be converted from browser as Acrobat browser extensions only work for online URLs. So you will have to use Acrobat Create PDF tool to convert the file.
    1. Launch Acrobat.
    2. Go to File→Create→PDF from Web Page.
    3. Click on “Browse” button and select the HTML file to be converted.
    4. Click Create.
    If the converted document is not proper (as mentioned by you), please share a sample HTML file with us so that we can check the issue.

If you want to convert an online URL, you can use Acrobat…

2. hello,
    I would like to make PDF docs from excel docs that contain hyperlinks in which the hyperlinks are automatically maintained within the PDF instead of having to manually add then back in after making the PDF.
    thank you, Jason

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In Acrobat DC when attempting to combine files into single PDF and trying to select Illustrator files they are grayed out and cannot be selected. I have to drag them from the finder into Acrobat. This is a major pain and waste of time. Before the upgrade I could always select an AI file to add to a PDF. Now I never can, even when trying to replace a page with a new file. Illustrator and Acrobat are not talking to each other.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

Acrobat does not support conversion of AI files to PDF via the Combine functionality.
    Can you confirm that you are combining AI files or PDF files created from Illustrator?
    Also, do you have Illustrator installed on your system?

Thanks
    Tanvi

4. Acrobat Pro DC latest version on Windows 10 (latest). after creating about 20 pdfs it catches out simply closing acrobat. Have same problem on multiple PCs. Has been happening for 6 months or so. Before that I could create 100s without a problem.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

Thanks for sharing the steps. We are aware of a similar issue with OneDrive files and are working on fixing it.
    Can you check if you can convert Office files kept in OneDrive by right-click menu and the PDF gets created. Does the Office app remain open or does it get closed?

Thanks
    Tanvi

5. Case ADB-7492668-J6J4 -Word file is uploaded with embedded fonts as per Preferences (see attached) to the document cloud and then PDF converting Acrobat provides following error (see attached) "Acrobat PDF Conversion could not be completed. This could be due to a network error or if there is no valid Acrobat online service membership." If you go through the same process except NOT embedding fonts the same document will convert to PDF without error. However, the fonts in the PDF file are now different in the Word file as they are no longer embedded. When using a MS OS and upload…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. See attached for the screen grab of corrupted image.
    PowerPoint version 1902 / Office 365 / Windows 7
    I cancelled the Acrobat subscription due to this bug, so recreating the problem on my side will be difficult.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be hugely beneficial to have seamless integration of the Snipping Tool and Adobe DC with one-click creation of a PDF from a screen shot or screen selection. For the purpose of this request I am using a Windows laptop with the full suite of Adobe Creative Cloud. I can already create PDFs with one-click from most other Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, PPT and Outlook, but having Adobe be able to handle screen shots and even combine/edit them without going through file/save/rename/export/save will be a great enhancement to Adobe DC which is already a great product.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We used to be able to drag MS Word documents into existing PDFs (in the thumbnail view), and the Word document would automatically be PDFed and combined with the existing PDF. This no longer works, and is causing certain tasks to take much longer than they used to.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When creating a binder using the > Combine Files function, all batch imported files should be clearly checked by default, with the option to uncheck individual files.

Alternatively: When clicking > Combine, the user could be notified:
    "It seems you have imported more files than are currently being combined. Is this right? (Tip: If you like to use all your imported files in this binder, please check all your imported files by doing X.) >Y/N

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When I try to convert a web page in Firefox to pdf using the icon on top right corner, it often does not work. If I try the convert to pdf using the print command on the right dropdown list, the optionto print, then adobe pdf will convert the same page to a perfect pdf. What is wrong?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hello, I recently installed the Acrobat Firefox add on. Here are the issues:

1. it takes an enormous amount of time for the conversion process to complete

2. As you will see in the attached screencast, the "open pdf in acrobat" option is turned off, yet acrobat application opens anyway. either way, you will see that i'm logged into the account and logged in to the document icloud.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When I merge several documents into a single PDF, recipients are telling me they are getting an error message that a file is corrupt. The merged documents consist of 3 MS Word documents, a single PowerPoint presentation, and 5 PDFs. We recently were upgraded to Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, Version 2019.012.20040. I didn't have this problem before. I've re-created the MS Word and PowerPoint documents and still no fix to the issue. Any suggestions?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

Please ensure that your Acrobat and Office are updated to latest version.
    Can you view the combined PDF correctly or are you also getting an error message?
    Please share the error message screenshot with us.

Thanks
    Tanvi

13. The output file is super small.It is like 1/100th of the original size. Not useable at all.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I updated to Adobe Pro 2017 and using Outlook 2013 with all current updates. When I use the Adobe PDF Maker in Outlook it will not include any jpeg files. I have verified the conversion settings are correct, I have even tried dragging a group of emails into "combine files" in Adobe 2017 but regardless the jpeg attachments to not transfer.

PLEASE HELP - I need the complete emails with all attachments for a legal case. I even purchased evermap to convert the attachments in a portfolio to PDF so they can be bates stamped. BUT if the attachment is…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It seems that Acrobat DC wants to be in charge of my computer when assembling multiple PDF files into one PDF. After each file added, Acobat DC forces itself to have the focus, and brings itself to the front, no matter what other application I'm in. My computer has 24 cores, and 64 GIG of ram, yet Acrobat DC won't multi-task and let any other app have focus whiles it's assembling PDF files.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I've just noticed that in the Combine Files panel, the thumbnails of the files I pull in are squished out of proportion. The thumbnails of the finished file (after I click "Combine") are just fine though - no issues with those. But the squished thumbs are very strange.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?