Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

367 results found

1. Dear Adobe engineers,

I want to report a VERY annoying bug, which happened now several times.

I use the latest versions of Acrobat Pro DC (2022.003.20258 | 64 bit) and Microsoft Excel (2209 Build 16.0.15269.20200) 64bits, both French versions under Windows 11.

I have an Excel spreadsheet containing 12 invoices tabs, one per month. If I export in PDF only one tab, ALL OTHERS ARE DELETED and the PDF file is not created!!! When I reopen the Excel file, all tabs but the current one have been suppressed (my files are automatically saved and synced on OneDrive).

I have observed…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. In create Pdf feature we have multiple formats supported to convert into pdf and combine however for visio files we have only .vsd format available but not .vsdx. kindly add .vsdx visio format also in supported list of file formats it would be helpful for visio drawings to get convert and combine in single pdf file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Select multiple pdf files and right click + combine, then save - opens the folder (destination) the combining files are. If this feature is available, It saves a lot of time.

P.S. Nothing is impossible!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Links that are embedded in the original article do transfer to the PDF and are discoverable when hovering over. Optimal would be to be able to change the link text color to blue. Right now, the options allow creating a visible blue outline around the link, though there is not an option to change the link text for the existing link itself to blue

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When creating a document by clicking save as Adobe PDF in word, I am finding that it will randomly leave out sentences in the final product. It is very prevalent after photos and section headings. See the examples attached.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Internal hyperlinks, cross-reference hyperlinks, and TOC hyperlinks made in the latest version of MS Word 365 are not retained by PDF Maker.

Affects: Word 365 version 2109 14430.20270
    Adobe Acrobat 2021.007.0095 and
    Adobe PDF Maker 21 (Library 21.7.123)

These errors are in addition to others listed for PDF Mader at https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/44183082-accessibility-errors-with-pdf-maker-update-sept-20

Hyperlinks from Word are non-functional when exported to PDF via PDF Maker. Affects both traditional hyperlinks and accessible hyperlinks:

— Traditional internal hyperlinks are not clickable.
    — Accessible internal hyperlinks are missing the <Link> / <Link-OBJR> compound tag that provides an accessible hyperlink.

— TOC hyperlinks are not clickable…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your patience. We have investigated this issue and found that this has broken with a recent Office update and would require a fix from Microsoft. 

This has also been raised on Microsoft fourms in several threads and acknowledged and it seems they are investigating this issue. Please follow these threads for updates.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/cross-references-and-toc-in-word-do-not-work-when/712d50ee-e8dc-4266-9810-bb2d20dcc2c3

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/when-i-export-a-word-to-pdf-the-table-of-contents/66421104-a501-4b1c-851e-86cd25744e4c

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/exporting-hyperlinks-to-pdf-from-word/4b792dc6-b045-46f2-88c4-9d94125fbeb8

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/cross-reference-links-eg-table-of-content-table-of/181567c4-6cfe-4749-923e-452c75ba0c5f

As a workaround, please revert to older version of Office to make links work.

Thanks

Tanvi

7. When PowerPoint files are converted to PDF, all shapes containing embedded text that were excluded from reading order in PowerPoint are being tagged inappropriately during the conversion to be read by assistive technology anyway. Tagging and reading order as specified in PowerPoint should be carried over to Adobe PDF, and if text is marked to be excluded from reading order because it is actually decorative, this should be honored in the conversion process. For example, we use callout markers that consist of a solid circle with a number embedded in it (1, 2, 3, etc.). The numbered circles are excluded…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please make it easier to find settings so I can uncheck save as portfolio. The portfolio view of a combined document makes it less easy for my customers to see what I sent. This is creating relationship issues & costing time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be great if you could drag a file from an email attachment right into Adobe Acrobat instead of having to save it to my computer and then drag it over. Just saving a step and a daily part of my job is receiving attachments to put into Adobe Acrobat as a pdf.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When creating a PDF via the "Create PDF" button in the Adobe Ribbon in MS Word, I have noticed that sometimes the hyperlinks are not clickable in the PDF and sometimes they are. I found the pattern and I think it's a bug.

1) If a hyperlink in the DOCX contains an anchor (e.g. www.myfile.com#page=32), then all the linked text after that one in the PDF are not clickable. The anchor in the DOCX also causes the bookmarks in the PDF to render incorrectly from that point on.

2) If a hyperlink in the DOCX is internal, then it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When creating a PDF via the "Create PDF" button in the Adobe Ribbon in MS Word, I have noticed that sometimes the hyperlinks are not clickable in the PDF and sometimes they are. I found the pattern and I think it's a bug.

1) If a hyperlink in the DOCX contains an anchor (e.g. www.myfile.com#page=32), then all the linked text after that one in the PDF are not clickable. The anchor in the DOCX also causes the bookmarks in the PDF to render incorrectly from that point on.

2) If a hyperlink in the DOCX is internal, then it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. My work includes creating MS Word docs that can have a lot of footnotes. Because of its benefits, I often use "Save as Adobe PDF" when I am ready to file the document, which much be in PDF form. However, sometimes the resulting PDF does not match the original MS Word doc. That is, the last line or so on a page in the MS Word doc ends up being moved in the conversion, so it appears on the next page in the pdf. This increases over the rest of the document, so that the resulting pdf. does not match,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. To ensure that assistive technologies can parse tables, headers that are repeated across pages should be marked as artifacts. This is recommended by the PDF Association's Tagged PDF Best Practice Guide: Syntax: https://www.pdfa.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/TaggedPDFBestPracticeGuideSyntax.pdf . However, this structure is not followed by PDFMaker when converting from Word to PDF.

Steps to reproduce the issue
    1. Open the attached Word document.
    2. Go to Acrobat > Create PDF.
    3. Press Save.
    4. Open the resulting PDF (also attached).
    5. Open the Tags panel (View > Show/Hide > Navigation Panes > Tags).
    6. Expand the <Table> tag.

Environment (OS, other related application versions,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. A new bug in Adobe.

When combining Word docs (and I believe it may affect other file types), the file name cannot be very long. Not sure how many characters but not very many. This is causing inefficiencies in my work where I publish research articles and the file name contains important information to identify each article. Having to shorten the file name wastes time. If this is an unintentional bug, please fix it!

The error received is "No PDF file was created because Adobe Acrobat encountered an unidentified error". Less than helpful generic message leading me to believe this…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When PowerPoint files are converted to PDF, slide titles should be converted to H1 because PowerPoint currently does not establish a hierarchy of headings. However, when I test the PDF output with a screen reader, I discover that they are all converted to H2, and there is no H1 anywhere in the file. Adobe Acrobat Pro is flagging this as a heading issue in accessibility checker, but the slides are properly set up with title placeholders on the master layouts, so Adobe is improperly applying H2 to slide titles when no H1 is present. See these WCAG accessibility standards and…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. In order to meet contract requirements at work, I need to convert Word documents into section 508-compliant PDFs on a regular basis. In order to pass the accessibility check in Adobe Acrobat, each figure needs to have alt-text assigned and each table needs to have a table summary assigned. I know how to do this in Adobe Acrobat, but I would like to assign these items in Microsoft Word for efficiency. We often have to create multiple PDFs of the same Word document during the revision/editing process, and having these items already assigned in Word would eliminate rework. Also, we…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. As of today, there is no plugins developed for Microsoft Visio 64 bit.
    This feature will enhance generating the PDFs (e.g. retaining the layers from Visio) which is already provided/developed for 32bit application.

This will also help in securing the compatibility with office 365 applications.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I don't want to leave adobe, copy the file on my computer, then load it back into adobe to edit a copy of a PDF I just made.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I wanted to request a new feature on Acrobat Pro. The feature of creating a living document. For example: I am creating a job fair and job posting on giving to me on a daily basis. If I post the link on a job board , it should have the most update job vacancies . Not create a link every time. I should be the one with the password of the specific link , and the authority to update it, but other people can view it on a daily basis and see the changes. Looking forward to see some changes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I would like to be able to combine a batch of pdfs for printing that would insert a blank page after an odd-pages-containing file, so that when I print the whole batch, it prints well for insertion into a binder. When only one document is updated, only the single file can be printed for insertion. For example, Document A has three pages, but the combine feature would make it four pages so that when I print the binder, the next document starts on the first part of the next sheet.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?