Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. Right now, if I create a Portfolio using emails from outlook, I can sort the components by the email date so that they are sorted from earliest received to latest received. However when I open the portfolio, sort it, and select File > Create > Combine Files into a Single PDF > Add Open Files, the components of the Portfolio are sorted alphabetically instead of by the date as I have them displayed in the portfolio view panel. This means that I have to individually sort each component by date using the organize pages option before I can actually complete…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Acrobat Pro DC does not convert files as well as Acrobat XI Pro. I was told by support that developing code to convert every font is not possible; however it was possible for XI Pro. I don't want bells & whistles. I just want software that works. Attached are files converted via XI Pro and via Pro DC. Converting as a print file works but it is very inconvenient. I have lots of Word and Excel examples which I can send to someone. I do not want to attach confidential files in this type of forum.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I would like to have the option to create an interactive chart or graph, like you can create in Excel or or Numbers, where a user can enter information and the graph changes accordingly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We are trying to create a PDF document without active Hyperlinks since the PDF will be sent to external sources and persons.
    We/I have tried to use Save as Adobe PDF, print to Adobe PDF and other options through Adobe utility but all document created do have active hyperlinks in them.
    We do not wish to have users click on the hyperlink and navigate to that particular site.
    Current workaround is to create a PDF, open the PDF in Acrobat Pro and save it again.
    We cannot ask our people to do that manually each time for each document since…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

You can create PDFs from Office applications without active hyperlinks by unchecking the “Add Links” option in Acrobat Preferences in the Office PDFMaker addin.
    Let us know if that resolves your problem.

Thanks
    Tanvi

5. I don't need A3, A4, A0 or any other specif printable size because everything is digital nowadays. I need the possibility to merge two or more pages into one. Panorama is a good start.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When combining pdfs the binder file has altered the text of the originals to match on of the set.

The pdfs are similar format with pictures. The pictures remain unaltered, but the text is copied from one pdf to all the others that are similar.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I get repeated hard-reboot crashes when creating PDFs from relatively small simple Word documents. I follow the instructions, remove and re-add the plugin, still it can take 20 minutes to get a 9-page, no images or links Word document to PDF correctly. Please fix this.
    Windows 10, Acrobat Pro DC version 2020 (latest), Microsoft Word and Excel 2016.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. What happened to the icon for creating a digital signature field under the "prepare form" menu? We've been asked to create a number of forms and can no longer prepare them with the digital signature block. Help!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Our companys filepath are long, becasue we are dealing with many different subjects and projects. Even our filenames are long.

When the filepath is to long, Adobe PDF is cutting the proposed filename or even make no proposal. Why?

This consumes a lot of power in sum to type an own filename.
    As long as this problem is current, we will have to use another product to create pdf.
    Because some (e.g. "DWG to PDF" of Autodesk) are working without this problem.
    This should be a blame of the inventors of PDF, right?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. when i want to form a ppt into pdf ,it says "additional files need to be installed to creat PDF from this file. You must have Administrator Privileges to install these files." but i already have administrator privileges.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I recieve the error when using the PDFMaker Plug-in to create a PDF in excess of 7,000 Outlook messages:

"You have chosen to convert a very large number of email messages. Please try again with a folder or selection having fewer messages."

I would like the limit to be raised to in excess of 10 or 15 thousand.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Een aantal jaar geleden kon je via Indesign een interactieve pdf maken en daarbij een pagina omslaan en deze bewaren als pdf/SWF.
    Nu zitten er mogelijkheden in in Adobe Acrobat DC maar helaas niet de page flip/pagina omslaan. Wel het faden van de ene naar de andere pagina.

A few years ago you could make in Indesign a page flip. Now you can do several things in Acraobat DC but no more page flips for webpages.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Een aantal jaar geleden kon je via Indesign een interactieve pdf maken en daarbij een pagina omslaan en deze bewaren als pdf/SWF.
    Nu zitten er mogelijkheden in in Adobe Acrobat DC maar helaas niet de page flip/pagina omslaan. Wel het faden van de ene naar de andere pagina.

A few years ago you could make in Indesign a page flip. Now you can do several things in Acraobat DC but no more page flips for webpages.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The ff ligature does not render in semibold Adobe Garamond Pro. It produces what looks like a little capital 'I'. Bold works, but not semibold. I'm using Adobe Acrobat 2017.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When using the 'Add text' tool, DC seems to bind together multiple lines of text. This would be ok if you could break the bind to change the layout. I can't seem to do this and end up deleting and doing the work again....hardly efficient??

Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-acrobat-pdfmaker-problems-office.html#AcrobatRibbonisnotavailabeinOffice2016orOffice365applicationsonWindows

Instructions from this have been followed, along with instructions from Microsoft to verify the add-in is correctly set in the registry. In both occasions, with Adobe Acrobat Pro version 20.012.20041, the Adobe/Acrobat ribbon is not showing in Excel/Word 2016 or in Word/Excel O365.

Support agent requested submitting a bug report.

I've installed the application via mst, without Creative Cloud for enterprise purposes (mst attached), and even on a fresh build of Windows 10, the ribbon doesn't show up.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I often convert excel files and combine with an existing pdf. I am switching to acrobat pro from omnipage. With omnipage, I would convert my selected worksheets (in a process very similar to acrobat pro), but when i would choose a file name, I would choose the existing file I wanted to combine with and it would give me the option to replace that file or combine to it in the order i wanted (beginning, end, middle). Adobe pro just gives me the option to replace.

It is my understanding the my only options with acrobat pro are to open…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Tagged PDFs exported from InDesign drop spaces between words. This occurs in the content at the end of lines, most often in List Items, but also in paragraphs. It occurs nearly all the time in lists, causing screen readers to mispronounce the run-together words unless they are separated by punctuation or the 2nd word has an initial cap.

This has been a problem for quite a while. Very time consuming to fix -- by adding space manually in Acrobat DC or adding actual text.

Working on proprietary material here, cannot forward example files and I do not create the native…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 8 10 12 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?