Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. The PDFMaker ribbon for Microsoft Word for Mac (version 16.49) is broken on Apple M1 with the current latest version of Adobe Creative Cloud Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version 2021.001.20155

The PDFMaker ribbon is installed, the icon visible is greyed out and is missing the export PDF button and the preferences button.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Planned  ·  6 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I updated to Adobe Pro 2017 and using Outlook 2013 with all current updates. When I use the Adobe PDF Maker in Outlook it will not include any jpeg files. I have verified the conversion settings are correct, I have even tried dragging a group of emails into "combine files" in Adobe 2017 but regardless the jpeg attachments to not transfer.

PLEASE HELP - I need the complete emails with all attachments for a legal case. I even purchased evermap to convert the attachments in a portfolio to PDF so they can be bates stamped. BUT if the attachment is…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When creating PDFs with multiple images that each have a unique filename, I would like to be able to insert that filename on the corresponding page so that I can more easily navigate to that file if I need to search for it on my computer.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When I right click on a word or excel file and "convert to pdf" it would be better if the new pdf could save to the same folder as the original file by default. There should be an option to allow this, which I found to be a huge time saver when using Kofax Power PDF. The current adobe saving options only allow for using one pre-defined folder, or the last folder that something was saved to. This results in files being saved to the wrong location, or time wasted navigating to different folders every time.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Provide support for HEIC files. This is apple's new standard and lots of clients send over these image files like jpegs that need to be inserted into my pdfs. PDF is intended to be the "universal" format so this seems like an obvious addition. Thanks!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I have a Microsoft Word file that has a number of images. I need to make an accessible PDF. I have entered alternate text for each image in MS Word. When I convert the Word file to PDF, the alternate text I had entered in MS Word is carried over to the PDF, which is what I want. The problem is that it puts all images/figures at the beginning of the tag tree no matter where the image comes in the document. When I look at the Reading Order for each page, it puts all images as the last item…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Title says it really. It's simply that there a lot of 'make your own flip books' softwares out there, but they are not well designed and expensive, when this feels like it is a sensible add on to what one can already do with Adobe PDF pro. It's annoying to have to go elsewhere for pdf expertise, as I feel Adobe should be able to smash this themselves.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Case ADB-7492668-J6J4 -Word file is uploaded with embedded fonts as per Preferences (see attached) to the document cloud and then PDF converting Acrobat provides following error (see attached) "Acrobat PDF Conversion could not be completed. This could be due to a network error or if there is no valid Acrobat online service membership." If you go through the same process except NOT embedding fonts the same document will convert to PDF without error. However, the fonts in the PDF file are now different in the Word file as they are no longer embedded. When using a MS OS and upload…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Bug not resolved.
    In "From" field only shows the name of the email account but
    doesn't show its email account between "< ... >", like in
    previous releases.
    System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64 (updated) //
    Microsoft Outlook 2016 (updated) // Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

(*) Compare results with, for example, Foxit PhantomPDF addon for Outlook.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  mrraj@adobe.com responded

Thanks for raising your concern, this is know issue and we are working on it.
    Will keep you posted.

Thanks,
    Mridula

11. .eml formats are not currently supported by Adobe Acrobat to be able to convert these files into a pdf format. Please support this format.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When adding a PDF Portfolio to a file list (Combine Files) I get the following informational dialog box,

"File [File name] is a PDF Portfolio that contains multiple files. The files with the PDF Portfolio have been added to the file list." It requires that you click OK, before the files will be added and you can continue.

I wish to disable this dialog box as I am archiving thousands of files a day.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hi,

It seems like the PDF Portfolio Thumbnails are missing, causing major disruption in our communication with our customers who use the thumbnails on the left side of the Portfolio view to navigate between the files.

Currently in January 2024 the Portfolio appears just as a list and many additional settings and preferences also disappeared. Looks like a stripped version of the formerly powerful format.

Please, provide explanation.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Martin Jezek

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. avete fatto un disastro: prima era molto più semplice e intuitivo specialmente la modifica dei testi (ora è impossibile aggiungere nuove linee, prende solo in modifica l'esistente). Si blocca per almeno 3 minuti all'avviod i qualsiasi documento, grafiche meno intutitive, ridateci il vecchio

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When combining multiple single-page PDFs into one large PDF, Acrobat steals window focus every few seconds. Acrobat is repeatedly seizing window focus and popping back on top of the other windows.

I would like to continue work while Acrobat works, but I can't. Instead, acrobat grabs the mouse and keyboard back every few seconds. This renders my computer completely unusable while Acrobat is running.

To replicate this bug:

1. Select 50 PDF files.
    2. Right-click and choose "Combine in Acrobat"
    3. Inside Acrobat, click "Combine".
    4. Return to work.

While you are trying to work, Acrobat will continue to steal focus and push it's…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I really don't like the new Acrobat Reader user interface.
    The Reader is a simple program, so why complicate things by moving menus around etc (and then not allowing them to be moved back)
    The traditional interface has remained largely unchanged for 25+ years, so why change it now?
    If Adobe really think Acrobat needs a new interface, then please keep the old one handy. I've already changed mine back to the orginal.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. In MS Outlook you can create a pdf and add it to an existing pdf. (As in my attached screen shot)
    Please make this available in Excel

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please restore the 'merge PDFs' capability. I do not mean 'combine PDFs'. Merging PDFs was simple with Acrobat X.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When PowerPoint files are converted to PDF, all shapes containing embedded text that were excluded from reading order in PowerPoint are being tagged inappropriately during the conversion to be read by assistive technology anyway. Tagging and reading order as specified in PowerPoint should be carried over to Adobe PDF, and if text is marked to be excluded from reading order because it is actually decorative, this should be honored in the conversion process. For example, we use callout markers that consist of a solid circle with a number embedded in it (1, 2, 3, etc.). The numbered circles are excluded…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When PowerPoint files are converted to PDF, slide titles should be converted to H1 because PowerPoint currently does not establish a hierarchy of headings. However, when I test the PDF output with a screen reader, I discover that they are all converted to H2, and there is no H1 anywhere in the file. Adobe Acrobat Pro is flagging this as a heading issue in accessibility checker, but the slides are properly set up with title placeholders on the master layouts, so Adobe is improperly applying H2 to slide titles when no H1 is present. See these WCAG accessibility standards and…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?