Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

120 results found

1. Since the new upgrade to mojave, I have issues converting ppt files to PDF. When I use PNG files in the powerpoint to get converted with a grey line around the picture in the PDF. See attached files how this looks. How can I fix this?
    I am using version 2019.010.20069 and powerpoint Mac version 16.20

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Frank

As communicated to you over email, the issue you are facing is a Mac OS issue and has nothing to do with Acrobat. So we are closing this case from our end.
    Feel free to reopen a new case, if you face this issue with Acrobat.

Thanks
    Tanvi

2. You made the combine feature weaker than it was in the past with the new set up

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Combining files not working with docx files

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hello,

I noticed recently when one combine 2-3.... separate PDF documents that they have been OCRed/Enhanced before the output will be an imaged PDF file and one needs to OCR/Enhance it again... was not like that before.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. using the document cloud to convert the word doc to PDF, the page layout was messed up, there were blank pages in the pdf. Tables did not fit. It was not an exact copy of the word doc. However using the save as function on word gave the exact copy but of course without the hyperlinks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
    Get an error when trying to create PDF files from Word (single and/or multiple) Software simply says: Encountered an error..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When exporting PDFs from Powerpoint for Mac in Mojave, images are getting a thin grey outline and some colors are changing. PLEASE FIX ASAP, we use this every day and we are screwed until it is. Wish we didn't update!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When I combine PDFs that are open on my screen, intermittently a grey screen will pop up instead of the files that I want to combine. Then I have to close out all the PDFs I'm working on and then open again to combine them. This Bug needs to be fixed and did not occur on older Acrobat versions. Please help.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Bug.
    File>Create>Combine files>Add open file>select all>ok > then Escape to cancel

redo File>Create>Combine files>Add open file>select all>ok> no file appear to be combine

have to restart Acrobat

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. This is a bug report. Adobe will not let me combine photographs that have been converted to PDF into one document so they can be Bates numbered. I get an error message that says Adobe encountered an unknown error and it will not combine the photographs. Help please!! I work for a law firm and am trying to produce these photographs in our discovery responses!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Why is there a size restriction on PDF dimensions?
    I have a fairly simple outdoor sign created in InDesign at 234" wide and when I make it into a pdf it is cut off.
    Very annoying! It certainly has nothing to do with file size as the cut off PDF is less than 100K!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I frequently combine PDFs into one report document, and lately when I go to add footers, headers, and/or watermarks, I get an error message "An error was encountered while retrieving page content." I have to convert the entire file to .ps, THEN back to PDF, before I can add my page numbers, etc. This never used to happen. Please fix it!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 'Combine Files' doesn't combine. It creates 2 tabs, and that's not what I need. I need a single scrolling file of multiple pages. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. This new version is not intuitive or user friendly. It's visually ugly. There's too much clicking around to find the different tools that you need. Due to the weird organization, I'm wasting time trying to figure out how to get what I need. It's not efficient. Frankly, I hate everything about it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I've used Adobe to create pdfs with multiple files for years. It's one of the programs that has been a staple of my office operations. The new Acrobat DC makes navigating to combine files much more difficult. The menu bars are not the same every time I open the program. The program saves in obscure locations on my PC which I never use. While working on combining files it often closes the active deocument while I am searching for the files I need (which weren't saved in the correct location, etc. You have wasted hours of my time. Adobe has…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Frequently I need to save newstories and youtube video content. When I used Pro IX, I was able to convert the entire news webpage with the embedded video. Now, most of the time when I try to convert a news webpage, what I get looks like a jumbled version of the webpage with partial photos or placeholders for the photos or video. What happened? It seems like the capability went down. I can't seem to get any video content, and I get all the ads instead of the content I wanted.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Can't select files and make combine work, won't clear the print que, won't save files all the time, won't, won't, won't....and won't let me sign in from a different time zone when travelling without changing the time. This is nonsense. Time to look for a version 11 left over....

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When I place a vector file (ai, eps) in InDesign, enter alt text in "object export options", then export to pdf the alt text does not carry over into Acrobat DC. When I place a raster file in Indesign and follow the same steps, it does carry over into the pdf file. I had a software engineer take a look and he said that the information is in the pdf in the back end and should display the same as using the raster file. I'd like to use the vector as it gives a crisper version of the scientific figures.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

Thanks for sharing the steps. Your problem looks to be an InDesign issue as they are unable to embed the alt text in the PDF.
    Would request you to post your issue in InDesign forum.
    There is nothing more we can do from Acrobat side.

Thanks
    Tanvi

18. Save a document with top level layers as well as sub layers as a PDF with sub layers in tact.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I have set bookmarks for custom styles in my Preferences. However, when I create the PDF, not all the text is displayed, particularly the numbering in some of my headings. Some of the numbering is displayed, while others are not. I checked the Word document and the correct styles are applied to all the text.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, we cannot take your bug request at this moment given other high priority issues.
    Can you please explain why these numbering were so important (in the event we want to fix this in future) ?

Thanks
    Tanvi

20. Hi there

I was used to Adobe Pro 9/10/11 until last week when i was 'upgraded' to Pro DC as we are now using Windows 10. I believe Adobe Pro 11 is end of life too?
    I used Adobe Pro 11 to create portfolios which worked very well until i looked at Pro DC.
    Now the layout has changed so much that once you the portfolio has been created you cannot see the first page which was very helpful. Now all you see is the adobe logo.
    The various views have disappeared, 'grid' being my favourite.
    Also the addition or…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

We understand your concerns and appreciate your feedback. The lack of views in Acrobat DC is because we have dropped support of Flash due to security vulnerabilities in Flash.
    So currently, there is no other Acrobat version that would support those kind of views.

Thanks
    Tanvi

• Don't see your idea?