Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. It is practically impossible to publish a hyperlink in a PDF document with the current security paradigm. Converting a word to PDF results in links getting blocked in a window called Security Block, with the message "Adobe Acrobat does not allow connection to: [website domain]." You limit the reach of and potential of PDF documents by having such an unnecessarily aggressive security posture.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. So Combining the PDF option Creates an extra page. This does not happen when a Word document is saved and then combined. It seems that ADOBE's Conversion is either detecting Footers or Headers as a page and creating an extra page. How do we fix this? The issue is with the conversion not combining the files. Not an issue with Word since it is capable of saving as PDF without the extra pages. It would also not save certain pages.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The posted instructions for adding "attachments" inside a PDF document are missing a crucial step toward the end. If it's a file or PDF already "attached" to the main PDF, a user must OPEN the attachment BEFORE clicking on SET LINK or the link will NOT FUNCTION. See attached screen shot or this URL: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/links-attachments-pdfs.html

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ever since the update my work computer got for Adobe Acrobat - splitting invoices has been even more time consuming. There's this new bug where every time I change my output options it doesn't save and defaults to "the same folder selected at start." This happens every time. I have to repeat this process a second time for the location to save. Also whenever I close output options window, the "Split" window should not close after I make my selection. This was not an issue in the previous version of Adobe I had.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please remove this step or add a box to check all items in bulk. It takes too much time and is annoying when working with a 20+ pages document

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Dear Adobe team,

I am reaching out to you to express a concern regarding the functionality of Adobe Acrobat. Recently, I have been using Acrobat to combine multiple PNG files into a single PDF document, but I have encountered difficulties in this process.

When attempting to combine the PNG files in Acrobat, I have noticed that the program does not seem to recognize this image format correctly. While Acrobat is known for its ability to work with a wide range of file formats, it appears that support for combining PNG files is either absent or limited in this specific feature.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When scanning a new document, Adobe automatically pulls up the latest document when you have multiple Adobe files open. Adobe then automatically checks the box "Append to current document". This can cause unwanted pages added to a separate file that is being worked. Suggest you fix Adobe so that the Append Box is unchecked as a default and/or "create new document" or "append to current document" options are added that do not pull up the last open file automatically. Then if the user wants to Append to an existing document, they can, but it is then a conscious decision. I've…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Include Visio files in the files that can be right-click converted to PDFs from Windows Explorer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Acrobat has already added a feature to allow users to set a default zoom level for new bookmarks.

I would like a similar feature to added for links that a user creates that "go to a page view".

When I create an index page in a document, I often add links to the index that will take the user to the particular items. It is my preference (much like with bookmarks) to have these links set to "inherit zoom". Unfortunately, there is no way to set a default zoom level of "inherit zoom" for new links.

Doing this manually is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Creating a numbered document and its longer then one page it would be nice to start the second page with any number. I have 1 thru 8 and wanted to start with 9 on the second page

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Steps to reproduce issue: Open word, click "create and share Adobe PDF" wait for 5 min. receive error message. Repeat. It is pretty regular event. Lately its 90% of the time I try. When the product works it produces a beautiful PDF, and when it does not it produces nothing. Considering that my work requires this regularly, it is rather frustrating. To have something I pay $20 a month for, not work.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be really awesome if Adobe PDF Maker was able to generate a single PDF Document containing the message and any attachments automatically. For example, if I receive an email and that email has one or more attached documents (e.g. PDF, Word, etc.), when I create a PDF document, a PDF document is created containing the email message and all attachments in the subsequent pages.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I am able to combine multiple images into a combined PDF file but then when trying to save, I can select the location and hit save, but nothing happens and the save is NOT completed. This seems to happen if the combined file is more than 300 pages, regardless of the images size. If I perform multiple combines and the total pages exceed that threshold, I need to quit the application and restart to be able to save. This only occurs with the 64-bit version (latest version and versions since last June) as I am now working with the 32-bit…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I'd like an Acrobat utility that permits one to swipe to the next page, or use a key to turn the page, so the PDF becomes more like a book. Here's an example of such software: https://www.1stflip.com/page-turning-software.html

There are many products out there. I like Acrobat Reader and I'd like something that integrates perfectly with it, and with my existing Adobe subscription.

I think the idea, and the value of the idea, is self-explanatory. It's an extension of the creative possibilities that is key to your marketing.

Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In create Pdf feature we have multiple formats supported to convert into pdf and combine however for visio files we have only .vsd format available but not .vsdx. kindly add .vsdx visio format also in supported list of file formats it would be helpful for visio drawings to get convert and combine in single pdf file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Select multiple pdf files and right click + combine, then save - opens the folder (destination) the combining files are. If this feature is available, It saves a lot of time.

P.S. Nothing is impossible!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be great if you could drag a file from an email attachment right into Adobe Acrobat instead of having to save it to my computer and then drag it over. Just saving a step and a daily part of my job is receiving attachments to put into Adobe Acrobat as a pdf.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. My work includes creating MS Word docs that can have a lot of footnotes. Because of its benefits, I often use "Save as Adobe PDF" when I am ready to file the document, which much be in PDF form. However, sometimes the resulting PDF does not match the original MS Word doc. That is, the last line or so on a page in the MS Word doc ends up being moved in the conversion, so it appears on the next page in the pdf. This increases over the rest of the document, so that the resulting pdf. does not match,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. To ensure that assistive technologies can parse tables, headers that are repeated across pages should be marked as artifacts. This is recommended by the PDF Association's Tagged PDF Best Practice Guide: Syntax: https://www.pdfa.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/TaggedPDFBestPracticeGuideSyntax.pdf . However, this structure is not followed by PDFMaker when converting from Word to PDF.

Steps to reproduce the issue
    1. Open the attached Word document.
    2. Go to Acrobat > Create PDF.
    3. Press Save.
    4. Open the resulting PDF (also attached).
    5. Open the Tags panel (View > Show/Hide > Navigation Panes > Tags).
    6. Expand the <Table> tag.

Environment (OS, other related application versions,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. A new bug in Adobe.

When combining Word docs (and I believe it may affect other file types), the file name cannot be very long. Not sure how many characters but not very many. This is causing inefficiencies in my work where I publish research articles and the file name contains important information to identify each article. Having to shorten the file name wastes time. If this is an unintentional bug, please fix it!

The error received is "No PDF file was created because Adobe Acrobat encountered an unidentified error". Less than helpful generic message leading me to believe this…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?