Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

595 results found

1. Please add following text field properties for text fields in pdf forms:

1.) Justified text alignment under Options Tab; and
    2.) Hyperlink format under Format Tab.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. If I create a fillable field in a form with mulit-lines, I can center the text horizontally in the field but not vertically. It would be great to add this as a feature.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

I have forwarded your request to engineering. It will be picked up after prioritization. We will contact you if we need some more information on this.
    Thank you for your patience

3. batch rename form field based on selected fields so that a simple Javascript can hide or Show them based on the simple syntax of the Field name.
    How to implement it:
    1. Select form fields in overview panel
    2. Right-click Batch rename selected form fields…
    3. Done and great for javascritping with ease.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please allow a user to assign a "Participant Role" to multiple fields at once inside of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (Convert to Adobe Sign form). Similar to how you can select multiple fields and make them all required with one click. This isn't always a huge issue, but when assigning multiple fields in a large table format this can quickly become very tedious and massively time consuming.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please enable a way to have the drop down menus on PDF forms blank until clicked on. If the item list has three or less items, you can click the blank space (Under dropdown properties > options > item list) but if there are four or more list items, one of them is always selected and shows on the drop down list (not blank.)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. (See attachment)
    It would be great to be able to grab and pull the left edge of the FIELDS pane over to the left to widen it. Some of the text field names can be very long and can look identical to others unless you can see the whole title. (I know you can hover over the title to see the full text but that only seems to work intermittently, and is time-consuming).
    Also, when scrolling up and down or when trying to grab and move titles to rearrange the tab order, it's easy to get confused and lose your…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

I have forwarded your request to engineering. It will be picked up after prioritization. We will contact you if we need some more information on this.
    Thank you for your patience

7. There are many basic youtube videos on creating forms. I need to know how to create complex forms with equation, reference fields and so on. What i learned from what is available out there is not adequate and doesn't work all the time. So better instructions are needed. You sell a product but must also provide good instructions on how to use it well. If there isn't any internal resource, please contract 3-party to do so. i have spent so much time on it and am still fumbling around. Very unproductive with my time.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

Helpx Page provided. Can revisit if we have further info on the request.

8. this upgrade is so much worse. i cant even type on a PDF like before.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please allow application to open all documents in read mode directly

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Fillable PDF after filling in will not Save nor Save As in both Acrobat versions despite update

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Since the 6/6/23 update, has anyone else noticed that the new "Alternate Description for Links" field does not work? Text can be entered into the field but screen reader does not read. Tested with JAWS 2023, 2022, and NVDA (2023.1.0.27913).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I would like to request for multiple fields edits in one go.

I use InDesign to create digital forms. After exporting the work, I opened the PDF in Acrobat. In my example, I have 4 rows of Date of Birth. I usually edit the DoB to custom dd/mm/yyyy. Acrobat as it is today, only allows me to edit the field one cell at a time which in my case I have to edit 4 times. Imagine if I have a table with 20 date of birth cells. That's 20 edits!!

I would like the ability to select all 4 cells…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be an amazing time-saver if we were able to change all default settings for field properties, i.e. type and size of font for each field or all fields, type and size of radio buttons and checkboxes, etc. This would make me -- and many other users -- much less irritable when I have to create forms.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Problem: When creating a fillable form, you either have to go in order of fields you create or in order of field creation number. When I receive forms that have already been given a great deal of time, the tabbing functionality is not ideal due to the function obeying the rule of field creation/ purposeful placing in the fields scrollbar. This becomes a chore when dealing with hundreds of fields. Ideally at this moment you want to scrap the whole creation and begin in a more formal and tedious recreation.

Solution: Multiple click/drag selectable field grouping. Where you can form…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Currently this is possible through workarounds, but it would be nice if Acrobat natively supported embedding the fonts used in forms, so when users type in the form field, their typed text appears in the designated font face.

(This essentially means bringing Acrobat up to par with online web-based HTML forms with embedded fonts using CSS.)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please allow form padding options/properties for form fields. The top margin padding is too much and can't be adjusted. There are no options for left/right padding. This is especially problematic when autocreating form fields where you have large text boxes created to match borders you designed in the template. The form fields created expand to the borders and so the text is right up against the side borders.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. text box person can drop text/letterhead and not lose formatting- for fillable form - to use as a form that can be given to multiple people/dept that have different letter head but same information is needed... So they can drag and drop letterhead in text or jpg in to a prechosen position with out having to upload or "edit" the form text box person can drop text/letterhead and not lose formatting. I am using the adobeDc

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In Adobe Acrobat Pro DC's Prepare Form mode, before one of the more recent updates, I could click and drag my mouse over 1 or more interactive PDF form fields to select/modify and move them as desired.

When I wanted to click away/deselect them, the selected items would simply deselect no matter where I clicked (including existing text elements) and leave me in Prepare Form mode.

Now, when I attempt to deselect interactive fields by clicking on any element, such as text, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC takes me to Edit Text & Images mode.

If I want to click and…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be great if users could insert a sliding scale field for range questions (like a 1-10 question) in the same way that we can insert a checkbox or text field when creating a form. I have to create employee appraisal templates and I need to include a slider scale. I have attached an example of a sliding scale.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The ability to prepare a form from a scanned document (or PDF that had no form elements on it) is a great feature, and if the instructions from https://acrobatusers.com/assets/collections/tutorials/legacy/id_2263/acro9_designforms.pdf are followed, makes it easy to turn a flat document into a fillable form.

However, I believe a feature of this has been overlooked since the introduction of the date style form, and that is the ability for the prepare form feature to recognise a date and apply the date style form.

My request is to update the prepare form feature so that something that resembles a date field is given…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?