Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

598 results found

1. Our Enterprise Developers use Acrobat to create and publish forms. In order to verify the forms before publication they used to use Reader so they could see the form as a user would see and interact with the form, making adjustments as needed. They can no longer do this as Acrobat Pro DC prevents the installation of Reader DC. This needs to change ASAP

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Javascript is essential to all but the most basic pdf forms. In the 10 years that I have subscribed to Acrobat Pro for Mac, Acrobat Pro has never worked with an external javascript editor. It will most often open a script in an external editor but will NEVER permit the user to resume work in Acrobat when the editor is closed: Acrobat always - no exceptions - freezes at that point and must be forced to quit, then reopened. Users have complained about this for years. Adobe will sometimes blame Apple. Adobe never solves the problem and does not appear…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I work for a municipality. I have to create numerous fillable forms that are posted online. A few years ago, Adobe had no problem turning these forms, created in either “LaTeX” or MS Word, into fillable forms. However, that is no longer so. Adobe is now unable to recognize “squares” or “boxes” used as checkboxes. This is a significant problem. Some of my forms have dozens or more checkboxes. Creating each one manually is a real chore.

There is no logical reason for this failure by Adobe. It did work correctly a few years ago. I am perfectly willing to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I cannot get the external editor to open from Acrobat. I've never had this issue in over 11 years of creating PDF forms.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Currently you have to use Java Script to create a dropdown list that includes an item with a null (blank) export value. There is not way to add a null value to the list in the Prepare Forms - Dropdown Properties user interface. You can create a list item that looks blank by using the space bar, but that is not the same as null and will generate an error when importing the data into our database (where true null is an acceptable entry, but any text entries that don't match the validation list are not, and the entire record…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I am currently stuck on a project here due to the sometimes unpredictable and difficult to work with form field auto detection in Acrobat. I am designing a rather complex form in InDesign and exporting the PDF to have the form fields auto-generated in Acrobat.
    Radio Buttons in particular are the trickiest to work with because of their demanding conditions. It is leading to a frustrating end-user experience when the radio button form fields get generated as circular check boxes which is intuitive and confusing. It seems to unexpectedly incorrectly interpret them as check boxes in some cases, and correctly…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to copy over all form fields created into one PDF into another PDF. For example, an application packet that one would make into a fillable form, then - since many application packets have the same blanks and check box spots, be able to pull all the same fields from one state's application packet to another state's packet.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When I use the Create Multiple Copies command, the Overall Size values are calculated differently depending on the zoom % of the document I’m working on. Which makes predictability of the width / height area completely impossible.

It’s also has something to do with the resolution of the monitor. On my MacBookPro, I need to setup my Zoom to 66% to get a practical math logic. On my Old Surface Pro 3, it need to be 43.2%.

This juggling of math make this feature really close to useless.

Tell me, what is Acrobat's mathematical logic here? And how can I…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The function to automatically and customizeable renaming of formular fields is needed!!!
    F.E.: If you want to deploy 500 checkboxes - you have to copy them and change name by clicking every box or deploy them one after another. This is absolute horrible.

It would be very helpful to have a function which can do this:
    - Mark the fields you want
    - Change name with a given name and f.e. growing numbers for the marked fields.

Please integrate soon. It wastes so much time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I need to be able to set the default properties on form fields so that all form fields created in the future --- whether by me manually or automatically by way of Acrobat's Prepare Form > Scan feature --- reflect the "default" property settings, both in the current doc and in all future docs. Default means default.

Let's review the current flow here:

1) I open a PDF doc that I want to convert to a fillable-form.
    2) I choose Tools --> Prepare Form
    3) I accept the option to scan for all form-field auto detection.
    4) All form fields…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. In re case number : ADB-16059245-S8V0: DC Pro does not allow the change of font or color of a particular word within a paragraph for emphasizing, within a text box for input of comments or instructions. This can be performed in other software packages and extremely disappointed by paying a premium price for a subpar product. I'm certain I am not the only person who has this issue.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Is it really that hard to auto save PDFs? It's ridiculous that in 2020 my PDFs don't save to original documents as I work. Thanks for wasting my time and losing hours of work.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Adobe Pro needs to have a feature to create expandable drop down lists. I have seen it in other products, but it fits well with the PDF Pro.

I would like to be able to create easy drop down check lists, divided by topic, so the user can expand the form in the areas they need. This will reduce time for the customer to have to scroll through the document to find what they are looking for and will increase the functionality of the document.

I would like it to contain a plus box and minus box, so people can…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I seem to have got on to a trial for Adobe DC that expires in three days but I already subscribe to that so confusion somewhere.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. On the smart phone apps iPhone/android I want to be able to save my file as a different name and it saves over top of my original form

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I am a sports photographer. Mostly tennis. I might take 200 photos of a particular player. My intention is to sell the images to the players/parents. I have to send a PDF file of all the images for them to look at. When I send the file they may just copy the images, regardless of the fact I have put a logo over the images. Some people are happy with that. Some just keep the images with the logo over the top. It means I do not get paid. I want to be able to send a file that deletes…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When checking forms in the PAC3 checker, I'm always getting this error for all the form fields: Possible inappropriate use of a 'Form' structure element.
    In Acrobat (2020.009.20063 on MacOS X) I've done the accessibility check and the PDF/UA preflight without any problems, so the PDF should be ok.
    To fix the problem I'm manually assigning the attribute "Placement: Block" for each form field in the tags panel, which is a lot of work. Is it possible to add that attribute automatically when creating the form field?
    I could buy axesPDF QuickFix to fix the problem, but this should be…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When a docx is saved as a PDF (by Microsoft Word 2019 MSO (16.0.12624.20348) 64bit) and form-fields are added in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2020.006.20042, and the resulting PDF with formfields is then filled out and saved using Preview.app 2020.006.20042 on a Mac, the resulting PDF hides the filled out content of form-fields. Clicking into the filled form field reveals the contents. The PDF renders fine in other PDF viewer implementations.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Create an empty word document and save it as a PDF.
    2. Open the PDF with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and add a form field…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Fields become "ghost fields"; they still show up in the sidebar on the right and you can still open their properties. However, you cannot select the form field and type text in it. You also can't change the properties, like name and tooltip fields; when you try to, and click away from the field you just changed, they revert back with no notification. This happens every time I open this file in a different application, such as an Accessibility plug-in called CommonLook, and has happened with other files too. Fixing tags in the plug-in causes forms to break in Acrobat,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When using Acrobat Pro DC for Windows and separating the output preview, the picture will be garbled.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?