Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

597 results found

1. Save a copy was always an option for our form files so that we could edit/add extra type. Now when I try to do that, I still get the error message telling me to go to "file" and "save a copy," however "file" is now "menu" and there is no "save a copy." Glad I still have a typewriter in my office! Please fix this ASAP - your last update was a downgrade. :(

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Amorphous core transformers have a number of advantages over traditional transformers, including:

Lower losses: Amorphous core transformers have lower eddy current losses and hysteresis losses than traditional transformers. This means that they are more efficient and can save energy.
    Smaller size: Amorphous core transformers can be made smaller than traditional transformers because they do not need as many laminations. This makes them more compact and easier to install.
    Lighter weight: Amorphous core transformers are lighter than traditional transformers because they do not need as much material. This makes them easier to transport and handle.
    More reliable: Amorphous core transformers are…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I am trying to combine multiple template PDFs that have fillable fields. These fillable fields have unique information in each PDF document. Since this is a template document, the fillable fields are the same name. When combining the PDFs, the data from page 2 onwards gets overwritten by the data that was entered in the first document. Refer to case # ADB-29950592-T4D3. Customers should be able to combine PDF forms that have identical field names in the forms.
    Also, customers should be able to "Request e-signatures" with Adobe Portfolio files.
    Contact me at 705-280-7911 (Andre D) and Dipen (Adobe employee)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. This ability appears to exist in the Hebrew version. Please, PLEASE, add the ability to right-align the text in dropdown lists to the Acrobat Standard English Version. Thank you!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When asking field properties on Mac French version :
    The text in the bottom of the windows appears in a wrong position.
    You need to do a screen copy, then, with Aperture or other, you need to do a vertical switch to see correctly the text.
    MBP Retina 15 inches, mid 2015 - macOs Monterey 12.6.5
    Acrobat Continuous Release - Version 2023.001.20177

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In order to keep PDF forms as clean and short as possible, it is often helpful to hide pages in a form unless they are needed. The only current way to accomplish this is to write a Javascript that retrieves a template using this script: var a = getTemplate("");a.spawn(); the template however goes to the end of the form instead of the desired location. The template also changes the text box names ruining the functionality of the boxes. This could be fixed by better Javascript instructions or even better an option to accomplish this task in the text box actions.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Using the Combine function does not work like it use to. Now when us the Combine function it does the following:
    1. Open Abode -> Combine function
    2. Move the documents that I would like to combine to be one PDF document
    3. Select the Combine button
    4. Adobe will start processing, but it will try to save the first document as a PDF and Word will try to print the document, not sure why.
    5. If I do nothing (waiting for the App to continue processing the other documents) Adobe will not get past the first document.
    6. I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The datetime field is not working in Polish version of Adobe Acrobat Pro 32 and 64 bit - Windows 11. After clicking on the field, a small button should appear. After clicking this button, a calendar should pop up. In my case, nothing is happening. But it works properly on English version of Adobe Acrobat Pro.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. You have implemented this feature 5 years ago https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/19741672-add-an-addional-field-type-picture-field-in-the

It seems like the feature is thus far undocumented: https://opensource.adobe.com/dc-acrobat-sdk-docs/pdfstandards/PDF32000_2008.pdf

Would it be possible that you could document it in your next iteration of the pdf specs so that we can have a chance of it working in other software as well?

I have tested and the feature works in both acrobat and foxit, but when I load the document in any browser, the picture insertion field does not work...

I can't believe it if I am the only one facing this brick wall...

We are an NGO with the purpose…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Right now the user has to dig through various TEMP folders in Windows in order to MAYBE find the document they spent hours working on before the program or Windows crashed.

The problem is that TEMP files are usually scratched after a reboot, so this means NIL former versions.

Other programs like MS WORD will show to recovered, unsaved documents prompt from a crash like this.

Why in 2023, is this not a feature in this commonly used program?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The option "Delete Empty Tags" is still visible within the Acrobat UI and has been broken since an update was pushed September 2020. I understand from working through the Admin Console that there are no plans to fix this.

"Delete Empty Tags" is a very important function for PDF remediation. Since this option was broken three years ago, remediators have to manually delete each empty tag.

Please bring this back.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. InDesign allows for the creation of PDF forms, including text fields, but unfortunately, it doesn't allow users to modify the text field as Acrobat can. For instance, I would like to be able to include default text in my forms (text that appears inside the text field after exporting my InDesign document to PDF); to align the text (left, right, center); etc. It also would be nice to be able to export from InDesign to an Acrobat Reader Extended PDF without having to do so from Acrobat. Adding these Acrobat capabilities to InDesign would be a huge time saver.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It should be possible to scale images proportional and scale them over the whole frame in forms. This is called 'Autofit' in indesign for example.
    See also the screenshot attached. Frame should be completly filled (left) but proportional (right). This would be really helpful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. MacBook Pro: Chip Apple M1 Pro, Memory 16 GB, MacOS Ventura 13.0.1 Acrobat has a particular performance drop when using the form boxes. At my work we are provided with a PDF file with fill boxes we need to use to write our weekly plans. On my Windows based computer everything runs as expected but when working from my MacBook Pro there is a serious performance degrading glitch. Whenever I select on a box to write in, I notice the entire PDF file lags and has difficulty scrolling or registering actions easily. Severely slowing my workflow. Only when I click…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be great to offer true PDF Web Forms that look like the actual document such as an employment application online that can be linked to or embedded in a website for the public to fill out in the browser and submit. Instead of using an HTML form, they would see a true form fillable pdf that they could fill out and submit. Essentially merging the paper presentation of a PDF with an HTML form to run on websites.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Is it, or will it be possible in the future, to adjust a multi-line text field font size when set to auto in the appearance properties? I would like to start at a font size 24 or 30 and auto downsize as the text field fills up. It seems to default to size 12 only when multi-line and auto (font size) boxes are ticked in properties.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Files on Google Drive will open in Revu but not Adobe after the recent update.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When signing a PDF document and loading signed PDF into Acrobat Reader DC (v2022.001.20085, 64 bit). The file will load correctly but when clicking on on the signature it will give the error:

Error during signature verification.

Adobe Acrobat error.
    Bad parameter.

After a LOT of trail and error I found out why. This is because Acrobat does not follow the spec in some cases. This why some validation works correctly in some parts, but not others.

The field type (FT) shall be Sig, and the field value (V), if present,
    shall be a signature dictionary containing the signature and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When using prepare forms tool the right sidebar that lists the tab order for fillable fields is too small (20 characters max) and the only way to reorder tab order is by drag and drop.

Consequently, you drag something but you can not read the place that you are dragging to.

Fix the right sidebar where it is resizable.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Screen flashes and fields disappear when I'm preparing a form, especially when I'm zooming in to align fields. Usually the entire screen grays out and pieces will appear as I move my mouse around. Makes it nearly impossible to create a form. Extremely buggy!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?