Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

295 results found

1. 1) Read in the attached file "bug.pdf"
    2) Push "Scan & OCR"
    3) Push "Correct recognized text."

The resulting screen capture for me is shown in the attached file "a.jpg." To create this weird selection, I had toggled on "Review recognized text" then double clicked on "Guide-" which is in the upper right corner of the red box (as currently seen). Notice the text that was recognized was "Cnicl?b". I had hope to replace that text, but making the selection area so large seems nonsensicle.

I'm running on Windows.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I was surprised to know that Arabic language is not included in Adobe OCR language list, please consider adding the language.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1) Read in the attached file "bug2.pdf"
    2) Push "Scan & OCR"
    3) Push "Correct recognized text". You should see the views shown in 1.jpg and 2.jpg.
    4) In the "Recognized as" text area, notice there is a space after "pach." Delete the space and push "Accept."
    5) Click the "OK" button of the message dialog window.
    6) Toggle on "Review recognized text"
    7) Double click on "pach" in the document, notice that despite the space having been removed, it still recognizes "pach" as a separate word from "ypus." See 3.jpg

It should combine them together into the single word…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1) Open the attached file in Adobe Pro DC.
    2) Click on "Scan & OCR"
    3) Click on "Correct recognized text"
    4) Toggle on "Review recognized text"
    5) In the "Recognized as" text area, change "th~" to "those"
    6) Push Apply
    7) Select Menu>Export a PDF>text (plain) and export a file and look at it.

Notice after the correction, "those" slightly overlaps the word to the right of it and no longer matches the length of the underlying text of the image. Before the correction, there was a space between "th~" and "of", but after correction and export to the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Using Windows 10 and both new and old Acrobat DC experience crash (program closes) when I try to OCR with my Xerox Duplex Combo Scanner (which I have used for 5+ years without a problem before today). I have tried going through Enhance in Scan & OCR (in old experience) and it also crashes (not if I de-select Recognize Text, however). Not sure why all of a sudden, program crashes out on OCR (I have tried several scanned documents). Quite frustrating!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I've tried running OCR scans for English text multiple times on my document but it never works despite my document's text being very clear. I'm running version 2023.006.20320. It is quite disappointing that Acrobat can't even recognise the text when it's so clear. It's not like this scan was a poor quality scan even!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I have scans from archival documents in a pdf which range from a few to almost 200 pages. These pdfs contain documents in English, German and French. The interface only gives me the option to choose either whole document, or single page, or a page range. Which means I have to repeat the settings innumerable times. Many printer interfaces allow for multiple page selection as in '1, 6, 8-13, 25-37, 39, 52' and then these pages are selected. It would be great to have that in the OCR interface on Adobe reader. Being able to do that for multiple languages…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I work in the legal industry and we often have large collections of documents where some contain OCR while others require OCR. It would be great if we could easily identify the documents that require OCR to speed up the batch processing of large collections. Additionally, with the availability of LLMs and image recognition, it would be great if you could utilize these to vastly improve the quality of the OCR output.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The future of furniture shopping is likely to undergo significant changes as technology continues to advance and consumer preferences evolve. Here are some potential trends and developments that could shape the furniture store phenomenon in the future:

Online Shopping Dominance: Online furniture shopping has been growing steadily in recent years, and this trend is expected to continue. With the convenience of browsing and purchasing furniture from the comfort of one's home, online platforms will likely dominate the market. Virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) technologies will enhance the online shopping experience by allowing customers to visualize furniture in their…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Croatia has been recognized by World for more than 2 decades and you guys still didn't implement your softwer to recognize all alphabets from multiple countries just like Croatians ć, č, đ, š and ž. OCR failed miserably not recognizing any of these letters. It's time to do smth about it guys...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I have Acrobat Pro and tried to scan a pdf with OCR which gave me a message which said something about I have to pay for the OCR feature. This led me to finding the below support doc indicating OCR is part of Acrobat Pro.

Clicking on the same exact button again it brought up the ocr tools instead of displaying the message, but I wouldn't have necessarily thought to try the same thing twice until after searching the web for which adobe product I would need to purchase to use OCR in Acrobat Pro (it's built in as it…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1) Open the attached file "a.pdf"
    2) Push "Scan & OCR"
    3) Push "Correct recognized text."
    The text window should look like the attached image "1.jpg". The 3 areas of recognized text are erroneous recognitions. One is a square angle denoting a corner of a page, the other two are dirty spots. The only thing I can do now is replace the recognized text with a space (" "). I suggest that a better option would be to add another button to the dialog box shown in the attached file "2.jpg." The button could be called "Remove recognition" or something…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Request: Improve dialog for scanning settings

Pain Point: When scanning documents, I sometimes need to select single-sided scanning and other times 2-sided scanning. It is cumbersome to have to click on the "gear icon" for document type, e.g., color and then also have to click on a very small option for 1 or 2-sided scanning.

Desired result: Build in sets of radio buttons to quickly establish document type, color mode, e.g., color, gray or black and white, and 1 sided or 2 sided scanning.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hi to all,
    i want ask if is it possible to have a "FIlters Function" of Adobe Scan mobile app on Adobe Acrobat Pro. i need this to give an original touch to pdf signed and to do looks like it was a real scan page, right? It works very well on Adobe Scan, but i use notebook with adobe acrobat pro and i can't yet to find a feature of that. Thanks for the availability.

GB

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. OCR function sometimes causes pages to rotate incorrectly.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Simply clicking on a part of a scanned document with the pointer tool causes Acrobat to stall while it loads the Edit Scanned Content contextual menu, making it unable to respond for several seconds. Doing any amount of activity on Acrobat causes about 60% slower production as it very easily spends more time non-responsive than responsive. There should be an option to disable the menu from within the menu itself, or toggled from a toolbar. I cannot find a way to deactivate it.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open a large scanned document.
    2. Run OCR on the document.
    3. Attempt to select text…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please provide OCR for HINDI and Devnagari, where many Indian or Nepali languages can be supported.

Why you people don't provide support to DEVNAGARI FONT / HINDI.

In totality Hindi/ Marathi/Nepali and other Devnagari font readers are over 1 billion .

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. People in Sri Lanka is now widely using Adobe Acrobat and it's getting more popular. But there are some issues that most of Sri Lankans face. There are many languages listed in Acrobat tools such as Scan and OCR. But Sinhala Language is not listed in any of these. Please add Sinhala to tools in Acrobat.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When copying and pasting serial numbers which contain letters and numbers from PDFs in Adobe Acrobat Pro, the S is often mistaken for 5 and B is mistaken for 8. OCR should be enhanced to preclude this issue from happening.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?