Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

295 results found

1. I cannot save a scanned document. When I click on "save as" a blank box opens up. Nothing else happens. This just started today. I was happily scanning and saving yesterday with no problem.

Anyone know what's wrong ? AND the FIX?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I would like it, if a user could only auto tag figure. It is a common issue for me to have figures that aren't initially recognized, but auto tagging the whole document interrupts the text.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hi,
    I do a LOT of scanning via Acrobat Pro DC. I am often creating multiple documents, but each time I initiate a scan I have to select a folder to save the documents to (usually 5 or 6 clicks in an AWFULLY BADLY DESIGNED folder selection window.

I ask just ONE thing - can you please provide an option that allows me to specify a DEFAULT folder that will be selected when I wish to scan (and save multiple files).

This is the biggest pain in my *** right now - adds 7 clicks and 20 seconds every time.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Fujitsu fi-7160 scans disappear (crash) using the "Create new from scanner" option only. All other scanning works as intended.

the same issue occurs with WIA or the Twain drivers. All drivers and the program is fully updated.

Please help

Ed Brooks

• <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    • <System> <Provider Name="Application Error" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID> <Level>2</Level> <Task>100</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-05-17T17:28:02.962994900Z" /> <EventRecordID>70746</EventRecordID> <Channel>Application</Channel> <Computer>KCO-1021.kuenzicpas.local</Computer> <Security /> </System>
    • <EventData> <Data>Acrobat.exe</Data> <Data>19.12.20034.1161</Data> <Data>5ccb9be1</Data> <Data>ucrtbase.dll</Data> <Data>10.0.17134.319</Data> <Data>c1f0557a</Data> <Data>c0000409</Data> <Data>000a24cb</Data> <Data>4528</Data> <Data>01d50cd5c99f40b6</Data> <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe</Data> <Data>C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll</Data> <Data>3b536a66-c051-4f0d-9b70-02f7f014d22d</Data> <Data /> <Data /> </EventData> </Event>
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I cannot find Arabic language to recognize text or convert arabic pdf files.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I have a page that I have scanned 5 times using "PDF Producer: Adobe Photoshop for Windows -- Image Conversion Plug-in". This creates a valid pdf when exported as "Photoshop PDF/*.pdf", but repeated fails when Tools | Enhance Scans | Recognize Text is selected. I have repeated the scan numerous times, and have generated a fresh pdf using this process 5 times, with the same error each time. I have attached the pdf for use in bug reporting

Platform info:
    Windows 10 (1809, Build 17763.437)
    Acrobat Pro DC (2019.010.20100)
    Photoshop (20.0.4)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please add text recognisation for bangla text in OCR of Adobe Acrobat pro DC.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. no eraser, erratic not dependable

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. For legal and compliance reasons, my industry often requires large numbers of items (50+) to be available in our dropdown fields.

These items often require review and/or quick corrections/edits, and it can be very frustrating to scan for the needed item in the list when the display box can only view 4 or 5 items at a time.

It is also a frustration when the horizontal length of a field is longer than the box size.

Allowing the box to be dragged at the corner to increase the x and y lengths would be a small but tremendously helpful ui…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Current version Adobe Pro crashing on scanning after 5 pages on some users
    Faulting application name: Acrobat.exe, version: 17.11.30127.54368, time stamp: 0x5c68a6cc
    Faulting module name: Acrobat.dll, version: 17.11.30127.54368, time stamp: 0x5c68a6a2
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0003c2ad
    Faulting process id: 0x26b8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d4ea3757165205
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 2017\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 2017\Acrobat\Acrobat.dll
    Report Id: 995f39a0-972b-4112-81b8-525cca3e6d69
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Current version Adobe Pro crashing on scanning after 5 pages on some users
    Faulting application name: Acrobat.exe, version: 17.11.30127.54368, time stamp: 0x5c68a6cc
    Faulting module name: Acrobat.dll, version: 17.11.30127.54368, time stamp: 0x5c68a6a2
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0003c2ad
    Faulting process id: 0x26b8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d4ea3757165205
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 2017\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 2017\Acrobat\Acrobat.dll
    Report Id: 995f39a0-972b-4112-81b8-525cca3e6d69
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Currently, Adobe Acrobat Pro must be connected directly to the scanning device in order to create PDFs via scanner. Other scanning programs can scan wirelessly, so this should be possible. I'd prefer to use my printer via wifi, but it appears I'll have to connect it via a USB cable only for Acrobat Pro. Would be great if you could add this wifi feature to Acrobat so that this is not required. Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. We are looking into the possibility to rearrange our electronic archive which at the time being is stored in TIFF files.

Tiff files are quite large to handle and we are thinking about converting the files to PDF and OCR-readable.

In the product Adobe Professional, there are some programs which could be useful for us such as: “reduced size PDF”, “text recognition” and saving the file in a PDF/A format afterwards.

As we are looking into the possibility for an automatic process, we would like to know if there are any program Dll´s to purchase which can be started by…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. provide option for more than one brand of printer

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please make Thai language possible in OCR. There are 76 milj. Thai people ....

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Acrobat DC crashes every time I try to create PDF from a scanner. Does not start scanning, just crashes as soon as I click on "Scanner" in "Create a PDF from any format". Have reinstalled Acrobat DC and printer/scanner (Brother MFC-9970CDW) to no avail. This feature worked until recently.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The Canon Image Formula DR-C125 comes with a native program that removes blank pages while scanning. I use this to scan, and then switch to Acrobat to edit thereafter. It would be nice if Acrobat had a blank page removal option.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. EXAMPLE: I just scanned 19 pages then clicked on TOOLS to use the stamp command. Aggghh I didnt realize that my original scans are now lost forever presumably becuase I didnt save or 'export' the scane? <weep>. Surely you should alert the user that he's not saved his work?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. If Acrobat is to replace PDF generating software, scanning with the native scanner interface needs to be one click - it now is at least 3 clicks - adding this to the customizable menus previously requested would be great.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?