Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

295 results found

1. Random pages in foreign language (Gujarati) are getting flipped when scanned

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. New Acrobat GUI with controls on left > Scan & OCR > Correct recognized text > previously could begin typing into "Recognized as" field. Now have to click into field before beginning typing. And previously could hit "Enter" to Accept but now have to click on Accept. New GUI is much more time consuming having to use mouse. Please return putting keyboard entry control into first character of "Recognized as" field and allow Enter key to do "Accept". Thanks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Given that I believe Adobe OCR is the best on the market to-date it still has a problem recognizing the difference between a 5 and a 6. I find when it converts scans to "courier new" is when the problem truly manifests itself. In the attached files is a scan of a receipt scanned on a Cannon TR7520, using SCAN GEAR, "UNSHARP MASK" on, with other settings to darken scan. Also the converted file is included. Generally It properly converts to a five but if enough "debris" is included in the loop, it converts to a 6, it seems to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Recognize Text feature encounters errors on each page. Error reads: Acrobat could not replace the current page with the new recognized page because of the following error: This operation is not permitted This could be due to either a low memory situation or low disk space <>Ignore future errors in this document <OK>

If I click <x>Ignor fute erros in this document, it still stops on every page of the document, even if the document is 100 pages long and requires this error to be OK'ed for each page before the process will stop. clicking the "Cancel" button has no…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please provide support for SE Asian Language for OCR. I have many customers that work in a large government agency that has requested this. Most notable now for Khmer language support.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I normally have to scan 5 to 8 pages with OCR using the feeder on an HP9015E printer. Why not have a one page setup and then one scan button.

Try it sometime yourself. It is a real mess especially with the auto bed option instead of a setup for the feeder.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Just got Adobe Pro DC this week. Try as I might, I can't set Custom Settings for following reoccurring Scanning to OCR needs. 1. paper size, 2. Black & White, 3. Feeder - Multi-page. Currently, after each page, I have to go and select 1. scan another page, 2. set Black & What, 3. Page Size, etc. there should be a way that I can place up to 25-50 pages in my feeder, set to scan and then step away from the scanner, My Adobe 8 Professional, which I used for more than 10 years successfully, allowed me to do…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. There seems to be a memory leak in the OCR feature. If you try to OCR a large (say 500+ page) scanned text my computer alerts that I've run out of application memory (see attached photo). This is bonkers and needs to be fixed! You've got to memcheck this or something...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. My industry has a need to perform OCR on very wide PDF. J16 is essentially two E-size drawings wide, and J48 is 6 E-size drawings wide.

Today, Acrobat DC Pro (and its predecessor) give "Unknown error" when trying to do OCR on such a large PDF.

I am asking Nitro and Adobe to enhance their tools to support such wide PDFs, so OCR can work.

Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When OCR'ing a document using Acrobat Pro DC 64-bit Version 2022.001.20117 one page in the document generated the following error:

Acrobat could not perform Text Recognition on this page because:
    Unknown error

The page causing the error is attached.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Not an idea. Just please make it work on large plan sheets like it used too please.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The existing OCR function can create really strange interpretations on letters that otherwise look pretty clear to the human eye. Would propose that the OCR use AI language functionality support to encourage higher accuracy in translating the images to text.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make scans searchable by default.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. After setting up to Scan & OCR using an EPSON Perfection 600 Photo scanner, I clicked Scan. I am trying to scan a simple medical receipt, one page only.
    The Adobe Acrobat DC app did not respond.
    I then clicked Cancel, but got an error message indicating Scan was in progress.
    I tried to Quit the Acrobat DC app, but got a similar error message indicating Scan was in progress.
    It seems I will have to Force Quit to close the app and try to scan with another app, from Epson.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Iam scanning PDFs with Screen Reader and sometimes when my Program in UiPath opens a PDF_Ducument in Adobe it shows only black and white bars. It is clearly a bug, u cant detect any PDF Document. Its is pretty annoying to work with this bug, exactly because it comes only sometimes and i cant figure out why. Adobe also is wrong formatted and there arent any menus to interact with... It would be so nice if this is fixed, or anybody tells my why this happens. I cant upload the picture idk why

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sometimes when my Program in UiPath opens a PDF_Ducument in Adobe it shows only black and white bars. It is clearly a bug, u cant detect any PDF Document. Its is pretty annoying to work with this bug, exactly because it comes only sometimes and i cant figure out why.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. After scanning document for OCR, it will copy, but pastes a bunch of question marks and not the text that was copied.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Productivity severely restricted due to no support to Hindi. Will not seek paid subscription after end of trial period. Will revert back to lower versions of Adobe Acrobat for limited use.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?