Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

295 results found

1. When I create a file with scanning, and when saving, I change the IME to Japanese, Adobe Acrobat DC freezes

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Single button scan direct form home screen

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hi,

I am using the Adobe scan app and the scans are uploaded to document cloud. I can see and open the files from within Acrobat Pro 2017 in the Document Cloud section. However, when I click on the "Adobe Scan" category under file lists, it tells me that this folder is empty. But shouldn't the Adobe Scan files be shown here? This seems like a bug to me.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allways get this error when scanning "The Selected Color Format is not supported".
    Scanner works fine with other software.
    iMacPro with Canon TS8120.
    Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be great if there was a way to create a .pdf from doublesided documents without doing each page manually or having a scanner that does it automatically. Ideally, I would scan the odd pages. Then turn the stack of documents over and scan the even pages. Then reverse the even pages (to go from low page number to high). Then combine the odd and even pages in a way that it will be: 1,2,3,4,5,6, etc

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. This is an OCR and Export issue. Because DC's OCR is not as good as it was in Pro, I get tons of errors that I correct. The correction is great unless the OCR grabs half a letter. However, if I export the OCR's pdf to Word, DC OCR's the pdf again and does not retain the corrections and will export with the same errors. That is crazy.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Latest DC, scanning crashes in idrsocr15.dll and if I try to edit a scanned PDF. Scanned PDF and event log entry attached.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hi,
    I do a LOT of scanning via Acrobat Pro DC. I am often creating multiple documents, but each time I initiate a scan I have to select a folder to save the documents to (usually 5 or 6 clicks in an AWFULLY BADLY DESIGNED folder selection window.

I ask just ONE thing - can you please provide an option that allows me to specify a DEFAULT folder that will be selected when I wish to scan (and save multiple files).

This is the biggest pain in my *** right now - adds 7 clicks and 20 seconds every time.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. no eraser, erratic not dependable

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Acrobat DC crashes every time I try to create PDF from a scanner. Does not start scanning, just crashes as soon as I click on "Scanner" in "Create a PDF from any format". Have reinstalled Acrobat DC and printer/scanner (Brother MFC-9970CDW) to no avail. This feature worked until recently.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. EXAMPLE: I just scanned 19 pages then clicked on TOOLS to use the stamp command. Aggghh I didnt realize that my original scans are now lost forever presumably becuase I didnt save or 'export' the scane? <weep>. Surely you should alert the user that he's not saved his work?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. If Acrobat is to replace PDF generating software, scanning with the native scanner interface needs to be one click - it now is at least 3 clicks - adding this to the customizable menus previously requested would be great.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Through the several different iterations of Acrobat Pro DC the Enhance Deskew tool has never generated professionally straight and page-aligned results. So always have to revert to Acrobat X Pro Text Recognition Tool that consistently generates beautifully straight and page-aligned results. If the old program can do the job then why can't the new one? Very Frustrating.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. PDFLYER options available in PDF PRO?
    page links,
    tick marks
    texting on page not in a comment bubble
    optimize to straighten text when a document is scanned a little side-ways.
    etc.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I really need Clearscan back. I don't want editable texts, but I just want characters to be smoothed out. I feel that there should be an option for this. I am Japanese, and usually scan Japanese characters. Editable texts might work for alphabets, but not really for Asian characters. I upgraded from Acrobat XI to Acrobat to Acrobat pro 2017, but scanning experience with this 2017 version was the worst as far as ocr was concerned.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Currently Acrobat Pro DC recognizes Chinese and Japanese (and probably Korean) in left-to right horizontal format, but does not handle vertical text reliably. The apparent reason is that in edit mode text areas are always defined horizontally. An explicit configuration option for vertical text would fix this. The attached file if a pdf scan of the first section of a recently published Japanese book.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Pro DC is awful for performing OCR. It recognizes very little text, even with a clean scan. It also does not install native Windows fonts to add text to a document. XI did both of these things very well.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. During the correction process utilize a dictionary to look up words which contain most characters as determined by scan and in the same left to right order. Present these as choices to be picked rather than only allowing change via direct editing. Permit editing after a choice is made however because the choice might only be close.

So often I have seen "print" scanned as "primt" for instance. Since most text is words in a dictionary the correction process can offer alternative spellings with some high degree of probability that one of them is correct. This could also be used…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. As a preprocessing step for our document analysis technology, we need to OCR hundreds of document scans. Since we need not only the recognized text, but also font information and text position, your OCR technology as integrated into the Acrobat DC provides the best quality for our needs, but unfortunately, there seems to be absolutely no possibility to automate the OCR process? Your mobile app seems to access some cloud api, since there you can make a picture with your phone and get the OCRed PDF within seconds from the Adobe servers, but the API is not public (at least…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?