Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

295 results found

1. This is a bug report.

In macOS,
    'language' of application and OCR language have to be the same.
    Otherwise it won't work.

In Windows,
    this bug doesn't exist.

Details are discussed as following.
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2353148
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2353145

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. If you select and drag/drop a large number of files into the dialog and, for some reason those files are unreadable (eg the drive is no longer mounted) you get uninterruptable "<filename> could not be added to the list because it does not exist." errors, one after another. You cannot interrupt this, so if there are 100+ files you were adding you get 100 error messages one after another that you have to manually click OK on to go past.

Other, more mature, applications notice this behavior and give an option to abort the entire process if there are multiple…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Just tried this out on a scanned PDF of Japanese text with the latest Acrobat Pro (2023.008.20470) and the results were completely unusable. Searching for any text on the page had zero results (even simple hiragana). Copying and pasting text gave me wildly inaccurate kanji and other symbols. macOS Preview does a pretty good job of letting me search and copy text from the same document, even my own poor handwriting, and I don't even have to wait for a progress bar.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I'm trying Acrobat Pro and it seems that the new UI that we can try doesn't allow me to correct OCR by marking something as "not text". With the old UI, you can simply erase the garbage text next to the picture, and press "OK" or whatever, then this part of the document stops being considered as text.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When i use CTRL+F (Find), the software does not find any match in this PDF. In Google Chrome the FIND in this PDF works very well. Why does Acrobat Reader 2023.01.20143 not work with this PDF?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please add multithreading. I am writing this as I am WAITING on my Mac M2 Ultra with 128 GB of RAM to complete an OCR, that is apparently a still single threaded application.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Adobe closes immediately after clicking Recognize Text in the Scan & OCR tool or Optimize Scanned Pages in the Optimize PDF tool. This occurs on the Windows 10 desktop version. I've tried checking for updates (already up to date) and repairing the installation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Attempt to scan from Canon imageformula DRM-160II in Adobe Acrobat Pro with native scanner interface in Windows 11 hangs. The workaround is to scan with the USB driver first, then (without exiting) go back, and then scan with the native scanner interface. The first attachment shows a hung screen, whilst the second attachment shows the reported error when you can close the native interface. Cannon says it is not their problem, as their software works in Windows 11. I fear finger-pointing from both parties. The bottom line is that this scanner (and likely other Cannon scanners) does not work with…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1) Read in the attached file "bug.pdf"
    2) Push "Scan & OCR"
    3) Push "Correct recognized text."

The resulting screen capture for me is shown in the attached file "a.jpg." To create this weird selection, I had toggled on "Review recognized text" then double clicked on "Guide-" which is in the upper right corner of the red box (as currently seen). Notice the text that was recognized was "Cnicl?b". I had hope to replace that text, but making the selection area so large seems nonsensicle.

I'm running on Windows.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1) Read in the attached file "bug2.pdf"
    2) Push "Scan & OCR"
    3) Push "Correct recognized text". You should see the views shown in 1.jpg and 2.jpg.
    4) In the "Recognized as" text area, notice there is a space after "pach." Delete the space and push "Accept."
    5) Click the "OK" button of the message dialog window.
    6) Toggle on "Review recognized text"
    7) Double click on "pach" in the document, notice that despite the space having been removed, it still recognizes "pach" as a separate word from "ypus." See 3.jpg

It should combine them together into the single word…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1) Open the attached file in Adobe Pro DC.
    2) Click on "Scan & OCR"
    3) Click on "Correct recognized text"
    4) Toggle on "Review recognized text"
    5) In the "Recognized as" text area, change "th~" to "those"
    6) Push Apply
    7) Select Menu>Export a PDF>text (plain) and export a file and look at it.

Notice after the correction, "those" slightly overlaps the word to the right of it and no longer matches the length of the underlying text of the image. Before the correction, there was a space between "th~" and "of", but after correction and export to the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The future of furniture shopping is likely to undergo significant changes as technology continues to advance and consumer preferences evolve. Here are some potential trends and developments that could shape the furniture store phenomenon in the future:

Online Shopping Dominance: Online furniture shopping has been growing steadily in recent years, and this trend is expected to continue. With the convenience of browsing and purchasing furniture from the comfort of one's home, online platforms will likely dominate the market. Virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) technologies will enhance the online shopping experience by allowing customers to visualize furniture in their…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Croatia has been recognized by World for more than 2 decades and you guys still didn't implement your softwer to recognize all alphabets from multiple countries just like Croatians ć, č, đ, š and ž. OCR failed miserably not recognizing any of these letters. It's time to do smth about it guys...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Request: Improve dialog for scanning settings

Pain Point: When scanning documents, I sometimes need to select single-sided scanning and other times 2-sided scanning. It is cumbersome to have to click on the "gear icon" for document type, e.g., color and then also have to click on a very small option for 1 or 2-sided scanning.

Desired result: Build in sets of radio buttons to quickly establish document type, color mode, e.g., color, gray or black and white, and 1 sided or 2 sided scanning.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. People in Sri Lanka is now widely using Adobe Acrobat and it's getting more popular. But there are some issues that most of Sri Lankans face. There are many languages listed in Acrobat tools such as Scan and OCR. But Sinhala Language is not listed in any of these. Please add Sinhala to tools in Acrobat.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When copying and pasting serial numbers which contain letters and numbers from PDFs in Adobe Acrobat Pro, the S is often mistaken for 5 and B is mistaken for 8. OCR should be enhanced to preclude this issue from happening.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Random pages in foreign language (Gujarati) are getting flipped when scanned

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Given that I believe Adobe OCR is the best on the market to-date it still has a problem recognizing the difference between a 5 and a 6. I find when it converts scans to "courier new" is when the problem truly manifests itself. In the attached files is a scan of a receipt scanned on a Cannon TR7520, using SCAN GEAR, "UNSHARP MASK" on, with other settings to darken scan. Also the converted file is included. Generally It properly converts to a five but if enough "debris" is included in the loop, it converts to a 6, it seems to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Recognize Text feature encounters errors on each page. Error reads: Acrobat could not replace the current page with the new recognized page because of the following error: This operation is not permitted This could be due to either a low memory situation or low disk space <>Ignore future errors in this document <OK>

If I click <x>Ignor fute erros in this document, it still stops on every page of the document, even if the document is 100 pages long and requires this error to be OK'ed for each page before the process will stop. clicking the "Cancel" button has no…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I normally have to scan 5 to 8 pages with OCR using the feeder on an HP9015E printer. Why not have a one page setup and then one scan button.

Try it sometime yourself. It is a real mess especially with the auto bed option instead of a setup for the feeder.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?