Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

295 results found

1. Just got Adobe Pro DC this week. Try as I might, I can't set Custom Settings for following reoccurring Scanning to OCR needs. 1. paper size, 2. Black & White, 3. Feeder - Multi-page. Currently, after each page, I have to go and select 1. scan another page, 2. set Black & What, 3. Page Size, etc. there should be a way that I can place up to 25-50 pages in my feeder, set to scan and then step away from the scanner, My Adobe 8 Professional, which I used for more than 10 years successfully, allowed me to do…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. There seems to be a memory leak in the OCR feature. If you try to OCR a large (say 500+ page) scanned text my computer alerts that I've run out of application memory (see attached photo). This is bonkers and needs to be fixed! You've got to memcheck this or something...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. My industry has a need to perform OCR on very wide PDF. J16 is essentially two E-size drawings wide, and J48 is 6 E-size drawings wide.

Today, Acrobat DC Pro (and its predecessor) give "Unknown error" when trying to do OCR on such a large PDF.

I am asking Nitro and Adobe to enhance their tools to support such wide PDFs, so OCR can work.

Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Not an idea. Just please make it work on large plan sheets like it used too please.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I am currently running Windows 10 on a HP Laptop and every time I try to use Acrobat Pro DC to scan a document it crashes. I've checked for updates but it shows that all updates are applied. Can someone tell me what is going on?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I want to recognize Devanagari Text by using Acrobat pro DC. Currently, I heard that it is impossible. Would you enhance your Acrobat pro DC to recognize Devanagari Text?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. OCR for languages with accents, such as French, would be drastically improved if the letters from that language, such as ç ê è à á, were included. Choosing a language-specific OCR does not make much sense when it doesn't include the letters from that language.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Currently the dialog box for a batch OCR process shows the current file number and the total number of files, it then shows the current page number being worked on but it doesn't show the total number of pages in the current file so you don't know how long that particular file has left to do.

In addition, it would also be very useful to have an option to "Abort batch after current file complete"

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please can you add Irish (Gaeilge) to your list of languages for Scan & OCR? Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. If you are scanning a document, with many pages, you do not lower the scanner lid (to speed up scanning), but this causes a black stripe to form at the edges of the text. Now you can select the text and images excluding the black border; If you want to obtain a document with the same format, for example an A5 (without black borders) this is not possible with this program, because if you report it in A5 format, the black border is revised. It should be easy to delete the outside of the selection. Sincerely

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The user review feature of OCR allows limited correction of Acrobat's low-confidence recognition instances. After--or separate from--that process, users should be allowed to correct any recognized text--often, even when using the review feature, words are broken up, making search difficult. Users should be able to combine or split Acrobat's character groupings--to separate or connect those text blocks to match the word / sentence structure for proper searching. Basic Machine Learning (and even decades old OCR) used dictionary matching to help assess the probability of correct interpretation--this also should be able to determine that "correction" is a more likely translation than…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I have a lot of documents to scan, save, and upload and I wish that Acrobat DC would put a little confirmation box so I can remember if I have performed the OCR already, because for some reason it is easy to forget and there seems to be no way to confirm the OCR has been performed and no way to set Acrobat to provide such confirmation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When scanning multiple pages, there should be another confirmation dialog after selecting 'Scan more pages (sheet n)' because it is unclear that the next page should be ready for scan before clicking the 'OK' button.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. During a recent update the ability to scan the backside of documents is gone. There used to be 3 options after a scan was complete; Scan Compete, Scan More, Scan Reverse. Scan reverse would allow you to run the back pages though and the program would auto-sort those pages in reverse order. Now you don't have that option and it only allows to Scan More and then you have to manually move the pages where you need them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Revert to 2017 interface for scanning. if i want to switch between one side and two sides, I have to change the default setting each time. same with page size. I attached the older interface. Much easier to use.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I'm trying to OCR photos of text on a PC screen. I'd think OCR would do a much better job if I could give it hints, such as:

• the text to recognize is in a monospaced font (now, it tries to use a font with variable character widths, frequently leading to words with spaces in the middle of them)

• the text to recognize has regular line spacing

Also, it would do much better if I could tell it:

• proceed line by line; don't jump all over the place. OCR sometime reorders the content of tables in strange ways.

Attached is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Get the free Adobe Scan app no Ukraine in the list of countries for telephone numbers
    Adobe Acrobat PRO DC -> Left bar "Scans" -> "Get the free Adobe Scan app -> choose country for phone number that link by SMS can be revived

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When scanning multiple pages, the scanner scans all the pages but the adobe program just reads the 1st page and freezes up. you can not close. operation not allowed still in scanning process.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When scanning multiple pages, the scanner scans all the pages but the adobe program just reads the 1st page and freezes up. you can not close. operation not allowed still in scanning process.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?