Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

282 results found

1. Adobe Acrobat / Reader currently does not support Chinese SM2 Digital Signature Algorithm.
    Hope to support in the future.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I cannot edit PDF's because I need to enter a permission password to do so. However I never set one in the first place, only the one to sign in to my Adobe account.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It seems that when an author creates a PDF and locks it, the allow highlighting and bookmarking are not a separate item. You should separate this so that it can be a more enjoyable read for the reader. I bought a book. I want to highlight and bookmark the parts that are important to me. The owner said it's a security thing and if he locks it, then that's it, no kind of editing can be done. I don't consider highlighting and bookmarking an edit since the original item will not be changed. You have taken away from my enjoyment…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Recently noticed someone had used my workstation and opened all my bank records on my "Recent" list.

I am trying to clear the list but can't figure out how? It appears to have disappeared with updates, or moved to somewhere I can't find.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. How do I change my password? It isn't apparent

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Usually when something needs to be digitally signed or validated with a certificate, it's because it is upper management. In my experience, upper management tend to be on the move a lot more and since certificates are only available to their computer, it would be handy if they could also digitally sign from their phone. This is also very useful when they're on vacation too.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We have proprietary software that serves up PDF files stored in a location that end-users do not have access to. These documents can contain PHI and PII. We want to prevent the ability for users to send copies the document outside of our system. We have been able to lock down every aspect except for attaching to an email. There is a toolbar and menu option for this feature.

For security reasons I would like the ability to disable the attach as email feature the same way that I can disable WebMail.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Currently the PDF signature routines of Acrobat fail when using certain certificates. As an SecSigner employee explains, this may be due to symmetric curve crypt algorithms or using PSS padding, cf. https://seccommerce.com/anforderungen-an-den-secsigner-im-rahmen-von-etsi/ (in German)

E.g. current PDF files by amazon.de result in the following error (German Acrobat DC installation, no pending updates):

Fehler bei Unterschriftsprüfung.

Bei der Prüfung ist ein Fehler aufgetreten:

Interner kryptografischer Bibliotheksfehler.
    Fehlercode: 0x2726

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I have a CC account with my university.

I have a preferred name which is the only name displayed on my Adobe account (online and in all CC Applications like PS, AI, etc.).

But on Adobe DC, my former name is displayed somehow.
    Despite the name not appearing on any of my actual Adobe account information.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

When you say Adobe DC, I believe you mean Acrobat Pro DC?

Try the following steps and let us know if that helps:
    1. Launch Acrobat.
    2. Click on your name at the top right corner. And click on Sign-out.
    3. Close Acrobat and re-launch, it should ask for re-login. Enter your Adobe-ID and check.

Let us know if that helps.

10. I would like to know why Hardware Rendering has been disabled when the option "Enable Protected Mode At Startup" is checked. Why is hardware rendering a security issue?

To me this is a serious bug. You have crippled Adobe Acrobat for 3D delivery by forcing this on users.

If you find a PDF file that has ANY javascript in it are you not only disabling the javascript but also disabling hardware rendering?

I can kind of understand disabling javascript, although all that functionality should be able to be sandboxed. You, Adobe Developers, have full control over all the methods exposed…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hello- (Feature request) May I suggest the ability to add a custom email contact etc. signature? (The address & contact one, not the legal or digital one). Our user was trying to send PDFs, and while it opens her mail (Gmail) the signature part doesn't get added on. From what I gather, it is because the programming interface and user interface can't talk to each other, they are seperate streams, maybe? (see link to similar, below)

Anyway, if they can't communicate, maybe add the possibility of a custom email address / contact one, in a future release?

The closest I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. program stalls, won't close, and crashes repeatedly upon every use; already re-installed and have all current updates, protected view off -- this started about a month ago after using the same system for 2 years

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Send & Track emails do not have aligned RFC5321.MailFrom and RFC5322.From fields, thus fail DMARC checking as per acrobat.com policy of "p=reject", which instructs receiving MTAs to reject or bounce misaligned messages.

Proof attached.

Please either:
    A) allow users to change the RFC5322.From field in the product UI
    B) or, create a separate subdomain for Send & Track messages with DMARC policy of "p=none"

This will ensure better deliverability.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I use the Adobe Acrobat DC to secure it with password so I can prevent the document from being copied or edited. However, when I upload it to Google Drive, it can turn into an EDITABLE document on One single Click. What is the use of this type of encryption?

Is there a way that I am missing out on that can help achieve secure the document from being copied or edited with such ease because I haven't found any.

Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Product manuals are often secured and one can print but not comment, hi-lite or otherwise mark up important info would be helpful. Such "edits" could be a different layer and not integral to the original document. Even disclaimer text or ownership of such edits could be water-marked into the file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hello, the signatures made on a PDF with the identification card of Spain (DNIe) the product does not manage to validate it correctly since the hierarchy that signs the OCSP response has been modified and instead of being signed by a subordinate the root itself does.

The OCSP response is signed by the following certificate:

https://www.dnie.es/descargas/certificados/Ocsp_Responder_AV_DNIE_FNMT_AC_RAIZ_DNIE_2_0320 18.zip

This certificate is issued directly by the Root Authority:
    https://www.dnie.es/ZIP/ACRAIZ-DNIE2.zip

Why does the PDF indicate "certificate not valid for use?

There is a test set available to make a valid signature and another with certificate revoked at this link:
    https://www.dnie.es/descargas/certificados/Set_Certificados_Pruebas.rar

Thank you very…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. In order to disable the password encryption option within Adobe Acrobat Standard and Professional DC, the complete security suite under Protected Mode needs to be disabled. This means that Enterprises that don't want users to password encrypt PDF documents have to remove the built in Sandboxing solution for PDF documents, thus compromising their security controls.
    There should be a granular capability to disable the option to password encrypt PDF documents, without having to turn-off other security features.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In Switzerland, as in the EU and many other countries, appropriately digitally signed documents in PDF format are legally fully equivalent to paper-based original documents, signed in handwriting by (one or more) signatories in the presence of witnesses.

STATUS QUO

Country specific differences in national law applicable to establishing the legal adequacy of digitally signed documents with their paper-based equivalents require country specific validation of digitally signed documents against applicable sets of criteria.

The following criteria need to be fulfilled, in order for a digitally signed PDF file to be considered VALID in the sense of LEGALLY COMPLIANT with the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I somehow have put a password on acrobat where it automatically puts paswords on all of my documents and i cant remeber what the password is.... this means i and others can open documents but we cant edit them????

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. There should simply be an option when you click to sign form to add a digital signature. That was a feature that existed before, but now it's much more difficult to create digital signature boxes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?