Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

282 results found

1. Prevent 3rd Party applications to hack or remove password protected documents. Encrypt Password Protected PDF, so if it's hacked the sensitive data is not compromised.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I digitally sign a lot of invoices. I'm not filling in a field, just creating a box that fills with my digital signature. It used to take me a couple of clicks in the old version. Now I have to do Tools, certificates, select the signature, click on a box and a button... And then the next time I open a PDF I have to go through the whole thing again, because the tool bar config is not saved. This is a huge waste of time and I'm VERY dissatisfied with this release.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Since Adobe Pro is asking for a password for every document we try to edit or combine. Appears same happened last year when a new version was released. https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2452664

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When I secure a document to prevent it from being exported, then anyone I share the document with is unable to print it. I cannot separate printing from preventing export of the document as part of security.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Will Adobe offer notaries the capability of E notarizing documents

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It took me several days to find where one can remove a "to do" message to sign a document that popped up on the acrobat document list. It was over a year old and not important or wanted. It is not obvious what one should do to manage the message to deal with it or make it go away.

I did figure out how, but it is not documented to well. nor could I find any mention in the help system.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In Adobe XI we were able to sign things without creating an account and a digital ID. It just brought up a box that could be drawn in, aka the Ink Signature.

Adobe DC needs a way to use the Ink Signature without creating an account every time. Our workflow demands that hundreds of people sign documents, and every person who comes in should not have to create an account to sign a simple form.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Send & Track emails do not have aligned RFC5321.MailFrom and RFC5322.From fields, thus fail DMARC checking as per acrobat.com policy of "p=reject", which instructs receiving MTAs to reject or bounce misaligned messages.

Proof attached.

Please either:
    A) allow users to change the RFC5322.From field in the product UI
    B) or, create a separate subdomain for Send & Track messages with DMARC policy of "p=none"

This will ensure better deliverability.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Usually when something needs to be digitally signed or validated with a certificate, it's because it is upper management. In my experience, upper management tend to be on the move a lot more and since certificates are only available to their computer, it would be handy if they could also digitally sign from their phone. This is also very useful when they're on vacation too.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Product manuals are often secured and one can print but not comment, hi-lite or otherwise mark up important info would be helpful. Such "edits" could be a different layer and not integral to the original document. Even disclaimer text or ownership of such edits could be water-marked into the file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Multiple components of the Acrobat suite are writing to various sub-directories of Program Files (Adobe, Common Files\Adobe) as a user-mode process. In some cases, this is accommodated by modification to the default ACL model of the directories to allow the process to perform these writes, or it is relying on the UAC VirtualStore to re-direct the writes to a per-user location.

This is not the security model of Windows and these types of writes should either be going to the user's profile or \programdata\ when the permissions model supports this behavior natively. Having user-mode processes write to Program Files causes…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hello, the signatures made on a PDF with the identification card of Spain (DNIe) the product does not manage to validate it correctly since the hierarchy that signs the OCSP response has been modified and instead of being signed by a subordinate the root itself does.

The OCSP response is signed by the following certificate:

https://www.dnie.es/descargas/certificados/Ocsp_Responder_AV_DNIE_FNMT_AC_RAIZ_DNIE_2_0320 18.zip

This certificate is issued directly by the Root Authority:
    https://www.dnie.es/ZIP/ACRAIZ-DNIE2.zip

Why does the PDF indicate "certificate not valid for use?

There is a test set available to make a valid signature and another with certificate revoked at this link:
    https://www.dnie.es/descargas/certificados/Set_Certificados_Pruebas.rar

Thank you very…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The feature "Restrict editing/copying" under Permissions not working when allowing printing. This is a problem as I need to send documents where people can read/print them but shouldn't be able to copy/edit the text to protect our intelectual property as much as possible.
    I have worked with the Adobe support team and they have acknowledged the bug and asked me to detail it here. Please include a fix in your next release, thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add ability to Digital Initials of using an image file instead, JUST like for Signature, please.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I somehow have put a password on acrobat where it automatically puts paswords on all of my documents and i cant remeber what the password is.... this means i and others can open documents but we cant edit them????

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. My account is NOT EXPIRED. WHY DOES IT ALWAYS TELL ME EXPIRED?!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Currently, if you PDF a document and added the current Protection features in order to stop it from being converted back to Word. You can actually upload it to many PDF to Word converters on the internet and it will convert the PDF document back to Word without asking for the password. So a better security feature is needed. Especially for company sensitive documents that I want to PDF, protect and stop anyone from converting back to word.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  cdas responded

Dear User,

While implementing password protection, Acrobat warns user that ,third party apps may not honor the permissions that are being set on the file. Please open the file in Acrobat/Reader itself to honor the permissions.
    Or you can protect the document with certificate .

18. I downloaded bank statements from my bank. I would like to redact account numbers from the bank statements, but they have a security setting limiting me from "editing" the document. The security setting allows me to do many things, but I cannot redact the document. Is that because it is considered "Editing"?

Please add an option on the security setting allowing people to redact secured documents? or remove redactions from being classified as "Editing" in the security setting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I have multiple password protected PDFs assembled in a PDF Portfolio. Every time I try to open them, it crashes on the second or third document. This used to work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When placing my own digital certificate (with visible signature), there are three options:

1) editing not possible;
    2) edit the form and add further certificates;
    3) add notes, edit the form and add more certificates.

Unfortunately, the option 2) and 3) do not work properly, so when sending the PDF file that contains my digital signature and asking others to sign this document with their own certificates, the users are not able to proceed.

As I do need only one PDF file with all digital certificates within that file, is there any suggestion how to allow Acrobat Pro to run…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?