Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

62 results found

1. The new user interface constantly freezes for several seconds every few seconds on my machine. While it's frozen, nothing works. I just have to wait a few seconds for it to become unfrozen. Then a second or two later, it freezes again. Sometimes I'm able to go a few seconds without it freezing -- to get work done. However, it doesn't last long.

I'm using Adobe Acrobat Pro v23.003.20284 on Windows 11 Pro v.10.0.22621 with a Dell XPS 17 9700. I have Display Fusion installed, so there could be some conflict there. I don't have this issue with any other…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. In Windows version 2023.006, searching a PDF for text doesn't highlight the selected text. The navigation arrows for moving between searched text instances have moved to the lower right side of the window, away from the search box. That's not intuitive at all, and requires moving the mouse or touching a different area away from the user's focus.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ich habe eine Lizens gekauft (Adobe DC 2017) aber es funktioniert nicht....Warum?
    ich bitte um HILFE und Freischaltung!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The search feature fails to work on many text documents. This is a relatively new bug. When you search for a word Acrobat finds unrelated words. For example, in one document when I search for the term "Bergomeister" it finds all of the occurrences of the word "but". Sometimes if you cancel the search and try again, it will work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Using Windows 10 Home Version 1909 OS Build 18363.657, when I have a PDF file or multiple PDF files open in Reader DC, and when I close the tab of a file and then try to do something with that file in Windows Explorer, such as rename or delete or move or change it any way, I cannot do so because Windows 10 thinks there is still a lock on the file and throws a pop-up dialog that says to "Close the file and try again." The only way I can get the lock released is by closing Reader DC…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Sorry for the issue that you are facing here.

Do you have Windows Explorer Preview turned on in your explorer window ? If yes, can you please try after switching the windows explorer off and see if that works fine ?
    Also Try to close the explorer window and then try and then try to do any operation on that file in a different exporer window
    Let me know further.

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

6. Even in the latest public beta of MacOS 11, overall performance of Acrobat is sluggish. The app may take over a second to respond to a page scroll request via track pad and scrolling will be choppy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Sorry for the issue that you are facing here.

We tried this at our end but couldn’t get a reproducible case.

Could you please share your BigSur Beta10 Machine configuration/System Information?

Also could you please share a Screen recording video of the sluggish behavior that you observe?

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

7. If I change the document to fit to one page, every time I push another bookmark in the document it is back to full page scrolling view. It takes forever to scroll through one page of document in this view for some reason. Please fix this feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

Thanks for Reaching out to us for your concerns.
    Looks like the Zoom settings of your bookmark are set to FitWidth.

Requesting you to kindly change the Zoom properties of your bookmark to set it to FitPage or Inherit Zoom.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

8. There is no sign out of acrobat DC on the menu bar or in the drop down items.

Please add one.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us for your concerns.
    You can find the sign-Out button on the right most end of the Tab Bar in Acrobat by clicking on the Image icon for your account.
    Alternatively, you can find the sign out button under Help → Sign out.

Let me know if that still doesnt solve your concerns ?

-Ayush

9. After last update (Osx and CC 2020) there is no icon on the top of the opened documents frame in Acrobat. Usually, to speed the work, I export PDF from Indesign, automatically they open in Acrobat and I drag the icon to Skype. Loosing this ability I must find the document in the finder every time.
    Someone know if there is a solution to restore this function?
    Thank you

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for Reaching out to us.
    Please check the list of known issues here : https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/compatibility-with-macos-10-15-catalina.html

We also have a workaround for it to have it get re-Enabled.

Please use the plist file from here : https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A0f2d56db-9d37-442b-b6e1-bd7f26d88c36

Please Extract the zip and use as instructed on the helpx link.
    Let me know if that helps

Thanks
    Ayush

10. When using acrobat DC with dual monitors, it creates a black box in the top menu bar.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When I open a PDF and then double click on the page, all pages rotate 90Deg. Why that and how to stop it?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us for your concerns.
    1) Could you please let me know the current version # of Acrobat that you are working on ?
    2) Is this issue with every PDF that you are trying on or is it specific to some PDF file. Can you please share any sample PDF.
    3) Can you share a Screen Video of the issue so that we have a clear picture when issue gets reproduced.

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Apologies for the issue that you are facing here .

1) Could you please tell me the exact version number of Adobe Acrobat that you are working on ?
    2) Please update to the latest version of Adobe Acrobat using Help → Check for updates.
    3) Is this consistent for you on every Acrobat session ?
    4) Could you please confirm me your windows Os version number and the screen scaling value that you are working with ?

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

13. Adobe Acrobat DC is just an awful counter-productive tool now in Mojave. It crashes hourly (if not more often) just doing normal very simple tasks that I would normally be able to do in previous Mac OS. It doesn't matter if Im just reviewing a pdf made by someone else, creating a PDF from INDD, adding notes to a supplied PDF, etc etc etc ... it just constantly crashes. No warning, no error, just crash... program just quits out. So counter productive now its killing us as a company. PLEASE FIX!!!

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please, please can we have the option to show the Zoom Value (percentage) on the main toolbar. I can't use the 'out of toolbar' display as it disappears, and can't keep taking the mouse down to show the disappearing toolbar every time I want to know what zoom value I'm at.

Thanks
    Mike

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please stop forcing your obnoxious self-promotional popups in our faces like the "Share files with others." If I want to share files with others I will email the file to them, not use your data mining cloud.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Search for text across a number of PDFs together without combining them, needed for searching bank statements for a whole year or similar. Acrobat DC 2019.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When selecting text in Acrobat (for applying a comment or other markup), Acrobat selects whole words (unless you are being particularly careful). It would be good to have the option to turn this off so that we can easily select partial words, starting in the middle of one word and ending in the middle of another.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please revert back to an older version. I hate the new DC version. I used to be able to have my frequently used toolbars readily available when I opened acrobat. Now I have to use several additional clicks to get to the tools I need. It defeats the purpose of paying for acrobat when it defaults to nothing more than a reader. I've spent considerable time looking for a setting to leave the toolbars on the side of my extremely wide screen, but they are well hidden if available at all, and I refuse to sign in to anything.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Multiple Tab Visibility
    - please make the active tab a different color than the inactive tables;
    - please add a keyboard shortcut to swtich between tabs [ctrl-PgUp/PgDn]

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to concern.
    1) This is already implemented. The active tab already appears in a different color w.r.t the Rest of the Tabs. Please see the attached snapshot

2) This can be achieved using Ctrl+T and Shift+Ctrl+T to move ahead and back in tabs respectively.

Let me know if that helps.

-Ayush

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?